Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Disneyholic

Re: What's coming to animal kingdom?

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    What type of lagoon show is coming to Animal Kingdom? I've heard that the show is going to be a parade of Disney characters that move along the Discovery River and that it would feature no pyro at all due to the animals.
    Don't they already do something similar to this already? We saw the "Fab 5" on one of the old friendship boats last time we where there waving and playing loud music from the lagoon on their way to do character signings.

Speaking of which any plans to ever bring the boat tour back? We skipped it the first visit to the park and it has not been running since. I would like to see some water facing animal enclosures and attractions ala the Jungle cruise Walt originally wanted...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

A giraffe at AK had a baby recently. That's as new as you can get!

• This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    I agree that a Jungle Book attraction would be make an excellent addiction to the park. I am shocked that Disney had not used these characters for a ride or attraction.
    I wouldn't call it an attraction, but AK had the Journey Into the Jungle Book show in the Theater in the Wild when it opened, to me it was the worst or next to worst theme park show I've ever seen.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nigel Channing View Post
    -Attempting to aquire Pandas from China
    If they want to save a few dollars, it probably wouldn't be to difficult to steal them from Zoo Atlanta.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    tell everybody FANS on his way....
    Yes, I am, and heads will roll down Harambe's center street if the park is not up to my standards!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Baghira View Post
    I wouldn't call it an attraction, but AK had the Journey Into the Jungle Book show in the Theater in the Wild when it opened, to me it was the worst or next to worst theme park show I've ever seen.
    Maybe you need to get out more often, because the Jungle Book Show was actually one of the better shows they have ever done at WDW in the last 35 yrs. ..and (sorry BPF) but much better than Tarzan's Rock Nightmare from hell with speeding monkeys on crack, overspeeding! You want to talk "bad show", then let's talk about the MK's Galaxy Search show, or EPCOT's World of Barbie, or even the lackluster MK version of TDL's Cinderellabration. To name a few...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I forgot about the acquiring Pandas idea. Yup, that's been in the works for a while now.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

What's so difficult about getting Pandas? I buy them plushes at the Beijing Airport Duty Free shop all the time!!

• This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Maybe you need to get out more often, because the Jungle Book Show was actually one of the better shows they have ever done at WDW in the last 35 yrs. ..and (sorry BPF) but much better than Tarzan's Rock Nightmare from hell with speeding monkeys on crack, overspeeding! You want to talk "bad show", then let's talk about the MK's Galaxy Search show, or EPCOT's World of Barbie, or even the lackluster MK version of TDL's Cinderellabration. To name a few...

You and I will never agree on this, or pretty much anything, since we obviously have much different tastes in what we we enjoy as far as entertainment goes, so it's basically a agree to disagree situation. Tarzan Rocks was my all-time favorite musical show at WDW.

Disney knew they had a bomb on their hands with Journey Into the Jungle Book and that's why it was replaced pretty quick.

I saw both Galaxy Search and Barbie numerous times, but to be honest not for the quality of the shows, but more for the eye candy women in sprayed on spandex, and to waste time before meeting people or doing something else at MK or Epcot. I never caught Cinderellabration because the Castle stage shows and Princessy type things don't interest me, much like the parades don't interest me. I saw Journey Into the Jungle book 2 times, and walked out the 2nd time because the performance was even worse than the 1st time I watched it. I even videoed it the 1st time I watched it, which to me was a waste of tape. I only converted it to digital last year to show some friends of mine, who after viewing the clips who didn't care for it either and said they were glad they missed it.

Sorry OP, I really do hope they get some sort of night operations and event/s in AK, I enjoyed getting to be in there at night a couple of nights this past X-Mas season.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    And while DAK is at it.. they can bring me back Tarzan and create an INDOOR attraction with A/C - aka dark ride. I suggest, The Jungle Book!

Yah, I totally want a Jungle Book attraction in India too. Maybe like a boat / flume / dark ride that starts with the wolves who take care of Mowgli and keep going through all the animals and their fun scenes leading up to a fiery finale with shere khan. And the end of the ride could be Baloo looking at US the riders, beckoning us to stay with him in the jungle... while Bagheera feels the opposite and wishes us luck to go to the man village where we belong.

I think if the treat it like a major attraction and not just some fantasyland ride, it would be quite popular for all ages who love the film.

And no offense to anyone, but I thought Tarzan Rocks was the worst Disney show I've ever seen. I couldn't wait to be over. I like cheesey but this show was cheesey times a million. It was a mess. And Rosie O'Donnell... ugh.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Dreaming of Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    The only space left for a new land would be where Beastlie Kingdomme was supposed to be, so if they did build Australia or something else, that would be the end of it (unless they change the roadways around the park - you can see all this easily enough on Google Earth). There is some land left in the Dinoland section, where part of the Excavator roller coaster was supposed to have been.
    Your wrong....there is about three areas where they could add a land the size of Dinorama. If you look at a satalite image you will be able to see that there is tons of room to expand.
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

Forget about seats. Not gonna happen. Fantasmic! at the Studios is considered a mistake because they have a giant theatre that remains empty in the day except for show practice.

The shoreline can be extended for little cost. I'm sure they'll have to learn that the hard way though.
    Nevermind on the seating then, that does make sense. Perhaps they could do something similar to what they did at Disneyland's Rivers of America, IT is my understanding they altered the paths around it to make sort of a terrace for better viewing for those in the back?

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

Yup, that's true, unfortunately the shoreline was only extended after they realized it was too crowded. So, that will make things a little difficult.

Yup, that's true, unfortunately the shoreline was only extended after they realized it was too crowded. So, that will make things a little difficult.
    Well, hopefully they could learn from a mistake and do it BEFORE it gets to crowded.

• Banned User

i think i read somewhere that china is charging a million dollars a year for the panda's and any offspring coming from the pair belongs to china. the san diego and atlanta zoo's were complaining about the upkeep costs of having them and were thinking of sending them back to china.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast