21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disney-ABC Studios

8 38.10%
  • Disney-MGM Studios

13 61.90%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: Disney-ABC Studios vs. Disney-Pixar Studios

I think Disney would try to go for a more worldwide approach for international tourists. Are ABC shows popular in other countries?? Anyways, I can see why they would choose "Disney-Pixar" because they just bought Pixar and Pixar has a worldwide appeal. Disney-ABC and Disney-Pixar really are kind of repetitive in a way. But if I had to choose, it'd be "Walt Disney Studios". This just really covers a lot as a whole I think.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Defying gravity

Really, renaming the park "Disney-Pixar Studios" requires a lot of rebranding. Besides Toy Story Mania, what in the park is Pixar? This would almost be a more appropriate name for DCA, since so many things there are Pixar.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    Really, renaming the park "Disney-Pixar Studios" requires a lot of rebranding. Besides Toy Story Mania, what in the park is Pixar? This would almost be a more appropriate name for DCA, since so many things there are Pixar.

In this other thread, http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disney-world-resort/58761-disney-pixar-studios-disney-mgm-studios.html , we went into a bit deeper about the rebranding of the mgm studios into pixar.

MGM already has Pizza Planet but they're also getting Toy Story Mania and DCA's Block Party Bash.

Also rumored to come is a Monsters Inc dark ride, A Bug's Land play area, redone animation tour featuring Pixar, and other stuff I'm sure. Read the thread above for more!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Topic killer :P
    Although I do like your signature.

• ISTC Instructor

I just really wish they would stop turning the sound stages into attractions and start filming things there again.

Pixar stuidos just makes me cringe.
    MGM is just not going to work anymore

I'm voting for the Disney Studios. Combine that name with filming new things there and I see a winner, for me at least. I'm sure its easier to do all of the filming in California, but this was the reason to build the park to begin with.

Maybee a New, New Mickey Mouse Club (without the double news).
    Always follow your dreams...

• Dreaming of Disney World

I really just wish they would name it The Walt Disney Studios Florida or just name something along the line of Disney's Hollywood Studios and not have a tour or anything just rides that represent the movies not a park that films movies. Making it Pixar just makes no since to me. They would have to redo so many things. I wish they would make the whole park be like a turn of the century Hollywood. Like the first part of the park is. If you name it The Walt Disney Studios Florida you would cover everything and that is why I think that that name is the way to go. Dont screw up a good park in my opinion. All MGM needs is updating to be a top notch park again.
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    NO!

... and I don't really feel like adding more to that right now.

Something wrong with that name. lol. I think that Walt Disney Studio is fine but Disney MGM Studio is better. I just wish that Disney would bring filming back to the studios. Gee, how much does cost to film in Flordia now a days?

• On A Disney World Tour...

In the line of turn of the century hollywood, I must admit that my secret dream is that they build in a quiet part of the park the exact replica of the Hyperion studio the Disney brothers used to squeeze their operation in before moving the burbank. The Walt Disney Studios entrance in largely inspired by its architecture.
    That would be the ideal place to finaly have a beautiful museum about the Disneys (kinda like the One's Man Dream, but with a theme !) I know that is straying appart from the movie theme considering it's some backstage feature, but what the heck, it's for a good cause

Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    I agree that ABC is better than MGM, but I think Pixar would be more appropriate than both.
    But only about 25% (depending on how big Midway Mania is, we'll see) of the park is related to animated films.

I think remaking the animation courtyard into some sort of Pixar land would be appropriate, the hollywood theming is not as strong there and there's a lot of space to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Well, it would look pretty stupid if/when ABC is sold by the company, in order to get back to the company's core values.
    No chance in heck. The company's core values provide nowhere near the value that the TV networks arm does. Going back to basics would simply make the company an extremely lucrative takeover target, and the next thing you'll know all your favorite Disney animators are working on Nicktoons or Ice Age 3. By holding these very valuable holdings the price tag for the company goes up.

• Shablagoo!

I'd prefer Disney-Miramax Studios. Then we could have Tarantinoland!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12