Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Dreaming of Disney World

Is there going to be a 10 year AK celebration

With the AK 10th year coming around the corner is there going to be a celebration to go with that?
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

• Jambo!

Re: Is there going to be a 10 year AK celebration

Yes and its going to be as grand as Epcot's 25th anniversary...

Quote Originally Posted by goofgeek View Post
    Yes and its going to be as grand as Epcot's 25th anniversary...
    So true. It is a part of the, "Where Dreams Come True" campaign. I wish that Disney would announce Beastly Kingdom for the 10th anniversity celebration. oh well. Islands Of Adventure will be 10 old soon as well.

If so, do you think they would announce a new ride?

• "There's always my way"

I don't think they are going to do that. Look at Epcot that's turning 25 this year and they have nothing planned. The only I heard is that Epcot will be refurbishing some of the old rides, like Spaceship Earth because of the new sponsor. I don't know much about AK and it's 10th but expect Disney to follow what they are doing with Epcot. If they do something, expect an announcement. I see Islands of Adventure getting something though because of what they did with HHN last year (16th anniversary "reunion").

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• Banned User

i think they will have something, if not a celebration a grand new gimic to get people into the park to buy retro murchandise...

maybe find a way to keep the park open later into the evening?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tyler2cfhs View Post
    With the AK 10th year coming around the corner is there going to be a celebration to go with that?
    Gee.. has it been that long already?? I remember like if it was mere months ago, me being up all night in anticipation to being there on opening day in the morning. (of course, I had already visited DAK during CM preview days...)
    Then again, seems like it was only a few years ago when I stood at EPCOT's main entrance on Oct 1st, 1982 and watched as the grand opening ceremony unfolded in front of me.. (of course, I had already worked and visited EPCOT Center a few weeks before that in sept 82 during Construction Workers' Family Preview days)
    Oh the memories... they make me misty.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Gee.. has it been that long already?? I remember like if it was mere months ago, me being up all night in anticipation to being there on opening day in the morning. (of course, I had already visited DAK during CM preview days...)
    Then again, seems like it was only a few years ago when I stood at EPCOT's main entrance on Oct 1st, 1982 and watched as the grand opening ceremony unfolded in front of me.. (of course, I had already worked and visited EPCOT Center a few weeks before that in sept 82 during Construction Workers' Family Preview days)
    Oh the memories... they make me misty.
    Wow you have been there for a while, TDLFan.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Wow you have been there for a while, TDLFan.
    True.. I am like that fun uncle you'd love to have in your family... the one who would take you around the World just because? ..and I mean EARTH, not WD "World".

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

Expect a huge event for AK's 10th, including a reason to stay in the park until close... which will actually be at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nigel Channing View Post
    Expect a huge event for AK's 10th, including a reason to stay in the park until close... which will actually be at night.
    actually is you stay for the Extra Magic Hours at night during winter it's getting dark early and the joys to walk over AK at night is awesome .

• I was deleted.

And I agree, there probably won't be a major celebration as Epcot turns 25 without anything but a pin to mention this anniversary. What I would suspect, given the nature (bad pun, I know) of the park would be some dedications of animals to the Safari, trails, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    True.. I am like that fun uncle you'd love to have in your family... the one who would take you around the World just because? ..and I mean EARTH, not WD "World".
    Um.. you mean you aren't my hot uncle? Jeez, what happened!

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    actually is you stay for the Extra Magic Hours at night during winter it's getting dark early and the joys to walk over AK at night is awesome .
    Awesome except for terrible lighting conditions, that have only slightly improved since Everest opened...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    Yeah bopazot.. let's talk about my visit to DLP's 15th anniversary and having to see the new nightime-minded stuff in the daytime thanks to an early closing at 8pm..

• "There's always my way"

sorry for being negative but I still don't see anything being done for AK's 10th anniversary.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• Banned User

they would have to do more than have a nighttime show to keep me in the park longer. if you time things right you can see the whole park between 9am and 5pm and considering the animals wouldn't be out at night the only other area worth seeing is dinoland and that can get boring very easily.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast