Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WDW Locals or Florida Resident on Micechat ?

HI

i'm asking this question since a while now . Does 85% of Micechat are from California or Southern California .

I wonder is there of some Floridians Micechatters here or WDW Locals . If yes no one seems interested to meet each other at the World . I know Disneyland is a fantastic place to share memories with all the locals and everything but why not at WDW .
    HKDL : Done !!!

• This space for rent

Re: WDW Locals or Florida Resident on Micechat ?

I'm interested in eventually meeting some of the locals, just right now don't have an AP.

• Banned User

Bopazot... don't your realize you have been meeting some of us local WDW people at DLP lately???

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm a local but I don't have an AP anymore. I just got a few times a year now (makes the trips more special by breaking them up... going every weekend when I had my AP was overkill for me).

I live in Jacksonville which is about 2 hr 30min from the resort. I just moved here though so I am in tourist mode with my family experiencing everything for the first time like the Flower Garden Festival in May, Star Wars Weekends in June, Pirate and Princess in August. My calendar is quickly filling up. There are groups out there like Micechat though that have meets and such: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/ has a very active WDW online community.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Actually, we have almost as many registered members from the South East of the US as we do in the South West. However, for whatever reason, the people from the Disneyland area are just a bit more socially active.

We have discussed this in the past. It seems that it is much easier to swing by the Disneyland resort for a Sunday meet than it is to do the same in Florida. If we have enough locals who want to regularly meet, perhaps we can change all that. I'd suggest once a month meets to get started. Perhaps the 3rd Saturday or Sunday of each month.

Whatever you all decide, I'll be happy to help you promote your meet.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Dustysage is right. Disneyland is set up way different than WDW. Not saying one is better than the other but DL is a lot smaller and therefore meeting up with people is a lot easier.

I work about 15 minutes away, so oftentimes I go alone after work. A lot of the time I am fine with it, but if I get lonely I call up a friend on my cell and invite them over. Normally it doesn't take more than an hour or so to meet and selecting a meeting point is never more than a 10 or 15 minute walk from anywhere in the resort.

It has been a long time since I have been to WDW. But doing this I would think is more difficult as you just can't meet up that quickly. But I think if you take Dusty's advice then you guys can get some good meets going.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

More people on here live close to DL (like 15-20 minutes), while quite a few of us live at least an hour away from WDW.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    I wonder is there of some Floridians Micechatters here or WDW Locals . If yes no one seems interested to meet each other at the World .
    Actually, SummerinFL started a thread about this and has started to plan monthly meets.

What day of the week is best for meets?

WDW Monthly Meet - April 7 (Monster's Inc Laugh Floor Preview)

As MiceChat continues to grow more locals are visiting this site. Meets do happen, just not always to the scale or set frequency of those at Disneyland.

Bopazot it was easier to meet you, from France, than the locals. Actually the only way I did get to meet some of the Floridian MCers was just by chance, and even then no one even knew who I was. I've seen many noble attempts to organize regular or even semi-regular meets at WDW but nothing usually works out. Hopefully one day they can get something consistant going.

I wonder how Summers meet went today?

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Bopazot... don't your realize you have been meeting some of us local WDW people at DLP lately???
    that's right i did met some WDW local at DLP .

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    Bopazot it was easier to meet you, from France, than the locals. Actually the only way I did get to meet some of the Floridian MCers was just by chance, and even then no one even knew who I was. I've seen many noble attempts to organize regular or even semi-regular meets at WDW but nothing usually works out. Hopefully one day they can get something consistant going.

I wonder how Summers meet went today?

true and it was great to meet you and other MCers like Smash and Summer and Figment .

Im intrested in meeting some of you all. I'malways at wdw but then if you knew me well you will know why.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

That's correct, we did just have our first official Mice Chat Monthly Meet at WDW yesterday.

The details will be up soon but 4 people showed up. Thank you for bringing this up again as I am still trying to get people out!

Look for details soon regarding the May 5th meet.

• Banned User

you gotta start small but it's easy to have a meet just have to pick the park and the time. we are lucky since we have four parks to choose from. and i agree that once a month works out well. especially since that is about the frequency we go to wdw these days.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast