• Official Mice Chat person

Satalite Photo of WDW resort

Can someone help me out? I'd really like to see one. I've seen ones of DL, and they are just really entertaining to look at. I'd be interested to see one of WDW. Thanks.

• Mostly Harmless.

I just deleted the one I had, every time I opened it my computer shut down.... If pizzapants ever gets on again he can hook ya up.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

If you could give me the address I can type it into google maps, and it will give me a satalite photo.

• WDW FAN

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    If you could give me the address I can type it into google maps, and it will give me a satalite photo.

try this

http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q...uena+Vista,+FL

if you want a street, try World Drive, LBV, FL

Thanks, I used the address and found it. WOW! The parks are extremely spread out, so huge! Epcot is so far away from the Magic kingdom, I had to follow the monorail for what seemed a mile to find it. lol. The picture had a glitch and can't show anything south of Epcot, in what direction is the animal kingdom and Disney MGM studios? Sorry for all the questions, I plan to visit WDW and I just want to get a feel for the lay out of where the parks are located. One last question, does the monorail take you to all 4 different parks?

• WDW FAN

if you zoom in on epcot and using epcot as a clock, the studios would be located at 7:30.

on that same map, zoomed out, where is changes from clear to blurry, and way to the left of the studios is DAK....does that help? kinda hard to describe to someone, who doesn't know street names there. i could tell you so much easier..

the monorail only goes to the following locations: MK, Epcot, TTC (ticket and transportation center), The Grand Floridian, The Poly and The Contemp Reorts. MK and Epcot are seperated by, i think, 5 miles of mororail track. disney has a mass transportation system, buses to everywhere that is disney.

WDW is 47 sq miles

Quote Originally Posted by gwbeachjr
    if you zoom in on epcot and using epcot as a clock, the studios would be located at 7:30.

on that same map, zoomed out, where is changes from clear to blurry, and way to the left of the studios is DAK....does that help? kinda hard to describe to someone, who doesn't know street names there. i could tell you so much easier..

the monorail only goes to the following locations: MK, Epcot, TTC (ticket and transportation center), The Grand Floridian, The Poly and The Contemp Reorts. MK and Epcot are seperated by, i think, 5 miles of mororail track. disney has a mass transportation system, buses to everywhere that is disney.

WDW is 47 sq miles
    Wow, thanks for all of that, very helpful.

• WDW FAN

you're welcome. if you want more tips let me know. i'm more than happy to assist.

• Rock Star Minion

terraserver works as well. Under "famous places," it has MK and EPCOT.

here
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• I am Tron!

I know it's not a sat. map, but try this to get a "to-scale" idea of the layout of WDW:
    http://www.disney.ca/vacations/disne...pdf/wdwmap.pdf

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    One last question, does the monorail take you to all 4 different parks?
    Nope, only the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. There are actually 3 separate monorail loops. 2 of them are from the Transportation and Ticket Center (at the main MK parking lot). One of them is the express loop, which goes counter-clockwise from the parking lot to the main gate of the MK. The other look goes clockwise, but stops at all the hotels on the loop (the Polynesian, the Grand Floridian, and the Contemporary, as well as the parking lot and the MK). The 3rd loop goes over to Epcot. Once they built D/MGM Studios, it was deemed not cost effective to continue expanding the monorails.

^^^In other words, they were too damn cheap!