Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• I was deleted.

Disney College Program

Hey everyone! I'm a little freshman up here in Minnesota and I just applied for the Disney College Program yesterday for next fall. I have talked to some alumni of the program; however, I wanted to get some of your thoughts, ideas, and advice from anyone who has anything to offer me. Also, any tips for the interview? Thanks so much!!

• Quality not quantity

Interesting. Which of the "roles" are you applying for?

Bathroom cleaner, Laundress, peeling vegtibles or one of the other similar oppertunites?

• I was deleted.

Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner
    Interesting. Which of the "roles" are you applying for?

Bathroom cleaner, Laundress, peeling vegtibles or one of the other similar oppertunites?
    I am excited about the program. I don't exactly care for your pessimistic attitude. Also, I won't be peeling "vegtibles" anytime soon because that is virtually impossible since "vegtibles" do not exist. Thank you for your advice. I will be sure to stay far away from people like yourself.

Does anyone have any kind advice to share? I sure hope so.

• Rawr...

I dont really have any advice, but I am planning on doing that after my senior year, so I dont end up without any credits. Besides, if you did end up as a bathroom cleaner, you still get access to Disney World every day for half a year free. AND THOSE ARE THE HAPPIEST POTTIES ON EARTH!
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    I am excited about the program. I don't exactly care for your pessimistic attitude. Also, I won't be peeling "vegtibles" anytime soon because that is virtually impossible since "vegtibles" do not exist. Thank you for your advice. I will be sure to stay far away from people like yourself.

I'm sure that Kevin will be able to chime in. However, Moonliner's response wasn't really too far off base. There are a LOT of really bad jobs in this program and some bad housing. Not everyone reports a bad experience, but many do.

I think it was a much better program in the beginning.

Just be careful. Even if they promise you a particular job, you may not get it.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Stitch to the Rescue

Remember if you get Vista Way for housing, you will be in a world famous living area. It made Playboy's list a few years back. But if you can live off of about $60 a week after rent, taxes, electric, and everything else that comes out of the check. Also do not spend all your off hours at PI. Never was a CP but have a few friends that I keep in contact with. Also I was FT for a little over a year and a half. I am seasonal right now.

Sean

• I Hug My Tapirs

I did the College Program for a year, and I had a blast! I did my first program (Fall Adv '02) in Merchandise, in Adventureland/Pirates/Glow. I was with a great group - we really went out and had a blast, especially when we did Glow. I know some people have experiences where they hate their job. Yeah, it happens. Then again, my roommate worked in quick service food an beverage. She may have hated her actual job, but she really loved interacting with all the guests. I guess I just look at it this way - yeah, most of the jobs they give you are kind of the bum end. But you gotta make it fun for yourself. Not to mention the fact that you get free admission to WDW while you're there! I loved my program so much that I stayed on for a second program in Entertainment.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Practically Perfect

I got accepted to the program last time I applied, but couldn't go because I can't afford to loose any credit hours. Do you know if they have a summer program, or if there's any way to go the summer right after I graduate?

• I Hug My Tapirs

There's no more summer-only program (unless you're alumni, and you come back under seasonal status), but you can do the program the semester after you graduate. I believe the official rule is that you must be enrolled in college at the time of your interview.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan

OK, Looking back on that post it did come across much harsher than intended. My apologies. I was just making fun of the way the Disney site portrays a few of the positions. There was no malice directed at you. :o

• ISTC Instructor

I'm going to be an intern

Hey All,

I am going to be in the WDW College program from April to August. I got a "role" in operations so I either will be working one of the many attractions or the parking lot. Lets hope it's an attraction.

I also have started a website about my future adventures on the program. It's going to have updates from me about the program and what's going on in Disney World as well as pictures of the park that I'll be taking with my new digital camera. The address is wdwadven.freeownhost.com At the moment it looks the best with a resolution of 1024 by 768 or higher.

Hey Doc,

I'm an alumni from Fall of 2002, a current campus rep for the program at Oklahoma and I'll hopefully be going back either as an Advanced Intern or doing a Fall Advantage CP this fall. I noticed you're doing what basically amounts to a summer program; are you an alumni, or at a school on a quarter system? How did you get accepted and a role already? (The recruiting season for Fall/Fall Adv officially starts tomorrow, so I'm curious!)

• ISTC Instructor

Kate,

I am going to be on the program the first time this April, but have been waiting for quite a while (since Junior High) to do it. I am a freshman at a local community college in Vancouver, Washington, just north of Portland, Oregon. The college I am in is on a quarter system and so I am doing the Spring Quarter program for Disney World. I could have done the Spring advantage program which is from January to August, but I wanted to go on a shorter program because it will be my first time. Perhaps next year I'll do an advantage program.

Sometime in the future I hope to do an advanced program as well. I really want to work somewhere within the Walt Disney Corporation and think this is a great way to get your feet wet. You can learn more about me at my website. wdwadven.freeownhost.com

• I was deleted.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner
    OK, Looking back on that post it did come across much harsher than intended. My apologies. I was just making fun of the way the Disney site portrays a few of the positions. There was no malice directed at you. :o
    I'm sorry that I read you wrong Moonliner.

Thanks for the information about the program. I will let you all know what happens after my interview on Monday and then after that if this thread is still open. Hopefully everything will be good for me? Wish me luck! Thanks

My advice to you is to have fun! You're so very lucky... I had pretty much planned on going and looked forward to it all though high school... but it just didn't happen. *sigh*

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast