View Poll Results: Have your ridden Epcot's new Gran Fiesta Tour at Epcot's Mexican pavilion?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • ***** - Fantastic

6 17.14%
  • **** - Good

17 48.57%
  • *** - Average

3 8.57%
  • ** - OK

4 11.43%
  • * - Poor

5 14.29%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Gran Fiesta Tour Now Open - Your Thoughts and Reviews! (Merged)

They cold have just turned out all the lights in the original and make it a dark "mystery boat ride through Mexico (or IS it?)" and it would have been an amazing improvement. This looks pretty unimaginative, especially without any AAs, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Hopefully they will get around to building some attractions for other Pavilions. There's just nothing to do around World Showcase, and it's SUCH a cool concept.

• MiceAge Columnist

I'm starting to gird myself for tomorrow, when my review of the ride goes up. I'm way more positive about it than a lot of you are.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• Pilot EdForceOne

I don't like this mentality that 'no AA = bad'. Film and projections used properly can be awesome. You don't need a AA specifically to be 'good' or not.

Plenty of attractions based on AAs that people don't like either (like Stitch).

Just the application of film as the only real kenetic part of the attraction is such a stale way of doing things I think (kicks back to the old 'if you had wings', etc which were put out to pasture long ago for good reason).

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Grand Fiesta Tour Attraction Video

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    I'd rather see the original that is actually about Mexico than some stupid Donald Duck cartoon.
    The original was about Mexico????

REALLY!?!?!?

I didn't get that impression at all. I for one am excited about the changes.

• "There's always my way"

Looks like a lot of you have really liked the attraction. The original ride was getting old. I'm going to see it if I go again to Orlando this May. That's the one thing I'm enjoying about these annual passes. You could plan to see the park whenever something new comes around.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• Fastpass Hater

After viewing the video, the new ride looks like a breath of fresh air. It wasn't an E ticket and wasn't going to be turned into one, but it was way overdue for an update. Is the swim-up bar gone?

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingWicked451 View Post
    They cold have just turned out all the lights in the original and make it a dark "mystery boat ride through Mexico (or IS it?)" and it would have been an amazing improvement. This looks pretty unimaginative, especially without any AAs, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Hopefully they will get around to building some attractions for other Pavilions. There's just nothing to do around World Showcase, and it's SUCH a cool concept.

There is so much to do around WS, it just takes a little effort. From performers, to demonstrations, to just talking with people who come from the represented countries.

I would rather see them use the money to bring in more countries and host more shows than to shoehorn in some more rides on a track.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    if the old ride was your second favorite ride.. I certain think you were in the minority. This ride has never been popular.

I think most of the time people tried to find something nice to say.. rather then saying nothing at all.
    I don't mind being in the minority. When I first went to WDW when I was about 10 years old, this ride just made me beyond happy. I enjoyed the atmopshere of the Mexcio Pavilion and felt that the original ride was perfect for the overall themeing of this building. At ten years old I wanted to ride this ride a few good times before moving onto the next pavilion.

Now I can almost miss this attraction without regret.

And it's now just like that Finding Nemo clam ride with way too many TV Screens, both are easily unclassic now.

I mean why don't they just update the rides themselves without freakin' adding a movie tie in theme? Just update the ride. Tweak it. Make the fireworks draw dropping. Make the carousel brand new. Update the small world part in the ride with new scenes. Etc Etc Etc.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Grand Fiesta Tour Attraction Video

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    The original was about Mexico????

REALLY!?!?!?

I didn't get that impression at all. I for one am excited about the changes.
    Really... you must be joking! If you didn't see some kind of impression from Mexcio's history than one has to ask "Do I need another education in the textbook of Mexcio's past".

You'll probably answer no but I believe your comment was extreme and a bit dramatic response to someone who viewed it as a ride about Mexico.

I mean... really?

Thumbs up Re: Gran Fiesta Tour Now Open - Your Thoughts and Reviews! (Merged)

Here's a video that I found on YouTube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cymfShhs9mY

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• Banned User

to me el rio de tiempo was a joke and made the mexican people look bad. especially in the bazaar scene. plus it was mostly a travelogue( and bad one at that.) not a history lesson of the people. now it's a travelogue and with the help of donald and the boys, a fun way for people to see the best parts of mexico and possibly bring people back to the country to do more than just party and drink.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    especially in the bazaar scene.
    Tell me what wasn't true about that scene?

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    to me el rio de tiempo was a joke and made the mexican people look bad. especially in the bazaar scene. plus it was mostly a travelogue( and bad one at that.) not a history lesson of the people. now it's a travelogue and with the help of donald and the boys, a fun way for people to see the best parts of mexico and possibly bring people back to the country to do more than just party and drink.
    Hey! Someone's been reading my article, and as I write this, it's not up yet this morning!!
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Arrow Re: Gran Fiesta Tour Now Open - Your Thoughts and Reviews! (Merged)

TDLFan has offered a good review of the Fiesta Tour, please check out the review here:
    TDLFan Reviews "Fiesta Tour"

Does anybody know if the three caballeros topiaries are permanent for the attraction or is it just for the Flower and Garden festival?
    Last edited by EPCOT1982; 04-10-2007 at 06:15 PM. Reason: adding a question

• and too all a good fright

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I don't mind being in the minority. When I first went to WDW when I was about 10 years old, this ride just made me beyond happy. I enjoyed the atmopshere of the Mexcio Pavilion and felt that the original ride was perfect for the overall themeing of this building. At ten years old I wanted to ride this ride a few good times before moving onto the next pavilion.

Now I can almost miss this attraction without regret.

And it's now just like that Finding Nemo clam ride with way too many TV Screens, both are easily unclassic now.

I mean why don't they just update the rides themselves without freakin' adding a movie tie in theme? Just update the ride. Tweak it. Make the fireworks draw dropping. Make the carousel brand new. Update the small world part in the ride with new scenes. Etc Etc Etc.
    This was also one of my favorites. Mainly because of loving this ride as a kid. Did it need an update? Yes. Was this the appropriate update? Not in my opinion. What I liked so much about the old ride was largely atmospheric. The 3 Cabelleros overlay adds a manic touch, that while fun, definitely detracts from that old atmosphere.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast