Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49
  1. #31

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.
    Posts
    360

    Re: Double the Illuminations, Double the Fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Hoop-dee-doo.... what fun is there to be had if the second show will only be available to EMH guests on property? Personally, I think it's a stupid idea but that's just me.
    The show is for everyone. Disney doesn't kick guests out for EMH if they are not staying at a Disney-owned resort. You just can't ride the rides, but you can shop, eat, drink, and take all the photos you'd like. It's not like the Christmas or Halloween parties.

  2. #32

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Double the Illuminations, Double the Fun!

    You can't ride the rides...eh? So what's the big deal about that? Not being able to ride the rides is the very same reason why EMH should be cancelled altogether. If they want to maintain the park opened, it should be opened TOTALLY FOR ALL guests, not just the few who pay to stay on the property. I hate it when Disney does these "dual-class" procedures in their parks... reason why FP should also be eliminated.

  3. #33

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.
    Posts
    360

    Re: Double the Illuminations, Double the Fun!

    If you want a real dual-class park, head down the road to Universal. I hear they have some lovely perks depending on how much you pay.

  4. #34

    • Ardent WDW Enthusiast
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toledo, OH
    Posts
    177

    Re: Double the Illuminations, Double the Fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Hoop-dee-doo.... what fun is there to be had if the second show will only be available to EMH guests on property? Personally, I think it's a stupid idea but that's just me.
    How about the arguement that most EMH people will forgo the early show to ride more rides thus giving you less crowds (and thus an easier time finding a good spot) for the first show?

  5. #35

    • Beware of Mutant Mickey!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Reedy Creek Improvement District, Fl
    Posts
    118

    Re: Double the Illuminations, Double the Fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nigel Channing View Post
    If you want a real dual-class park, head down the road to Universal. I hear they have some lovely perks depending on how much you pay.
    Thank you! I hate fastpass, but if they had the $30 for all you can fastpass like Universal, ouch!

    But back on topic, I think lots of non resort guests could make use of this. It's easy, at 8:59 pm, jump in that long line you've been avoiding all day (120 minute Soarin' or 110 minute Test Track, anyone?) by the time thats done, it's time to find a spot for the second Illuminations. Do this or shopping and you get to ride everything and see illuminations without wasting hours of midday ride time.


    Best hold on to Your Hats and Glasses, 'cause this heres the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!



  6. #36

    • Ardent WDW Enthusiast
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toledo, OH
    Posts
    177

    Re: Double the Illuminations, Double the Fun!

    ^or stay on site at UO and get unlimited access to the express lines all day long. Its quite a fun experience, doing 30+ rides in a day and a great way to go from novice, to proficient, to good, to "suit worthy" good on MIB .
    Last edited by Touchdown; 04-03-2007 at 02:15 AM.

  7. #37

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: Double the Illuminations, Double the Fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    You can't ride the rides...eh? So what's the big deal about that? Not being able to ride the rides is the very same reason why EMH should be cancelled altogether. If they want to maintain the park opened, it should be opened TOTALLY FOR ALL guests, not just the few who pay to stay on the property. I hate it when Disney does these "dual-class" procedures in their parks... reason why FP should also be eliminated.
    Sorry, but this is where I have to disagree with you.

    As somebody who doesn't have the luxury of going to the parks for the day and then staying at home every night. Someone who is spending their hard-earned vacation money to ensure that we are on-property, and therefore are able to get EMH. Why should I not be entitled to get some extra perks for my extra money that I spend???

    Plus, EMH is a HUGE insentive to stay on property.

    Like was said above, they don't kick people out for EMH, being able to see a less-crowded Illuminations is worth hanging around world showcase and taking in the night sights IMO.


  8. #38

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Double the Illuminations, Double the Fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nigel Channing View Post
    If you want a real dual-class park, head down the road to Universal. I hear they have some lovely perks depending on how much you pay.
    I disagree Mr. Channing. Paying for the benefit is buying the right to do so, and personally, I do not concider it being "dual-class" but business savy.. I would love for Disney to start charging extra $$$ for FP and EMH...the idiots don't realize how much dough they could be making on top of the inflated prices the already charge.
    I believe UNiversal is doing the right thing. They stole Disney's idea and made it work to their advantage. You want more fun? You want to get to the front of the line?... It's going to cost you...
    BRILLIANT move by Universal.

  9. #39

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Double the Illuminations, Double the Fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Sorry, but this is where I have to disagree with you.

    As somebody who doesn't have the luxury of going to the parks for the day and then staying at home every night. Someone who is spending their hard-earned vacation money to ensure that we are on-property, and therefore are able to get EMH. Why should I not be entitled to get some extra perks for my extra money that I spend???
    Sorry Clinks, but I too have to disgree with you. You can find much more expensive HoJos and Comfort Inns in Orlando than the money some folks are paying at some WDW hotels... so I don't think people are spending that much to stay on property anymore, or at least.. paying what they should for the opportunity to do so.. If the minimun going price at a Disney hotel was $300 a night, then I can agree with perks such as EMH, but Disney has a million hotel rooms to fill... reason why they resort's hotel division is so highly discounted, and the reason why I fume over EMH. Simply not something Disney should be doing just because. I also question how many on-property guests even know about EMH before they arrive at their hotel.

  10. #40

    • Ardent WDW Enthusiast
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toledo, OH
    Posts
    177

    Re: Double the Illuminations, Double the Fun!

    ^Then why is it that when they canceled EMH right after 9/11 that besides losing customers due to the tragedy, Disney lost the "percentage battle" (ie a smaller percentage of people going through the gate were on site guests) and when EMH returned the percent returned to normal?

    I realize that it stinks for all you locals, but for those of us that come from far away if EMH was taken out I would seriously consider taking my hotel business elsewhere, and history shows that I'm in the majority when it comes to that. Ergo, EMH is a necessary marketing tool to pack the hotels.

  11. #41

    • Shubisha
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Posts
    3,957

    Re: Double the Illuminations, Double the Fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I disagree Mr. Channing. Paying for the benefit is buying the right to do so, and personally, I do not concider it being "dual-class" but business savy.. I would love for Disney to start charging extra $$$ for FP and EMH...the idiots don't realize how much dough they could be making on top of the inflated prices the already charge.
    I believe UNiversal is doing the right thing. They stole Disney's idea and made it work to their advantage. You want more fun? You want to get to the front of the line?... It's going to cost you...
    BRILLIANT move by Universal.
    Umm that is the definition of dual class parks... some guests are better than others. You want to have a better park experience? well your general admission isn't going to cut it you're going to have to get into a higher pay rank. oh, you're paying extra to stay at one of our upper tier hotels? here's an unlimited fastpass so you don't have to wait in line behind the peons.


    EMH for resort guests on its own I don't mind because they only do 1 park per day and any resort guest can schedule around that with the other 3 parks. During peak season especially when the other parks are open late, it isn't even noticable because you can go to MGM for a 2nd fantasmic or MK for a 2nd spectro or whatever you'd like from the 3 parks not doing EMH that day.

    It's really quite empty though. That 2nd fantasmic and spectro can be a ghost town sometimes, and others it gets mildly attended. A 2nd illuminations, while cool, seems like a waste of money just because there'll hardly be anyone there for it many of the days.

  12. #42

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,650

    Re: Double the Illuminations, Double the Fun!

    I think the point is to draw people BACK to EPCOT for the late night.. just like people will schedule MK for the end of the night because they know its open late and for Wishes.

    EPCOT has the problem that it can't draw people in for the 'last round' after they do other parks for the day.. or to keep people there late during EMH. Obviously this is an experiment to see if they can break that trend.

    They need to offload some of the late night crowd off MK... because its the only one with late night hours AND attractions.. MGM being close behind

  13. #43

    • Why can't you tune a fish
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NE New Jersey - Yeah thats the place
    Posts
    2,338

    Re: Double the Illuminations, Double the Fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Umm that is the definition of dual class parks... some guests are better than others. You want to have a better park experience? well your general admission isn't going to cut it you're going to have to get into a higher pay rank. oh, you're paying extra to stay at one of our upper tier hotels? here's an unlimited fastpass so you don't have to wait in line behind the peons.
    And to make matters worse, you are making the peons wait longer.

    I don't have a problem if you want to pay extra money and have access to something I would not have access to. A lounge or concerige service, or *shocking* extra time before or after the normal park close.

    Its when you pay extra to get in line faster, and in doing so make me wait LONGER that it get me upset.

    I used to go to Great Adventure quite a bit, but once they started that crap, I really have no desire to go.

    And fastpass is different. Its free, everyone has the same opportunity to get a fast pass, nobody is excluded.

    -dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

  14. #44

    • Attn. Space Travelers....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Behind Door #26 in the Mountain
    Posts
    1,395

    Re: Double the Illuminations, Double the Fun!

    i hate when people in the stand by line at Space get mad that we let so many fastpasses in....i always have to explain to them that they had the same opportunity to get a fastpass FOR FREE and get on the ride faster too...

    I really dont know what to think about charging for fastpass....i somewhat like the idea that it would become somewhat more exclusive (as a cast member having to deal with these people all day), but i hate the idea of being charged money for something like that....its a good idea to have it free, but they need to make improvements so they dont sell so many for certain times....
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!


    Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

  15. #45

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lake Buena Vista Florida
    Posts
    682

    Re: Double the Illuminations, Double the Fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    The report is true.



    Actually, 2 shows cannot be loaded at one time. There are only 750 launchers in the 34 locations and the entire show must be reloaded in a short time.
    My roomate works in fireworks at Disney and works on Illuminations, and yes it can be done. It has been done before and tested.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Has Anyone Bought Double Tickets to Double Up on FastPasses?
    By Fukai in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 04:08 PM
  2. Double The Loser, Double The Fun!
    By Chernabog in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 10:08 AM
  3. Double Double LOSERLMNOP
    By dsnylndmom in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-30-2006, 09:50 PM
  4. Double the Pleasure, Double the Fun...Double the LOSER!!!
    By MissChristine in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-18-2006, 06:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •