• Hello there

Blog Entries

Re: Is Bodyward EVER open?

I hate Body Wars . So glad when it is finally replaced
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• "There's always my way"

i didnt hate body wars, is just that is really dated. I went 2 years ago on dec 29th. The park was packed but there was nobody there. No wait for either attractions and this was mid-day. I miss how that pavilion used to get full. I always referred to that pavilion as the Land 2.0 minus the restaurants. Hey that'd be a good idea actually. Re-open another health related pavilion with new attractions and some healthy food stops.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I liked BODY WARS too. I wonder what this talk of a roller coaster is all about? Sounds like Space Mountain, will it take up the whole dome and be in the dark?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I actually like Body Wars better than Star Tours. Although I think if they did update it, the lame effects would have to be CG.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

EEEEK! One huge lighting strike and thunder just hit!!
    Chicken.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by naumoney View Post
    including a roller coaster.
    Oh great. a roller coaster. That is so lame.

• Rookie

Re: Is Body Wars EVER open?

I like Body Wars!

I won't say I love it, because I never got the chance to ride it. I'm planning a trip to WDW later this year (fingers crossed), but from what I heard, Body Wars closed for good back in January. Drat.

However, as I mentioned in this recent thread (Body Wars transcript onlinethanks to Patrick Hurd, I do now have the audio for Body Wars in source-quality MP3's, so at the Star Tours fansite that I write for, we recently updated an incomplete transcript of the 'sister attraction'.

The transcript:
    http://www.swstartours.net/cms/index...d=35&Itemid=54

What was intriguing to me as I compared my audio to some videos on YouTube was seeing the ham-handed edit in the 'lung' sequence. According to what I've read, part of the scene was edited out because the back and forth movement of the simulator as the lungs were 'breathing' was the most nauseating part of the ride.

I'm curious to know if that rather obvious edit (a crossfade in the middle of a seamless POV experience) was made before or AFTER a little girl collapsed while riding Body Wars, and died shortly after. I'd lay my money on afterward.

Lex

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Now come on people, who doesn't like seeing Elizabeth Shue when she was 12, I mean really. COME ON!

I think an update would be better, as Cmash stated, something healthy minded towards the kids of today would be most beneficial.

Although I wouldn't turn my nose down at a new thrill ride or ride through.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I think an update would be better, as Cmash stated, something healthy minded towards the kids of today would be most beneficial.

Although I wouldn't turn my nose down at a new thrill ride or ride through.
    THE MAKING OF ME, starring Britney Spears and her two sons?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Lex the Robot View Post
    I like Body Wars!

I won't say I love it, because I never got the chance to ride it. I'm planning a trip to WDW later this year (fingers crossed), but from what I heard, Body Wars closed for good back in January. Drat.

However, as I mentioned in this recent thread (Body Wars transcript onlinethanks to Patrick Hurd, I do now have the audio for Body Wars in source-quality MP3's, so at the Star Tours fansite that I write for, we recently updated an incomplete transcript of the 'sister attraction'.

The transcript:
    http://www.swstartours.net/cms/index...d=35&Itemid=54

What was intriguing to me as I compared my audio to some videos on YouTube was seeing the ham-handed edit in the 'lung' sequence. According to what I've read, part of the scene was edited out because the back and forth movement of the simulator as the lungs were 'breathing' was the most nauseating part of the ride.

I'm curious to know if that rather obvious edit (a crossfade in the middle of a seamless POV experience) was made before or AFTER a little girl collapsed while riding Body Wars, and died shortly after. I'd lay my money on afterward.

Lex
    See, I've never ridden Bodywars and I LOVE THE concept. I want to ride it and I wish I could ride it WITH the part that was edited. What's with all these lame people who get sick and cry on rides? Don't go on it then!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

I always enjoyed my time in this pavilion in its heyday. I've always thought that it's just about criminal when Disney closes down attractions that are in perfect working order, just to save a few bucks on staff. I never got sick on Body Wars (although I've always giggled at that crossfade in the lungs!). And I think Cranium Command is one of the best Disney attractions ever, even if the stars in it are pretty much all hasbeens by now.

I'm all for Disney getting off the pot and creating something completely new here. But then I wouldn't mind finding the pavilion open one more time on my next visit in December!

• Rookie

A friend of mine who works at Star Tours in Orlando emailed me this morning, and in response to my inquiry about Body Wars, he said that if attendance is high enough, it may reopen.

Lex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12