Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disappearing/Reappearing

What's the magic????

Yesterday, I was sitting outside, thinking about what a beautiful day it was, and how much I wish I was spending it in Disney World.....when a thought crossed my mind....what makes Disney SO magical??? And how do you define that magic?? I thought and thought and thought....but, I couldn't give it a definition...it's more of a feeling. Which prompted another question....where does that feeling first hit you? For me it's when I first walk down Main Street, when you walk through the train station....a first step foot on Main Street, look down and see the castle looming over head....boom! That feeling swoops over me. I'm there. But, what is the feeling? For me, it's a strane mixture of excitement, being a child again, love and SO much happiness you feel like you're about to burst....

So, give your "magic" a definition....and a moment. When does it hit you?

• SpitSpot!

Re: What's the magic????

It is all in the details baby! From the smells to the quirky liitle hidden objects to the architecture of the different buildings to the background music and all the colours. Colour is a big thing. Everything is more beautiful there, look at your pics, isn't everything so vibrant?
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Every time I go to Disney World, I think the "feeling" hits me when I first get on the monorail and I pull into the MK station. I start to get all excited and a big smile comes across my face.

When I step out onto Main St, and I see the castle and the music playing, I instantly transform into 7yr old I was when I first visited WDW in 1981. Once it all settles in and I turn back into the 32yo I am now I get to enjoy the park, but the minute I see the Spectromagic Parade and the Fireworks I transform into that little kid again and reminisce about the old Main St. Electrical Light Parade.

I hope to hit the parks sometime this year... I need to go back....

• Disappearing/Reappearing

oh, I forgot about the monorail!!!! When I hear Stitch's voice....a BIG smile comes across my face. And Spectro Magic....the smile doesn't end...Wishes, still makes me cry.

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

Since I have only been there once, the magic for me began as soon as I saw the castle. It almost made me cry. Every time we walked down Main St. and I saw the castle it was just so magical and I could hardly believe I was actually there.

I am so looking forward to going in 2 months!!
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• New Old Member

As soon as I see the sign directing me to my resort. I seem to melt in my car, feel real relaxed and the smile automatically is there. The magic is being there. The smile gets alittle bigger upon check-in and it stays there until the ride back home. I must admit though, I get a smile on my face once again when I get home.
    Smile time is in three weeks, staying at Riverside this time. I guess its time to start flexing those smile muscles, must be in shape!

• Minion

For me, the magic of Disney is always around no matter where I am. It's just stronger when I'm actually at WDW and strongest during certain key moments - first visit there, first time seeing Illuminations: ROE, first time seeing kids try and pick up fiber optic lights at Epcot, renewing vows at WDW last year, lunch in Cinderella's Castle etc. etc.

For me, it is a feeling of "purity" in Disney World. The staff, the park, everything is perfectly clean and it all has a magical touch. It is a place where everyone can be a kid, be young and be themselves! Instead of the outside world where you are surrounded by darkness, ups and downs... at Disney... your soul turns into its inner child. I have to say.. the monorail always gets me very excited.. the castle.. spaceship earth.. I can't wait to go back!

• Attn. Space Travelers....

the "magic" is simply in the fact that its not Universal!! lol !

my definition of magic is the smell of the resorts, the purity of everything, the friendly people, and of course the fact that I can re-live all my childhood memories i such a magical setting! you cant beat it....just pulling through the front gates you know youre in a different place....! y'all know what i mean ;-)
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• The Darkness to Light

For me, the last Sea of Dreams short film from TDS pretty much sums up what makes any Disney park magical.

If all things go off without any problems, the parks remind me of that little bit of happiness I once had but forgot about due to several things (mostly social anxiety and depression). To do that and to get me to enjoy myself either at the park or even through an internet video is what makes Disney Magic for me.

• Former Epcot CM

It's SpectroMagic on a warm summer's evening with a Diet Coke and a Casey's Corner hot dog.

It's seeing the castle for the first time each vacation on that boat ride to the Magic Kingdom.

It's riding the Tower of Terror at sunset and watching the whole resort being to light up for night time.

It's taking a boat trip from the Studios to Epcot, and admiring rows upon rows of bright sparkling bulbs at the Boardwalk.

It's getting to Animal Kingdom first thing in the morning and smelling the fresh coffee before you admire the animals waking up.

Meh. Its Disney World.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Space Junk View Post
    the "magic" is simply in the fact that its not Universal!! lol !

my definition of magic is the smell of the resorts, the purity of everything, the friendly people, and of course the fact that I can re-live all my childhood memories i such a magical setting! you cant beat it....just pulling through the front gates you know youre in a different place....! y'all know what i mean ;-)
    I know exactly what you mean! The first time I visited WDW, I knew absolutely nothing about the place, or for that matter, about Disney or how special Walt Disney really was. Yet the moment we arrived on Disney property, and even before seeing any of the attractions there, I knew there was something different about the place. Sounds corny I know, but the thing is, I came in as an ignorant skeptic prepared to hate the place, and after one visit, was hooked.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha View Post
    I know exactly what you mean! The first time I visited WDW, I knew absolutely nothing about the place, or for that matter, about Disney or how special Walt Disney really was. Yet the moment we arrived on Disney property, and even before seeing any of the attractions there, I knew there was something different about the place. Sounds corny I know, but the thing is, I came in as an ignorant skeptic prepared to hate the place, and after one visit, was hooked.
    I mean absolutely no offense to you WDW'ers, but if you really want to feel Walt's presence a trip to Disneyland can be very uncanny!

Don't get me wrong. I was at WDW and I loved it. I love how you are immersed in everything Disney, something lacking a bit at Disneyland due to the simple fact that Disneyland is a tiny amusement park literally in the middle of a city.

Both parks are great!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I mean absolutely no offense to you WDW'ers, but if you really want to feel Walt's presence a trip to Disneyland can be very uncanny!

Don't get me wrong. I was at WDW and I loved it. I love how you are immersed in everything Disney, something lacking a bit at Disneyland due to the simple fact that Disneyland is a tiny amusement park literally in the middle of a city.

Both parks are great!
    You know, I hav e to agree with you. On my one very breif visit to DL, I almost stopped in the middle of the walkway and cried when I saw the statue of Walt there. Now, I'm definitely not the type to cry at the drop of a hat like some people, and I was otherwise having a really fun time there, so I have no explanation for this. Didn't happen when I saw Walt's statue at WDW.

• I was deleted.

Not to quote the Disney promotional video... but I will!

It just might be the people, who help make the magic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast