• Sock Puppet

Did IOA "beat" MK on GayDays??

I heard from my CM friends who went to MK that MK was LESS crowded than it has been past Gay Day Saturdays, which led many to beleive most went to IOA. He also said IOA DID have a banner saying something akin to "Welcome to GayDays/Gays/" something along those lines. Can anyone confirm that more ppl went to IOA than MK on Sat.?

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

After tossing the idea back and forth with the group of friends I was on vacation with last week, we decided to stick to what we felt has become a tradition and go to Magic Kingdom last Saturday for GayDay.

Attendance in the park was down quite a bit, I didn't think it was from the gay crowd. The day was quite rainy, but the park was teeming with men and women wearing red. From my point of view it looked like perhaps locals and daytrippers stayed away due to the weather.

As for Islands of Adventure, I have a friend who went who was extremely disappointed with the turnout there. He and his friends had a lot of fun, but that was due mostly to the fact that IOA is a fun park. From what he told me, it sounded like the day was kind of a "bust" as far as GayDay went...kind of like going to any of the Disney parks during the weekend of GayDay where it's obvious that gay people are there, but they certainly are not in the majority.

• A Real Disney Attraction

Quote Originally Posted by ron10036
    Attendance in the park was down quite a bit, I didn't think it was from the gay crowd. The day was quite rainy, but the park was teeming with men and women wearing red. From my point of view it looked like perhaps locals and daytrippers stayed away due to the weather.
    First, so you don't take this the wrong way at all, let me say that if I was in Florida on that Saturday with a free ticket the MK would be the first place I head. ------ BUT ---------

Perhaps, on top of whatever the weather was, that Gaydays is such an established, known, event, that more and more people are simply avoiding that weekend?

That would be my guess towards why there were historically, lower crowds.
    -Mike

• Official Mice Chat person

What is IOA? sorry, just have no idea

• Newbie.

Islands Of Adventure
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• A Real Disney Attraction

Islands of Adventure. A second park that was built next door to Universal Studios Florida. It was built by Universal during their expansion which also included an entertainment/dining district called CityWalk, as well as 3 hotels, ranging from premium to moderate.
    -Mike

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiMike
    First, so you don't take this the wrong way at all, let me say that if I was in Florida on that Saturday with a free ticket the MK would be the first place I head. ------ BUT ---------

Perhaps, on top of whatever the weather was, that Gaydays is such an established, known, event, that more and more people are simply avoiding that weekend?

That would be my guess towards why there were historically, lower crowds.
    I think it's probably going to be hard to tell why the crowds were light. Some will say weather, some will say gays. And I'm sure many will have questionable motives for choosing either.

I'm just glad that everyone had a good time.
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!