Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: What's coming to animal kingdom?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    i think i read somewhere that china is charging a million dollars a year for the panda's and any offspring coming from the pair belongs to china. the san diego and atlanta zoo's were complaining about the upkeep costs of having them and were thinking of sending them back to china.
    Zoo Atlanta has a set agreement that ends in 2009.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Zoo Atlanta has a set agreement that ends in 2009.
    that could have been where i read about the huge cost. I know the article said that the san diego zoo was seriously considering closing their panda exhibit and it said something about zoo atlanta and negotiations so maybe it was the cost of renewing the deal.
    many years ago Busch gardens had pandas for a year and half, the government at the time wanted to extend the deal but busch said it was just too expensive and also the pandas they had were going to be going into a breeding program so they would have to deal with new ones so it wasn't worth it. I would love to see pandas in asia somewhere. I would also love australian area and unlike those of you who want beastly kingdom, i would rather see a tropical rainforest exhibit. at least with the rainforest it teaches about endangered areas and what will be lost if the area isn't preserved.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Baghira View Post
    Disney knew they had a bomb on their hands with Journey Into the Jungle Book and that's why it was replaced pretty quick.
    Wrong dear. Disney was caught unprepared by the success of Tarzan in the theaters and therefore, decided to close the Junble Book show *quickly* so they could take advantage of Tarzan's success in a park that was not seeing the attendance numbers they had anticipated for right off the proverbial gate. In other words.. Jungle Book show was sacrificed in the name of brand recognition for the current masses. If Tarzan had been a huge flop, I would be willing to bet the Jungle Cruise show would have stayed much much longer than it did, and Tarzan's popularity (or muscular body maybe?) was what kept that horrible show in the Theater of the Wild for so so so long, overstaying it's welcome IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy
    And no offense to anyone, but I thought Tarzan Rocks was the worst Disney show I've ever seen. I couldn't wait to be over. I like cheesey but this show was cheesey times a million. It was a mess. And Rosie O'Donnell... ugh.
    I agree 150% with you on "Tarzan Sucks!" show. It was a bad, loud, messy and uninspired mess of a show. I much prefer the DLParis' "Tarzan Encounter" show over DAK's mercifully gone fiasco. As for O'Donnell.. at least she is out of the closet (and respect her for that and taking on Hair Club for Men spokesperson Trump), while Tarzan remains in deep in that closet.... what's up with that T-Boy??

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    If it's any consolation... I may be coming to DAK inthe next 48 hrs...
    I posted that the day before yesterday and today, as promised, I came to DAK. Rode Everest and looked around... That's me on the ride, 2nd row, red shirt on the left.

And these are photos of the Yee-kee-ree-yak (don't look back!) Restaurant in Asia. (gee! am I going to have fun with that stupid name...)

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Any photos of heads rolling around Harambe, or was all well?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234