View Poll Results: Do you despise Universal Studios?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!!! WITH ALL MY HEART!!

10 22.22%
  • No....its not Disney, but its OK with me

35 77.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Attn. Space Travelers....

Question Disney Service vs. Universal

so, my Fiancee and I went to Universal today...just for the heck of it (since we won free tickets) and we were absolutely disgusted with the service in so many ways (from terrible team member attitudes to unknowledgable staff).

This leads me to my question for discussion:

How many of us here despise Universal and why?? How do you feel about Disney's "guest service" vs. Universal's "customer service" ??
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• Banned User

Re: Disney Service vs. Universal

I don't know for sure. Disney's cast just seems happier to me.

• white and nerdy

Hmmm... I've been to both dozens of times and, I gotta say, the service is both places are about the same for me. I have great experiences at both places with employees, and a few bad ones as well, but not to the extent of ruining my experience.

As a matter of fact, I like the way characters are done at Universal. Walking down the street and having Doc Brown ride by on a bike saying hello to me is pretty cool.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Nope, not a bit of flame bait here...

• Drunk On Disney!

I don't dispise it but I went there for 1 and a half days and it boring real quik. This holywood I am talking about.

• I was deleted.

I won't vote because this poll shows results. I don't despise Universal but I haven't exactly had the best experiences with them on several occasions. However, I did enjoy that they created Curious George and that I got to see part of that film being created. But then again they have or are in the process of removing my two favorite attractions at their US theme parks - Back to the Future and E.T., so they've left me without any major desire to visit their parks in the near future. Universal's theme parks also have a number attractions, shows, and their fireworks show that run "seasonally" while they still operate the full calendar year? That doesn't seem to make sense to me.

I try to remain optimistic so on my next visit to Universal, whenever it might be, I will try to look at that experience with an open mind - but I think we can only take so many strikes. So I guess what I'm saying is that both have problems and guest service issues, but I've had more strikes on the Universal side than the Disney side.

I actually made a post about unfair treatment at Dueling Dragons on another message board and somehow the supervisor of DD saw my post and the next day it was pinned to a bulletin board in the breakroom.

The person I spoke to told me that my post caused quite a problem in Attractions. The supervisor was really angry at the staff.

Actually the last time i went to Universal i was totally shocked by the lack of the Cast Quality or Team Members Quality whatever .

There was one Team Members at Mummy who was very rude with the guests by grouping the visitors to their rows and she screamed very loud and bla bla . I know that the role of a Team Member at Mummy have you be a little bit mad but not like R U D E .

However we also had a lunch at Universal Studios . i had Pizza and a Garlic Bread and the Pizza was hum hum ok but they would do better .

For me there is no More Guest Quality at Universal Studios Florida and that's why i prefer even if they have one park only Universal Studios Hollywood . Their Ride Quality are well maintain and their employees are not better but they makes me want to go back there .

If someone from Universal Orlando read this board they should bring the quality back to Universal or IOA because paying $60 or more for that hum i preffer to go to Sea World for $68 and have good quality things like Kraken or their SHows .
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Fastest Man Alive

I don't despise Universal, but one thing is certain. Their customer service skills are nowhere near Disney's (at least USH, can't speak for their Orlando operation) . I've been Disneyland a ton of times like many others here, so I've of course become critical of Disney's "famed" customer service skills. And recently I made some trips back to USH, the last time being their when I was a child I had no real memories. Given that Universal is the #2 Theme Park operator in the world (attendancewise Six Flags still is, but they are sliding fast. Universal is gaining ground at least) and has some real E-Ticket quality attractions, I was expecting a similar employee quality as well.
    I was wrong. The average employee was 'decent' however there were several instances of employees putting up almost hostile attitudes and doing the absolute bare minimum. Folk's claim the Disney CMs have fallen from their Golden Age, that may be the case (I wasn't around to see the old days) so I can tell you this. They haven't fallen so far that still are not still superior to the competition.

On a side note. I've found SeaWorld's employees to be quite pleasant. Six Flags Employees? nuff' said.

• "There's always my way"

Disney has always put itself towards the premier customer service. They treat you as their guest and always makes you feel welcomed. I can't remember the last time I was not greeted by a cast member upon entering the parks. THey even wave goodbye with those mickey mouse gloves on the way out of the parks. I have a picture of that which I will be adding to the forum soon. Universal needs many pointers with this. They are missing the customer service aspect of things. You will find that occasional cast member that would at least acknowledge you. At Disney, you always see people smiling all over the park, something that is missing at Universal. Like I said you will always encounter that one person that will say hi to you and smile. This could at times be seen upon entering the parking garages when greeted by the person working at the booth. Either way, I still enjoy visiting Universal Orlando Resort occasionally regardless of that flaw because you could at least find those individuals around that would say just a simple hello or acknowledge you for the least. But you have to hand it over to Disney in the customer service and interaction criteria.

• Circle of Ancients

I've had good and bad experiences at both.

When we all went to Universal last year we had spectacular service. From the ride operators, to characters and especially our service we recieved at Mythos.

But that same night we all got TERRIBLE service at 'Ohana.

To be honest, I've gotten more bad service at USH than at USF. I was VERY impressed with the employees there.

It could also be because you went in a busy period and we were there when it wasn't busy.

Blog Entries

I go to both parks regularly and as far as cast member knowledge and attitude, it's absolutely the same at both parks. I have often found that those who come out saying things like how disgusted they were at certain things went there looking for them, and while at Disney they overlook them. I have friends who like this and when I point out the same things at Disney that they complain about so vehemently at Universal they just can't see it because they won't let themselves see it.

Universal isn't quite as immersive of a park as the Disney parks are, but it's close, especially at IOA. The employees however are coming from the same exact same pool of people, and for the most part treat the guests with the same common respect and pride in their jobs at both resorts. I've been to Universal 5 times over the past year as well as Disney several times and I have never, except for once, noticed a major cast member problem and it came from security when I did.

• Disney Dreams

Well, having been to both - I'd say about the same.

I don't despise Universal, considering that Islands of Adventure is there, where I have wonderful memories with my father, who commented that it had been the best day of his life. And not too long ago, I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, and the service was horrible. At Univeral Studios/Islands of Adventure, there is just a different atmosphere - the service to me is about the same - maybe the Disney CMs are nicer? Or cheerier? but not by much - I love them both for different reasons!

• Attn. Space Travelers....

hmmm....i didnt expect many people to say that Disney and Universal were the same....oh well...i dont blame you - i asked for opinions lol

Forgive me, perhaps im just bitter at Universal....and since i am a cast member, i hold my team to a higher standard.

I personally go above and beyond at work, but i guess i forget that not everyone is like me....sadly lol
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• Quality not quantity

Seriously, if you want to post a USH bashing thread that's your choice but to add the theatrics of a ridiculously worded "poll" is, in my opinion, rather insulting.

If you want to take that route you should consider a career in political polling rather than theme park reviews.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast