21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disney-ABC Studios

8 38.10%
  • Disney-MGM Studios

13 61.90%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• On A Disney World Tour...

Lightbulb Disney-ABC Studios vs. Disney-Pixar Studios

I know the Rumor mill is giving it to Disney-Pixar, and it may probably end up that way, but I'm raising my hand make a objection... If I may...

As Disney puts all of its efforts into putting most of its movie franchises into the parks, nothing seems to be done regarding its hit tv series. Isn't it a shame that to ride though ABC's Desperate Housewives Wisteria Lane you have to go to Universal Studio Hollywood ? Couldn't just they build a few replica of the houses for the movie tour in Disney-Put-your-best-selling-branch-here Studio ?

Lost has one of the most interesting universe in presend day television, and yet all you can get from a disney theme park is some mechandising.
    ABC is very present in the Studio but only to host a restaurant and a phased out Drew Carey show and some...

I know LOST popularity may not last eternaly but the monster invaded desert island theme could last forever and be kept adapted to the trend of the days for decades... I know I wouldnt mind seeing Drew carrey go away to see some Lost placemaking done by echo lake.
    People love to see the exact replica of the places they can only see in their TV sets (Disneyland's success is due to this recreaction of a fantasy only seen in movies and books) Hollywood give them the real sets but with the cameras and lightnings and all the things that remind you : you are not in your TV set ! I know I would love to see the house and office of Ugly Betty as it is in fiction without any camera crew and director chair. Same for Grey's Anatomy ! Just walk Seattle Grace Hospital as it is in my TV set ! Theme Parks should be about fantasy not backstage... And those cheap to build walkthrough could be replaced as please and just as cheap.

My point is, television is very successful as well and I can't understand why Disney don't use it more in its theme park, as many of its use would be (i think) quiet cheap.
    For exemple : We know it's old and cheesy, but who wouldn't want a photo location with the A-Team van ! CHEAP !

So I say let's give back to ABC what's its entitled ! A PARK ! Disney-ABC Studios vs. Disney-Pixar Studios.

Shoot, my mistake for the POLL, let's the MGM option stands for Pixar, until i find out a way to change it... sorry.
    Last edited by CheriBibi; 04-07-2007 at 04:41 AM.
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: Disney-ABC Studios vs. Disney-Pixar Studios

Unfortunately your poll options are ABC or MGM, and I think we know what will likely win that one.

I guess the proper reply would be to give an order of preference. To me, ABC > MGM > Pixar.

• Dreaming of Disney World

I personally would like for it to be kept as Disney-MGM Studios. I just got back from WDW 2 days ago and before I left I wasnt even excited about going to MGM. From everything I had heard on the internet it was just a terrible park. But I went anyway and when I got there I was amazed at how much I like it. I doesnt beat AK or MK for me but I pretty much like all the parks the same at WDW. I enjoyed MGM because I felt like I was at the movies and I was in Hollywood. I hope the dont change the name because I think that it would take away its Hollywood feel. When have you ever felt like Pixar was such a Hollywood thing. If Disney has to change its name because of licensing, etc., I would like for them to just call it The Walt Disney Studios Florida. If you call it that then you could include Touchstone, Pixar, Disney, and ABC. I just know that it being called Disney-Pixar Studios would just kill the theme for me. Come on Disney dont turn your so called thrill park into just another park for kids.
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    Unfortunately your poll options are ABC or MGM, and I think we know what will likely win that one.

I guess the proper reply would be to give an order of preference. To me, ABC > MGM > Pixar.
    Shoot, of course i mean ABC vs Pixar for the poll, is there a way to edit the poll ?

Quote Originally Posted by tyler2cfhs View Post
    I just know that it being called Disney-Pixar Studios would just kill the theme for me.
    I'm not sure it would kill the theme, but it would sure add nothing at all. Pixar is already used in the theming of all the other park. What's the point of naming a park after them ? They're in MK (all around the world), AK, MGM and EPCOT ! I'm not against the pixar invasion they've got cool characters and decor and are fully part of the Disney universe, but considering they are everywhere already, naming a park after them would be confusing... Is there just gonna be more Pixar stuff in that one ? We all know they're not gonna deprive the other parks of Pixar franchises materials just to keep the relevancy of a park's name... So nope, there's not even gonna be more pixar theming/attraction there...

i've never been so keen on the MGM name myself, that could have been any other studio attached to the disney name and we all know that legally, and logicly (Disney has nothing to do with MGM any more than with Universal) they're gonna have to drop it, only to avoid the hassle. But let's keep three letters huh ? Disney-ABC Studios

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

Just change it to the Walt Disney Studios theme park.
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
    Agreed. Of course, that is the name of the park in DLP.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post

I agree that ABC is better than MGM, but I think Pixar would be more appropriate than both.

• May the F=ma be with you

Well, considering Disney has put up some new MGM STudio signs within the park, I do not think that the name will be changing anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Yeah, but that would have to be The Walt Disney Studios Florida now that DLRP already got the name. For some reason I don't know if Disney US parks are ready to get some localisation titles... would feel weird right ?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I voted for Disney-MGM Studios.

I personally think calling it the Disney-ABC Studios is redundant and also as confusing as the Disney-Pixar name.

For one, ABC really isn't a studio... it's a network (American Broadcasting Company). The Disney Studios, along with Touchstone and Buena Vista Television are what handles some of their shows.

But wait... I'm wrong. Some shows are straying away from the Touchstone Television name and going with ABC Television Studio now (Lost). But it's still in its infancy and many shows are still going by Touchstone Television (Desperate Housewives, Scrubs).

Either way... it's confusing, and won't change anything about the park aside from the name because they've always included ABC in the parks when possible... unless you want them to have an "According to Jim" attraction... or "Scrubs: the ride" or "Desperate Housewives: Live It!"

I don't think ABC needs to be a part of the title unless they were really going to push television. And since they don't actually film there anymore, probably not a practical move to spend all that money to change the name to something that wouldn't exactly draw more visitors.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Neither.

• I was deleted.

NO!

... and I don't really feel like adding more to that right now.

• jonyyeh

I vote for Disney-Pixar Studios because the Pixar characters are a easier tie-in than the ABC shows. Besides, since ABC doesn't own the ABC station in Orlando, how can you tie it in the park? Also, not all the shows could be turned into attractions, since not all the shows are produced by ABC Television Studio (formerly Touchstone Television). Pixar is easier to tie in because Pixar has wide appeal and is more like Disney than either MGM or ABC.

• Rock Star Minion

Well, it would look pretty stupid if/when ABC is sold by the company, in order to get back to the company's core values.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast