Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Now Universal Compare DIsney on their Website ?

yes i've looked in their website and i was surprised that Universal now Compare Universal to DIsney .

http://www.universalorlando.com/disney_comparision.html

• Defying gravity

Re: Now Universal Compare DIsney on their Website ?

So what's the point. Everyone knows that WDW is still better!

• Banned User

They left Everest out of their comparison.

• Jambo!

Their big promotion going on right now is that you can get a full year of admission to both The Studios and Islands of Adventure for the price of a 1-Day Disney Park Hopper ticket

They've had that same comparison chart on their website for several years now. Its just a marketing tactic that Universal believes they need to continue to use as they watch their audience stay at Disney instead of the overflow coming over into their parks as was the case before Magic Your Way and Magical Express were introduced by Disney. They have a decent enough product to advertise on their own and I don't know why they don't stick with that. I think it is pretty obvious what a true comparison chart between choosing WDW vs UO as a resort destination, without manipulating what each actually offers, would show....

Hmmmmm, they seem to have listed certain attractions twice like spiderman and shrek.... and considering they're taking out king kong, back to the future, and E.T., it doesn't go well with me.

• Attn. Space Travelers....

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter13 View Post
    Hmmmmm, they seem to have listed certain attractions twice like spiderman and shrek.... and considering they're taking out king kong, back to the future, and E.T., it doesn't go well with me.
    very true!! i loved the old rides....you know theyre replacing Back to the Future with a ride based on the upcoming Simpsons movie??

i love the Simpsons and all, but ill miss BTTF

Anyways, yeah, UO as been comparing themselves to Disney for a while, trying to get aross the point that you can go to both parks for less than the price of a Disney Park Hopper...but hey, you do get 4 parks at Disney lol !! cant argue with that
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter13 View Post
    King Kong has been gone for years now. It was replaced with Mummy. I never liked the Back to the Future ride (love the movies though), so I won't miss that. I didn't care much for ET when I rode it years ago either, but I'm willing to give it another chance.

Anyways, yeah, UO as been comparing themselves to Disney for a while, trying to get aross the point that you can go to both parks for less than the price of a Disney Park Hopper...but hey, you do get 4 parks at Disney lol !! cant argue with that
    Ummm you can a little. They're saying you can go to both Universal parks for a YEAR for the same price as a 1 day WDW hopper ticket. Considering a WDW annual pass is over $300, that's a pretty good deal for Universal.

• Dreaming of Disney World

Looking at that comparison makes me want to go to Disney over Universal even more. Under there thrilling rides Disney kills them in my opinion. Mission:Space to me runs circles around Spiderman and Space Mountain is classic and is way better than any turn of the century thrill coaster. Universal, get over it. Disney is way, way, way better than you and you need to realize that. Just sit back, relax and enjoy your 6 million visitors a year because in my opinion, your lucky to get that. Also the idiots compared Spiderman and Shrek to classics like Peter Pan and Cinderella. Ok little boy would you like to see a big Oger or a boy that can fly ummmmmm Peter Pan. Ok little girl would you like to see Spiderman or Cinderella there is no ummm there its obviosly going to be Cinderella. Also the little kids I know would rather see Peter Pan over Spiderman anyday. Universal needs to stop comparing themselves because its not making you want to go there anymore than I do.
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

• Attn. Space Travelers....

Exclamation Re: Now Universal Compare DIsney on their Website ?

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    King Kong has been gone for years now. It was replaced with Mummy. I never liked the Back to the Future ride (love the movies though), so I won't miss that. I didn't care much for ET when I rode it years ago either, but I'm willing to give it another chance.

Ummm you can a little. They're saying you can go to both Universal parks for a YEAR for the same price as a 1 day WDW hopper ticket. Considering a WDW annual pass is over $300, that's a pretty good deal for Universal.

its a YEAR ?!?! HOLY POO !!!! i didnt catch that!! hmmm....
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Like CTXRover said, Universal is not getting the overflow from Disney. I read that their admission numbers did not rise a significant amount last year since Disney started their Magic Your Way program. I think they are scared and are resorting to "sour grapes" advertising.

• Minion

Of course I like Disney better but Universal deserves their due. None of the Disney motion simulators are as good as Spider Man...and the puke factor of Mission Space does not appeal to me much. Universal's recent output of 3D films has been as good as Disney's. Men in Black is probably the most sophisticated interactive ride until Toy Story Mania shows up (and the verdict is not certain on that one). I think the big mistake that Universal made was opening a second park. IOL has neither a large number of rides or much repeatability (except Spiderman). Instead of one strong park they have two moderate ones now. Compare this to Universal Studios Japan which has the best from both parks.

• Circle of Ancients

I like Universal, but it's not even close.

I mean, they really had the nerve to put Woody Woodpekcer, Pteredon Flyers and Flying Unicorn on there??? Granted Mummy, Hulk and Dragons are AWESOME ... but still.

But yeah, them comparing themselves to Disney is nothing new.

I notice they don't try and do that in SoCal.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Comparing Universal to Disney is like comparing apples & oranges. Each are great in their own ways and each also have their flaws.

End of story.

Sad Re: Now Universal Compare DIsney on their Website ?

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Comparing Universal to Disney is like comparing apples & oranges. Each are great in their own ways and each also have their flaws.

End of story.
    Oh no, I'm not letting it go that easily. Yeah, I like Disney parks better, what's the big deal?! No one tells stories like Disney! The Haunted Mansion, Pirates, NOTHING like that in other parks. Universal, Six Flags, Knotts, they all have a bunch of random rides! What I do give credit for Universal for is that they do try to make their rides have much more character. It's not all rollarcoasters and cheap thrills....the jurrasic park t-rex coming out of the waterfall is a great concept! I love it, but it just can't hold a candle to ALL of what Disney provides! The immersive experiances take you to a whole new place. The scenery, music, heck even the path you walk takes on importance. It's that awsome detail that pays off. You've got to admit that at least. Yeah, the twin dragons are great, so is the hulk, but c'mon, I really like the Titan and Texas Giant in Six Flags Over Texas and that park DOES NOT compare to DL or WDW.

I'm not sorry for choosing sides. Universal is my second favorite, but deffinately far from the first spot on the list.

Ok, that's just my opinion so just take it with a grain of salt (I'm sorry if that offends any slugs)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast