Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Epcot’s Spaceship Earth is changing.. Official!

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter13 View Post
    Anyone else think the sphere should have giant metal cut-outs of all the continents? (wow....that sounds bad when I type it out) It's just, didn't they plan to make it look like the earth? After the fireworks are over, they even project the Earth rotating on it. Just something to make it look more like a planet? Heck, they could even make the "land masses" rotate while the actual "golf ball" part stays in place........of course that's asking a LOT and it's not really a big deal. I'm happy with that forsaken wand being demolished and hope that the hat in MGM would soon follow. Can't wait to see the inside after it's done too.
    That just sounds ugly to me. The whole original design of EPCOT Center was very much about nice, clean lines. Very modern.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

If SSE had giant metal cutouts of the continents on the outside, it would look like a giant mutant version of the Universal Studios globe.

Blog Entries

To be honest with you I can think of no better tribute to Epcot for its 25th anniversary than for its flagship attraction to be refurbed and given the love it deserves. Granted it would have been better if this were going on and it would reopen exactly on Epcot's 25th, but either way I think it is a glowing endorsement of Epcot.

IMO, Epcot is getting a 25th anniversary celebration whether its publically acknowledged or not. We've gotten the new Land, the new Seas, the new Mexico, the new Maelstrom is coming (although I haven't heard of any massive changes here), a new canada film, changes to the American Adventure, and then SSE. This is a celebration in and of itself to me.

Now there's still a few areas that need work. Imagination needs to go back to its glory days, UoE still sucks, and WoL is still a shuttered attraction. Also World Showcase needs one or two more attractions. If all of those things would get done at some point at well, Epcot would easily go back to being my favorite park of all time in Florida.

• "There's always my way"

I'm really impressed with these news about the updating of SSE. I've actually expereinced the second and the current SSE, and will be welcoming a new version that will hopefully bring SSE back to it's glory. I hope they really go all out with this version. I think Anthony Hopkins would be a great choice for the new narration. They also need to get a good composer to do the new soundtrack for this attraction. I'd say they should go with John Williams, Alan Silvestri or James Horner for this. I mean they did get the late Jerry Goldsmith to do Soarin' so I don't see why not getting an A list composer for this version. As for the video screens, I really hope they don't overuse this or replace AAs for these. The video screens could work for during time travel scenes only.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• May the F=ma be with you

This is some information form the Orlando Sentinel. It was posted on their website this morning. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...dlines-tourism
    Spaceship Earth's overhaul is not expected to affect the controversial, giant Mickey Mouse arm and wand structure that was added in 1999. The structure has been the target of heated criticism from some Epcot fans who say it clashes with the park's architecture.
    Last edited by WDW Monorail; 04-12-2007 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Wow, I just had the coolest phone call.

Some guy from Siemens calls about a job we are going to be doing for them and as I took the message at the end I went, "BTW, thanks so much for sponsoring SSE and cleaning it up a bit."

His response, "It's our pleasure! We have been looking forward to helping Epcot maintain the wonderful park it always has been, I'm very excited for the changes."

Not sure WHO I was talking to but it's nice to know that big corporations have disney fans in high places.

• Attn. Space Travelers....

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Wow, I just had the coolest phone call.

Some guy from Siemens calls about a job we are going to be doing for them and as I took the message at the end I went, "BTW, thanks so much for sponsoring SSE and cleaning it up a bit."

His response, "It's our pleasure! We have been looking forward to helping Epcot maintain the wonderful park it always has been, I'm very excited for the changes."

Not sure WHO I was talking to but it's nice to know that big corporations have disney fans in high places.

that IS good to know...
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Darn, it'll be closed in late October when I go.

Great that it's getting refurbed though! That's always good. Except for the wand... that needs to go NOW. It doesn't deserve a 10 year anniversary.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

George Takei? Anyone?

It sounds like with the ride only fully closed for a few months, that perhaps one show scene at a time will be covered in black curtains while the ride continues to operate, or something to that effect.

I'm SO scared that the narration (both the person and the script itself) and the music will not be as good as the current....<crossing fingers>

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Well... join my club then..
    Do you have cookies?

• Banned User

Yoyo... are you surprised? WDW in general has been slapped on the face more than enough... They forgot it's 30th and 35th anniversary!! Who cares about EPCOT's 25th or DAK's 10th?? Not to mention MGM's 20th in a coupld of years!!!
    MGM doesn't deserve an anniversary celebration. In fact, honestly, the way I see it, NONE of the individual parks do. Only the entire resort's anniversary should be celebrated.

• Vacation Club Member

Wow. People are really passionate about SSE. I am too. I loved the original narration by Walter Cronkite. But the only choice for narration is Sean Connery. The dude slays all the competition. And a tribute to Horizions would be nice. We all really miss Horizions. This is a most welcome change.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." Walt Disney

• Minion

The future I choose...the one where there is no wand or hat.

• Banned User

Well... join my club then..
    does it have dolewhip floats?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast