Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• DisneylandDan

I took the DVC plunge

I did it. I put my deposit down for the Animal Kingdom Villas with Disney Vacation Club. Bought 202 points! Should be fun!

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

Re: I took the DVC plunge

Isn't it 16,000? just wondering.

• DisneylandDan

No its $20,000. Put $500 down then $1500 will be due at closing. I wanted 200 points so I could stay at the Villas for 14 days.

• SpitSpot!

So on top of your initial price of $20 000, do you pay a yearly fee or pay extra for accomodations while you are there? This whole DVC thing seems so complicated for me.
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

• Feeling LOVED

You pay a yearly maintance fee. Depending on the amount of points you bought. The amount of points you buy will depend your length of stay. Also what time of the year it is. December is usually a premimum near the last two week of christmas. Holidays are slightly higher. Its actually a great deal. We love it. We just bought more points so we could add AKV as our home resort.
    HEARTS CLUB !!

• DisneylandDan

Yearly dues are what you pay. Mines like $900.00. It works out good because I want to go to WDW for a long time like 13 nights and its all paid for. If I stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for 13 nights it would be $4888.85 during the value season without DVC. To me thats worth it. My monthly payment with DVC is $230 and my yearly dues are $900. That means I will be paying $3660.00 this year. I would save like $1200.00. I will be paying it off earlier than the 10 years. I worked it out and after 7 years I will be going on vacation for almost nothing besides the yearly dues.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofster View Post
    Yearly dues are what you pay. Mines like $900.00. It works out good because I want to go to WDW for a long time like 13 nights and its all paid for. If I stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for 13 nights it would be $4888.85 during the value season without DVC. To me thats worth it. My monthly payment with DVC is $230 and my yearly dues are $900. That means I will be paying $3660.00 this year. I would save like $1200.00. I will be paying it off earlier than the 10 years. I worked it out and after 7 years I will be going on vacation for almost nothing besides the yearly dues.
    So you pay 900 total for this year?

• Disappearing/Reappearing

<--still confused.

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Goofster View Post
    I did it. I put my deposit down for the Animal Kingdom Villas with Disney Vacation Club. Bought 202 points! Should be fun!

From one DVC member to another... Welcome home!

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

• SpitSpot!

Well, it if you use it every year it sounds like an awesome value. I am happy for you I can't wait until I can buy in. My province (Alberta) has imposed restrictions to DVC. So Disney won't let me buy in unless I had a postal code from Ontario I so don't get the jist of it but...if I went to a "talk" at Sarasota I could buy in. Next vacation I will have to do that.
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

First off congrats!!!

When do they expect AKV to be completed? Is your anniversary date by date resort is completed or when you close? I hope to be doing the same thing this time next year. Do the amount of points to stay go up every year like room rates do?

Again, Congratulations!

• Vehicle rotating backward

Are you getting your money's worth though? $20,000 could buy you 13 nights at almost any hotel on the planet.

And why do they have so many booths for this through the parks? Do they really expect me to drop $15,000+ on the way to Everest in DAK?
    Last edited by MickeyMania; 03-30-2007 at 01:59 AM.

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    Are you getting your money's worth though? $20,000 could buy you 13 nights at almost any hotel on the planet.

And why do they have so many booths for this through the parks? Do they really expect me to drop $15,000+ on the way to Everest in DAK?
    I love it... this is exactly and entirely the thought running through my head every time I pass by one of these things. I eventually realize each time, of course, that their whole point is visibility and getting the name out there
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    <--still confused.
    Go sit through one of the presentations when you are down there.. they appear to do a good job of breaking it down.. without a hard sales pitch.

Basically you buy in for a lump sum.. a large sum that is normally paid via loan.. so you have a monthly payment. The monthly payment is purely to pay for the lump sum loan. The lump sum gives you a certain number of 'points' a year. Then you also have a yearly maintanence fee.. as Goofster posted.. his is $900. So you pay that per year.

How much you pay up front, and per year varies based on when you bought, how many 'points' you bought, and where you bought. The 'points' are like credits you use towards vacations. How much each vacation costs in 'points' depends on length of stay, type of accomodations, season, etc.

People buy a certain number of points/year

• Pilot EdForceOne

Not every year.. for the next 50 though.

Its called exposures.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast