Solo dining suggestions

I am going to make some reservations for my trip next month and wanted to have some new experiences. Since it is just me price is less of an issue (1 of everything vs. 5 of everyting). What would be some good suggestions for solo diners? I want to stary in the parks as I do not have a lot of extra time to hop around.

Current ideas (3 nights of dinners):
    50' Prime Time Cafe
    Coral Reef

Need other suggestions, nothing at MK is jumping out at me (Have done Liberty Tree and Tony's)

• Banned User

Re: Solo dining suggestions

Boma at AKL. Ohana at Poly. Citricos at GFL. I can't recommend the eateries within the parks. Sorry.

• Attn. Space Travelers....

well...if money isntan object, then try:

the California Grille at the Contemporary
    Artist's Pointe at Fort Wilderness
    Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

The Table restaurant at Norway in Epcot is also very good .

Never Tried '' Le Café de France '' at Pavillion de La France

If you are wanting just to eat in the parks.... well I can say without a doubt the best park to dine in is Epcot. There are so many good restaurants to choose from. Le Cellier in the Canada pavilion at Epcot is one of my favorites for food quality (great Filet Mignon!! and the cheddar cheese soup is fantastic!). Rose & Crown in England has good food and if you time your dinner reserevation right you could request patio seating and get a great view for Illuminations. Yeppanyaki in Japan pavilion has wonderful Japaneese food. There are so many other great choices at Epcot I haven't mentioned, I think it will depend on your cuisine preference.

For dining in the Animal Kingdom, most of the places are counter or kiosk service ..except for Rainforest Cafe. Tusker House and Flame Tree Barbecue have good food if you decide to go with counter service. The earlier suggestion about Boma at the AK Lodge is really a great place to eat... its not in the park but very close.

MGM.. Sci Fi Dine in has great atmosphere but I didn't think the food was that fantastic compared to the 50's Prime Time Cafe. Personally I like the 50's Prime Time Cafe the most but there are other good places to eat like Mamma Melroses and of course the Brown Derby which to me is over priced.

MK... you named the best two already Liberty Tree and Tony's Town Square. I think everything else ...except Cinderella's Royal Table is counter service.

Good luck, have fun and Bon Appetit!

Talking Re: Solo dining suggestions

Sorry had a typo in my message above... Teppanyaki is the name of the restaurant in Japan pavilion at Epcot.

I would suggest Californoa Grill at the Contemporary also. Ask for a seat by the open kitchen. It's fun to watch them prepare food (sushi) and the employees are very nice.

Canada is nice in Epcot or outside at the United Kingdom

Animal Kingdom has Rainforest but that gets OLD FAST.

MGM has Sci-fi & 50's

At MK we eat at Pecos and people watch

• Starwisher

NARCOOSSEE'S! Pricey, but oh, so worth it! You get a great view of the lagoon and the MK fireworks if you time it right. Their shrimp cocktail is unique and so good, and I always order Surf & Turf, always perfect. The service is wonderful, and the desserts.

Oh, the desserts.

Sugared-almond crusted cheesecake with black cherries and whipped cream on the side. Also a to-die-for chocolate cake.
    Don't make me come in there!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Another vote for the California Grill, although at this late date you're going to be hard pressed to find a decent dining time. The Bistro de Paris in Epcot is really excellent, and for some reason doesn't book up as fast as its big brother Le Chefs de France. You might also try Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge - very different, but very very tasty!

Finally made my reservations, only one not available was Coral Reef. California Grill was available very late but I did not realize there was a dress code and didn't want to go back and change (twice).

Reservations:
    Primetime Cafe (Dinner)
    Liberty Tree (Lunch)
    Open dinner at Epcot (was Coral Reef) will probably do Sushi
    Breakfastsaurus
    Chef De' France (Lunch)
    Tony's Town Square (Dinner)

I will be curious to see how I do on Sunday. I am starting at 8:00am at AK for Breakfast and planning on staying for extra hours at Magic Kingdom. At least I know I can eat as much as I want at breakfast as I will be walking all day!

Skawt

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Skawt View Post
    California Grill was available very late but I did not realize there was a dress code and didn't want to go back and change (twice).
    What did they tell you about the dress code? In the past it's been resort casual, which includes nice shorts and a golf type shirt and tennis shoes. They just don't want ragged tshirts and jean cutoffs up there. Wondering if they're maybe getting even more strict?

She did say resort casual. I am only going to have business attire and shorts/t-shirts with me plus the only time available was for 9:15pm which was a little later than I wanted.