Connection to Phantom Manor in WDW?

Hey Chatters,

As some of you may know, there is a different version of the Haunted Mansion in DL Paris known as Phantom Manor, following the story of a ill-fated bride.

Anyhoo, on my trip over Spring Break I noticed a certain shooting arcade in frontierland resembled some aspects of the "scary" ride. Not only is it a western-styled cemetary (Much like PM is itself), but it shares the name of the gravesite in Paris "Boot Hill". Coincidence? Well (even though it's not viewable in the pic below) the Mt.'s in the background have a remarkable appearance of our beloved Big Thunder, which was onced owned by the "father of the bride" for minning purposes and takes a slight role in the ride's turn through a "ghost town".

Here's a blurry pic:

Tell me if you agree or you think I'm just a little too Haunted Mansion obsessed...

• Banned User

Re: Connection to Phantom Manor in WDW?

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter13 View Post
    Hey Chatters,

As some of you may know, there is a different version of the Haunted Mansion in DL Paris known as Phantom Manor, following the story of a ill-fated bride.

Anyhoo, on my trip over Spring Break I noticed a certain shooting arcade in frontierland resembled some aspects of the "scary" ride. Not only is it a western-styled cemetary (Much like PM is itself), but it shares the name of the gravesite in Paris "Boot Hill". Coincidence? Well (even though it's not viewable in the pic below) the Mt.'s in the background have a remarkable appearance of our beloved Big Thunder, which was onced owned by the "father of the bride" for minning purposes and takes a slight role in the ride's turn through a "ghost town".

Here's a blurry pic:

Tell me if you agree or you think I'm just a little too Haunted Mansion obsessed...
    No, I don't really think there is a connection. "Boot Hill" was around long before Disney figured it in to PM and so have painted vistas of the Bryce Canyone style spires.

• She was sweet as a peach

Re: Connection to Phantom Manor in WDW?

You are just a little too Haunted Mansion obsessed!
    But I am too so I do understand where you are coming from. Maybe the shooting arcade played a small (tiny miniscule) part in the design of Phantom Manor and the surrounding area.