Fort Wilderness Junction

Does anybody know about the proposed Fort Wilderness Junction Resort was going to be like? I only know it was going to be like the Hotel Cheyenne at Disneyland Paris, but that's all I know. What was the deal with the proposed Wild West Town and Buffalo Junction? And does anybody have pictures of what Fort Wildnerness Junction would look like? I heard that Kennesaw Tom from Laughing Place Forums has a book that has pictures of what the resort was supposed to be like, but he didn't scan them. Can everybody please help me out?

• Banned User

Re: Fort Wilderness Junction

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
    Does anybody know about the proposed Fort Wilderness Junction Resort was going to be like? I only know it was going to be like the Hotel Cheyenne at Disneyland Paris, but that's all I know. What was the deal with the proposed Wild West Town and Buffalo Junction? And does anybody have pictures of what Fort Wildnerness Junction would look like? I heard that Kennesaw Tom from Laughing Place Forums has a book that has pictures of what the resort was supposed to be like, but he didn't scan them. Can everybody please help me out?
    I've actually never heard of this project, when was this?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I believe this was part of the Disney Decade, or around that timeframe. Trying to connect Fort Wilderness to the Wilderness Lodge. As far as I remember, there were also plans to ressurect the old Fort Wilderness Railroad, as well as to expand River Country and retheme it to a logging camp.

That's all I remember offhand.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I believe this was part of the Disney Decade, or around that timeframe. Trying to connect Fort Wilderness to the Wilderness Lodge. As far as I remember, there were also plans to ressurect the old Fort Wilderness Railroad, as well as to expand River Country and retheme it to a logging camp.

That's all I remember offhand.
    This is one of my favorite Disney non park projects that never got off the ground (I wish it did).

The plan was to rebuild the railway at Ft Wilderness and take it across to Wilderness Lodge (as a part of the back story in the WL Villas). Buffalo Junction was going to be a Moderate resort half way between the two. It was to be a railway town, and have a look and feel of the Cheyenne at DLP. But that wasn't the only thing due to come over from DLP. The wonderful Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show was also going to come to WDW and live at Buffalo Junction. This was during the Disney decade, but between the downturn of 9/11, the arrival of the Dixie Stampede care of miss Parton, and a push on the DVC, this project died. A crying shame!
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    This is one of my favorite Disney non park projects that never got off the ground (I wish it did).

The plan was to rebuild the railway at Ft Wilderness and take it across to Wilderness Lodge (as a part of the back story in the WL Villas). Buffalo Junction was going to be a Moderate resort half way between the two. It was to be a railway town, and have a look and feel of the Cheyenne at DLP. But that wasn't the only thing due to come over from DLP. The wonderful Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show was also going to come to WDW and live at Buffalo Junction. This was during the Disney decade, but between the downturn of 9/11, the arrival of the Dixie Stampede care of miss Parton, and a push on the DVC, this project died. A crying shame!
    Another moderate resort? I'm glad this got flushed.

• Sailing Away

Wow, I had never heard of this. Thanks for the info, guys.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

As nice as Dixie Stampede is, it can't hold a candle to Buffalo Bill's Wild West. Amazing show, and the lighting is spectacular.

Does anybody know where I can find pictures of Fort Wilderness Junction? Anyone?

This was a nice idea, but would have been awful in execution because it would have taken all the wilderness away from the WL and FW area ...

I believe the only artwork is in a book from Peter Dominick's firm.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    it would have taken all the wilderness away from the WL and FW area ...
    Yes, a very bad thing. The DVC WL Villas are bad enough.