Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POFQ advice

Question POFQ advice

I am planning a birthday trip to WDW in Aug. and thinking of staying at POFQ. Since I have never stayed here before, which building would you recommend and why?
    Thanks!
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: POFQ advice

Honestly, any building is good, since the resort is so small. If you want to be by the food court/pool area or want some private room, it's really more of where you are in the buildings than the buildings themselves.

that being said....Building 1 is the one that I like the most. Close to the river, yet not far away that the walk would seem long. Or, if you want some privacy, and want to be close to Riverside if you think you will go there a lot, then Building 7 is the way to go.

Personally, I enjoy Buildings 1 and 2 the most though. I enjoy my river view.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

depending on what you want, building 1 or 2 would be the best bet for close to the facilities (i think, been a while since i stayed there..)

the food court is nice, the pool is themed decent, the bus service is adequate...

• Former CM

My wife and I stayed there for our Honeymoon (10 years this Sept) and loved it. If we go to WDW this year we will be staying there again if not then for sure next year. It's small, cozy and quiet.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyParkFan View Post
    I am planning a birthday trip to WDW in Aug.
    I know your birthday is in mid-August... but any hint as to what dates you were thinking of? yoyo and I will be there for a week in late August. I'd love to see you again!

• She was sweet as a peach

I have never paid attention to the buildings. But I love the resort! The grounds are beautiful.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I agree about Building 1 and 2, but I would also like to add Building 5, its in the middle and close to the pool.

We have stayed in that building twice and have always enjoyed the close proximity but its true, the resort is small enough that really, no building is bad.

The farthest building at the top corner facing the golf course is great. At Port Orleans there is no far walk to anything in the resort.

Number one, the resort is so compact that, when you talk about convenience or being close to something, the exact building you're in will make no substantial difference.

And by the way, Building 1 is the farthest building from any of the facilities except for the boat dock.

But farthest is a relative term. If you put Bill Gates, Oprah Winfrey, Donald Trump and the Queen of England in a room, Oprah would be the "poor" person in the room. Yet she's hardly poor. So I hope you can understand that analogy to building locations at POFQ.

Here's a link to a resort map:
    http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/portorleans.jpg

Cool Re: POFQ advice

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    I know your birthday is in mid-August... but any hint as to what dates you were thinking of? yoyo and I will be there for a week in late August. I'd love to see you again!
    Haven't made the ressies yet. There is a faculty meeting this Friday and I am hoping the principal will present/announce the school calendar for next year. Found out indirectly she is hoping to start school around August 20th with faculty meetings probably then being the week of August 13th. So to make a long story short (too late!) I am thinking/planning on going to WDW the week of August 6-12.
    It would have been fun to see you again. Well, we both will have to write a trip report when we get back, but tell yoyo I am considering getting a riverview request for my room. I "likes" my "waterview".
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• I was deleted.

fan! Yea, we are going once you start back to school then. Bummer though! I'm sure you'll have fun. When we were at POFQ with the yoyo clan last summer we were only there to sleep because it was party all day long in the parks and DTD! But I do agree on the water view.. that would be nice too. I enjoyed it at the Poly when we were there (we stayed at 2 resorts last time) as we actually spent time enjoying the atmosphere of the Poly, dining, etc.

• Mouse Extra Dave

I also agree that building 1 is probably the best, but to be fair it doesn't really matter all that much like others have said. Here's my review of the place if you are interested in reading more..

http://www.mouseextra.com/2007/03/02...rench-quarter/
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."
    Mouse Extra
    feeding the Disney addiction daily
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

• Banned User

it's been almost 5 years since we stayed at FQ but really liked the room. the bus service is better there I think because the resort is so compact. I can't remember the exact building we stayed at but it was at the far end near the parking lot. as bpf said we didn't spend alot of time in the room, we spent more time at the parks. I am looking forward to seeing this resort again as the MC invasion is using it as it's " base of operations" this fall. gonna be lots of fun!!!

• Attn. Space Travelers....

POFQ smells really nice!!! thats about all i can say as i havent stayed there in about 15 years....
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• The one, the only...

I don't think that building choice is as important as other resorts because the walk either to the buses or the main building is not that bad. I know you will enjoy the resort.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast