Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Where Schemes Come True!

More declining by degrees..

I visit another Disney site and they had an update that the resort hotels are replacing their report specific refillable mugs with generic resort refillable mugs. These hotel specific mugs are my wife's favorite souvenir from our trips to WDW and now because of the marginalization of the souvenirs it seems like nothing is sacred and she's really bummed about it.

--Mr. DB
    Last edited by DiRTyBuNNy; 04-04-2007 at 12:25 PM.
    Many Bothans died to bring MiceChat this information.

I'm a Disney fan in Dollywood land!

• Circle of Ancients

Re: More declining by degrees..

Not so sure that's a declining by degrees. I do agree the resort-specific cups are cool, but this could end up costing WDW money. What would stop people from getting a cup at one resort and using it at the food courts at all resorts?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Not so sure that's a declining by degrees. I do agree the resort-specific cups are cool, but this could end up costing WDW money. What would stop people from getting a cup at one resort and using it at the food courts at all resorts?
    Maybe that's why they are going to one generic cup? To allow guests access to the food court soda machines at every resort. Sounds like a great marketing plan to me.

I do agree that I will miss the individual resort mugs but this sounds like an incline to me more than a decline.

Assuming of course that they intend to open all the resorts to anyone caring the mugs.

Blog Entries

I agree. I will be very bummed if we just get a generic where dreams come true mug or some crap like that. I love collecting the mugs from each individual resort.

• Where Schemes Come True!

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    I agree. I will be very bummed if we just get a generic where dreams come true mug or some crap like that. I love collecting the mugs from each individual resort.
    Yes, it seems like they are boring generic "Where Schemes..eer..Dreams Come True" mugs.. <clicky clicky>

--Mr. DB
    Many Bothans died to bring MiceChat this information.

I'm a Disney fan in Dollywood land!

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Maybe that's why they are going to one generic cup? To allow guests access to the food court soda machines at every resort. Sounds like a great marketing plan to me.

I do agree that I will miss the individual resort mugs but this sounds like an incline to me more than a decline.

Assuming of course that they intend to open all the resorts to anyone caring the mugs.

I would guess that is the case, seeing as people do it anyway. I have seen people using either the wrong cup, or a cup that is most assuredly from ages ago and nothing was said.

Soda is cheap, and the money must work out better to have a single generic mug.

Me personaly, I forgo the mugs. Its too much "work" to go and get them from the room, bring them to the food court, and then either bring them back or drag them around with you.

I guess if you are one of the "backpack people" it's OK, but they are not for me.

I don't drink much soda anyway, and water is free. I do like coffee, but I have yet to find any served on WDW property - just hot brown stuff. (man, thats a straight line if I ever saw one)

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Circle of Ancients

We don't use the cups in the parks, or at other resorts.

But let me tell you, being able to get up in the morning, with the mugs, walk over get some free coffee was GREAT!!! We are staying at the Carribbean again in May/June. Not sure if we will take the same cups or get new ones. Probably new ones though.

•   
    • Senior Minion

As long as they don't say "Disney Parks" I'm good.

• Minion

F* the cup. Pour some in my hands for a dime!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I bring mine to all of the resorts, all of the time.

• Main Street with a friend

I won't buy one because it isn't unique to a particular resort. That was half the fun of having those. Besides, how many people hop from hotel food court to hotel food court to get free soda?
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sealsm View Post
    I won't buy one because it isn't unique to a particular resort. That was half the fun of having those. Besides, how many people hop from hotel food court to hotel food court to get free soda?
    I hear they calibrate the fountains at the more expensive resorts more frequently than the cheaper ones. Nothing beats a good solid half day traveling around Walt Disney World comparing the water-syrup ratio of Coca-Cola between food courts.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

huh. doesn't matter to me.....I haven't decided if it's worth the trouble to ge one yet....

• The one, the only...

I loved my mugs I have from the different resorts. It was a great deal, all the drinks you can drink and a souvenir too! But the current Disney management has been trying to squeeze out every dime they can so that the multi-million dollar bonuses can continue.

I hope that they don't get rid of all the resort specific stuff that is offered.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

This might explain the new cups. WDW knows that guests want to use the refill mugs everywhere they can. Also with the staffing problems especially at food locations they are starting to install soda machines around the theme parks like they have at the resorts. The Electric Umbrella just reopened at Epcot and they took away the fresh veggie bar for Burgers and also installed the new self serve soda machines. That means less CM behind the counter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast