Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What's coming to animal kingdom?

Does anyone have any news on what might be coming to animal kingdom soon?

• Banned User

Re: What's coming to animal kingdom?

New restaurant in the Asia section of the park, and the new DAK Vacation Villas for DVC members.. as far as I know that's it.

Now, what I wish they did to DAK: replace Lion King's version with the current HKDL version, Festival of the Lion King show. Finally create and build Beastly Kingdom area. Make a walking walkway from Harambe to Conservation Station/Asia, where people could see more animal exhibits and guests were able to bypass the stupid train ride to that area of the park. Have a nightime show of sorts on the waters between Asia and Dinoland. Speaking off.. I would pull the plug on Hester Chester, and build up a real coaster in the dark, using the Mall of America's Timberland Twister ride, where guests can escape perils and encounters with other, lesser known dino types from long ago... etc etc.
    Wishful thinking.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

So far, the only confirmed item coming is a new restaurant, Yak and Yeti. There are many things rumored, but nothing has been confirmed.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Attn. Space Travelers....

well, what are some of the othe rumors? anyone?
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    New restaurant in the Asia section of the park, and the new DAK Vacation Villas for DVC members.. as far as I know that's it.

Now, what I wish they did to DAK: replace Lion King's version with the current HKDL version, Festival of the Lion King show. Finally create and build Beastly Kingdom area. Make a walking walkway from Harambe to Conservation Station/Asia, where people could see more animal exhibits and guests were able to bypass the stupid train ride to that area of the park. Have a nightime show of sorts on the waters between Asia and Dinoland. Speaking off.. I would pull the plug on Hester Chester, and build up a real coaster in the dark, using the Mall of America's Timberland Twister ride, where guests can escape perils and encounters with other, lesser known dino types from long ago... etc etc.
    Wishful thinking.
    Kind of off topic, but tell me more about this Mall of America Coaster.

Back to topic, I have not heard much beside the restaurant. Hopefully Beastly Kingdom is coming, When pigs fly or go into space.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Space Junk View Post
    well, what are some of the othe rumors? anyone?
    There have been some rumors that Australia will be the next "land" and feature animals, but I think that is more speculation than Beastly Kingdom at this point.

But I forgot about the nighttime show; that's another rumor too.

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

Lets not forget the obvious too, seeing that animals will be animals I expect a steady stream of babies to be added the park on a piecemeal basis .

• I was deleted.

Wishful thinking.
    Timerland Twister was the first spinning coaster of that nature in the western hemisphere when it opened in spring 2004.

And while DAK is at it.. they can bring me back Tarzan and create an INDOOR attraction with A/C - aka dark ride. I suggest, The Jungle Book!

• Banned User

Better yet, bring the guy who plays Tarzan at HKDL's Golden Mickeys...

HUNKHUNKHUNKHUNKHUNK (sound of my heart as I watch him do his thing in a loincloth)

• I was deleted.

Better yet, bring the guy who plays Tarzan at HKDL's Golden Mickeys...

HUNKHUNKHUNKHUNKHUNK (sound of my heart as I watch him do his thing in a loincloth)
    Well if we're lucky that Tarzan is on some sort of exchange program and will come "home" soon.

• "There's always my way"

I read that Beastly Kingdom has been put on the backburner for a while. So far the only new addition is the Yak and Yeti restaurant. I have a good feeling that Animal Kingdom will be adding something big very soon. They just got Expedition Everest, so we need to give them a bit of time before the next one. I do agree with the removal of the Hester Chester coaster.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

Blog Entries

I would love to see an Antarctica pavilion that would be indoors and cool. Part of this pavilion would include a dark ride where you ride a jeep through a trek of antartica. This would take you past areas with real animals of that region in their habitat and also through rooms with AA's and where you escape perils on your journey. I think a nice, large, indoor pavilion would be wonderful. Especially if it's of antarctica and cool.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Lets not forget the obvious too, seeing that animals will be animals I expect a steady stream of babies to be added the park on a piecemeal basis .

You may, or you may find that if they are endangered or even just threatend species, they get shipped off to other institutions so as to create a more diverese genetic mix.

That would make one heck of an safari attraction though. "Come out and watch the animals mate"

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

They need to dump Camp Minnie-Mickey and Dino-Rama.

Antarctica would be cool (no pun intended), but what would they have besides penguins?
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post

And while DAK is at it.. they can bring me back Tarzan and create an INDOOR attraction with A/C - aka dark ride. I suggest, The Jungle Book!

Yes! A dark ride is needed deperately here I think.

And as for babies, a baby giraffe was just born recently, so they are on their way.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast