Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFan75
    I spent time playing in the parks with my equally Disney-loving friends and roommates. I learned more about business and life in those 7 months pulling trash and cleaning restrooms than I have in 3 years of college so far.
    So it sounds like you didn't get your first choice. That's why I put operations first and merchandise second. I'm a Disney Store CM... where do you THINK they will put me! I did ask for a pin location if possible though, so that's a plus. I'm glad to hear you had a bunch of fun roommates. I plan to do exactly was you did-- learn about business from the program. I have learned so much from my store alone, I can't even begin to ponder the parks! Where do you go to school WDWFan75 and what do you plan to major in/do? Is it Disney related?

• Frequent WDW Visitor

Well, I started out as a business major, but by the time I came back from the College Program (actually, even before I left), I knew I had to get out of that. I'm now majoring in Professional Development, which sounds fancy, but really means "whatever I feel like taking." So I'm diversifying, in business buzzword terms. I have some wonderful Disney people on my side -- managers, of course -- when I finish school and want to go into management (or whatever opportunity arises . I went to a small school in Texas (now I'm in their distance program instead of on campus) -- so small, in fact, that I had to drive 90 minutes to get to the interview, which I did at Baylor University in Waco.

• I was deleted.

I made it in! - See you in FL in the Fall. :)

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Hey everyone! I'm a little freshman up here in Minnesota and I just applied for the Disney College Program yesterday for next fall. I have talked to some alumni of the program; however, I wanted to get some of your thoughts, ideas, and advice from anyone who has anything to offer me. Also, any tips for the interview? Thanks so much!!
    I just got my letter yesterday. I wanted to let you know that I was accepted in the role of Operations. This suprised me that I wasn't placed in merchandise as most Disney Store Cast Memebers are. I will won't get any other details until I get there. I haven't picked my specific dates, but I will be there this fall, Aug-early Jan. I hope to meet a lot of MiceChatters. Thank you to all of the alumni for your support and advice. You are all amazing!!

Also, if anyone is currently going through the application process for this upcoming fall, please let me know! I'd love to meet you and possibly house with you. Just PM me.

UPDATE: I will be there Aug 17th - Jan 3rd.
    Last edited by BigPigletFan; 03-24-2005 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Dates

• CM Fall Advantage '05

Hi all,

I'm going on the CP as well -- I got the role of Vacation Planner. And yes, believe it or not I actually wanted that role. I like helping people plan vacations and doing everything possible to have them enjoy themselves. I'm leaving the last days of May to Disney for the Fall Advantage session. I'm from Texas by the way. Anyone else here going on the Fall Advantage for '05?

• The Concierge

Congratulations to all those who will be CP's!

It'll be great to have some new talent here in Orlando, and look forward to meeting you all at some point. If you're not used to two seasons (one hot, and the other hotter), brace for impact now!

But, there's never a lack of things to do here!

:-)

Ric
    Director, Concierge Services
    HOLLYWOOD TOWER HOTEL
    established 1939

and featuring
    TIP TOP CLUB

on the top floor

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardRiga
    Congratulations to all those who will be CP's!

It'll be great to have some new talent here in Orlando, and look forward to meeting you all at some point. If you're not used to two seasons (one hot, and the other hotter), brace for impact now!

But, there's never a lack of things to do here!

:-)

So I hear! I am looking forward to this fall and I hope to see a lot of MiceChatters while I am there.

And all of you who are coming down had better come and see me -- I got the AI for Disney Learning Centers, so I'll be in one of those locations starting June 15th. I have also have two friends who'll be down doing management internships, one in rooms and related at Coronado Springs, and another in merchandise at Downtown Disney.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    And all of you who are coming down had better come and see me -- I got the AI for Disney Learning Centers, so I'll be in one of those locations starting June 15th. I have also have two friends who'll be down doing management internships, one in rooms and related at Coronado Springs, and another in merchandise at Downtown Disney.
    Congrats! Did you just find out about your AI today? I have a friend that is still waiting to hear news on his. I will must have to meet up with you sometime then Kate.

I found out earlier this week, but I've been busy with finals and getting ready for graduation tonight.

(They're actually giving me a degree and letting me leave! Suckers.)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234