Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• I was deleted.

Re: Epcot’s Spaceship Earth is changing.. Official!

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    Okay....correct me if I'm wrong here(but in a nice way please ) but isn't SSE about the history and future of COMMUNICATION...inventing the future and the spirit of innovation?
    Yes, and as a Communications student I really love(d) that about SSE! I sure hope that doesn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    I wonder what's up with that Earth Barge rehab? Last I heard, it has been pushed back until May.
    You know, I have no clue. You were asking and following it more than I was. If anyone would know around these parts it might be the Dr.

And I SO agree with yoyo! No wonder there was no read 25th celebration for Ep-ity-cot, it isn't ready to shine... just yet.

I just hope the grave stones leave with the wand. Wow this will be the 3rd verison of this ride in 25 years.

• If We Can Dream It...

I'm all for this! This is great! I can't stop using exclaimation points!!!!

Seriously, I have high hopes for this rehab. For me, anything past the 60's TV set is fair game. As long as, like TDLFAN said, they don't go replacing or installing only screens and projectors. They need to seriously work on the sets, transitions, and the quality of the effects, AA's and all. So far what been done is nice but, isn't enough. This rehab is key to WDC & WDW proving that they still believe in Epcot/EPCOT Center.

I hope they bring back Irons to do the new narration. The current narration is so mysterious yet soothing, I love it.
    - Horizonsfan

• Banned User

Maybe they can get the great Billy West.

• Banned User

ummm i thought rod serling was dead, I know walt disney is. I would love to hear someone like james earl jones doing the narration. Not sure about the touchscreens at the end of the ride, I didn't like it with horizons.

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (April 11, 2007) -- Inside the Epcot icon, remarkable changes will be taking place over the next several months. A re-imagined Spaceship Earth presented by Siemens will combine the magic of the iconic attraction's time-travel adventure into the past with a new finale which provides guests the opportunity to imagine their futures.

On a trip through time inside the Spaceship Earth attraction, guests discover how each generation of mankind has invented the future for the next generation, and how the spirit of innovation has moved people from the caves to the cosmos.

Enhancements to the time-travel attraction will encompass changes to each of the ride scenes. New show scenes will be added to the attraction's story along with new lighting effects, costumes, set decoration, narration and musical score.

This adventure through time leads ultimately to the very top of Spaceship Earth's geodesic dome, where guests arrive at the present. The time travel adventure will be enhanced through new, interactive touch screens installed aboard each "time machine" that will enable guests to create their own visions of the future and see themselves in that future.

More at: http://www.wdwnews.com/ViewPressRele...leaseID=106459

Touch screen choosing.. reminds me of horizons future choice...
    All I have to say is about DAMN time!!!!!

I always laugh when I see the future of tomorrow, and they are talking about moms tucking in their kids from across the world via video conf. images on a PC, and I am like... This is more like the future of today...

At least now I will ride the attraction again.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    ummm i thought rod serling was dead, I know walt disney is. I would love to hear someone like james earl jones doing the narration. Not sure about the touchscreens at the end of the ride, I didn't like it with horizons.
    I know I meant the sound a like from ToT
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

Okay, so this means it will be down for refurb? From what date to what date?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    Okay, so this means it will be down for refurb? From what date to what date?
    The only thing I have seen is Summer through late November.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

probably up before christmas rush. since epcot is very popular during the holiday season.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post

Hope it closes LATE summer, as I would like to see it before it closes.
    Same here.

I arrive on the 6th July which, for a closing in "summer", seems to be asking a bit much.

Heck, I'd even hop on the monorail in my dizzy, jet-lagged state to say Au revoir!

On a side note, I think that some burning torches and celebratory tribal dancing might be in order if and when the wand actually comes down.

Like the destruction of an Earth- bound asteroid. Only with a happier and more meaningful result.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Although I hate the wand I wish some sort of new large iconic structure could join SSE for the anniversary rather than just going back to having the ball by itself. But it should have a design that fits in with the geometrical look of the sphere.

Also, the satellites are gone. The guys on WDWmagic looked it over already. I myself looked in the space where they claim the satellite used to be and nothing's there, although supports are supposed to still be hanging around and the capsule on the wall that used to represent the space station is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    Although I hate the wand I wish some sort of new large iconic structure could join SSE for the anniversary rather than just going back to having the ball by itself. But it should have a design that fits in with the geometrical look of the sphere.

I'd say that the visual impact of SSE minus the scaffolding will be great enough.

Get rid of the gravestones and brown ..er.... things on SSE's legs and the impact is greater still.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by SplashMtn View Post
    Get rid of the gravestones and brown ..er.... things on SSE's legs and the impact is greater still.
    I still can't believe the number of people who think those blocks were just errantly put there by some manager. Unlike the wand, they were designed by John Hench (chief designer of SSE geosphere) to be seen that way in relation with the sphere.

Now if you don't like them, that's fine, but I'd argue that at least they bring some shade to the area, something the original Epcot entrance did not.

• Banned User

The longer the rehab takes the better. I say shut it down for a year, remove the wand, and reopen it as the most amazing Epcot attraction ever!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast