Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2

    Fort Wilderness Junction

    Does anybody know about the proposed Fort Wilderness Junction Resort was going to be like? I only know it was going to be like the Hotel Cheyenne at Disneyland Paris, but that's all I know. What was the deal with the proposed Wild West Town and Buffalo Junction? And does anybody have pictures of what Fort Wildnerness Junction would look like? I heard that Kennesaw Tom from Laughing Place Forums has a book that has pictures of what the resort was supposed to be like, but he didn't scan them. Can everybody please help me out?

  2. #2

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,478

    Re: Fort Wilderness Junction

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
    Does anybody know about the proposed Fort Wilderness Junction Resort was going to be like? I only know it was going to be like the Hotel Cheyenne at Disneyland Paris, but that's all I know. What was the deal with the proposed Wild West Town and Buffalo Junction? And does anybody have pictures of what Fort Wildnerness Junction would look like? I heard that Kennesaw Tom from Laughing Place Forums has a book that has pictures of what the resort was supposed to be like, but he didn't scan them. Can everybody please help me out?
    I've actually never heard of this project, when was this?

  3. #3

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Fort Wilderness Junction

    I believe this was part of the Disney Decade, or around that timeframe. Trying to connect Fort Wilderness to the Wilderness Lodge. As far as I remember, there were also plans to ressurect the old Fort Wilderness Railroad, as well as to expand River Country and retheme it to a logging camp.

    That's all I remember offhand.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  4. #4

    • Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Live in the Uk, born in California
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Fort Wilderness Junction

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I believe this was part of the Disney Decade, or around that timeframe. Trying to connect Fort Wilderness to the Wilderness Lodge. As far as I remember, there were also plans to ressurect the old Fort Wilderness Railroad, as well as to expand River Country and retheme it to a logging camp.

    That's all I remember offhand.
    This is one of my favorite Disney non park projects that never got off the ground (I wish it did).

    The plan was to rebuild the railway at Ft Wilderness and take it across to Wilderness Lodge (as a part of the back story in the WL Villas). Buffalo Junction was going to be a Moderate resort half way between the two. It was to be a railway town, and have a look and feel of the Cheyenne at DLP. But that wasn't the only thing due to come over from DLP. The wonderful Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show was also going to come to WDW and live at Buffalo Junction. This was during the Disney decade, but between the downturn of 9/11, the arrival of the Dixie Stampede care of miss Parton, and a push on the DVC, this project died. A crying shame!
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!





  5. #5

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,478

    Re: Fort Wilderness Junction

    Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    This is one of my favorite Disney non park projects that never got off the ground (I wish it did).

    The plan was to rebuild the railway at Ft Wilderness and take it across to Wilderness Lodge (as a part of the back story in the WL Villas). Buffalo Junction was going to be a Moderate resort half way between the two. It was to be a railway town, and have a look and feel of the Cheyenne at DLP. But that wasn't the only thing due to come over from DLP. The wonderful Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show was also going to come to WDW and live at Buffalo Junction. This was during the Disney decade, but between the downturn of 9/11, the arrival of the Dixie Stampede care of miss Parton, and a push on the DVC, this project died. A crying shame!
    Another moderate resort? I'm glad this got flushed.

  6. #6

    • Sailing Away
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nelson Co, VA
    Posts
    1,103

    Re: Fort Wilderness Junction

    Wow, I had never heard of this. Thanks for the info, guys.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

  7. #7

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.
    Posts
    360

    Re: Fort Wilderness Junction

    As nice as Dixie Stampede is, it can't hold a candle to Buffalo Bill's Wild West. Amazing show, and the lighting is spectacular.

  8. #8

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2

    Re: Fort Wilderness Junction

    Does anybody know where I can find pictures of Fort Wilderness Junction? Anyone?

  9. #9

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: Fort Wilderness Junction

    This was a nice idea, but would have been awful in execution because it would have taken all the wilderness away from the WL and FW area ...

    I believe the only artwork is in a book from Peter Dominick's firm.

  10. #10

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,478

    Re: Fort Wilderness Junction

    Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    it would have taken all the wilderness away from the WL and FW area ...
    Yes, a very bad thing. The DVC WL Villas are bad enough.

Similar Threads

  1. Fort Wilderness=Fort Far West?
    By ExCandyMaker in forum Yesterland
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 09:11 AM
  2. Fort Wilderness New Years
    By tungpo1 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 07:06 AM
  3. R.I.P. Fort Wilderness
    By CostaFreak in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 05:20 PM
  4. 5/16: Fort Wilderness Demolition
    By Al Lutz in forum MiceAge Discussions
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 08:29 AM
  5. Fort Wilderness to Reopen?
    By Titanfreak46 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2007, 12:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •