Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Can someone please answer my question?

I was just wondering if Walt Disney World had something to Disneyland Resort of Anaheim's Walk of Magical Moments. You know, the bricks in the esplanade that guests can purchase and inscribed would be a name, date, etc. Does Disneyworld have anything like this? If so, can someone please give me some information. Thanks.

• Banned User

Re: Can someone please answer my question?

Walt Disney World 'used' to have the walk around the world program. they currently have the 'take your photo and we put it on a metal thing which is put on granite stones in the entree plaza area of Epcot (EP-ity-COT). if you wish to query about a brick, visit city hall in the magic kingdom, they might have some little bit on information to give you on who to contact, as I have seen many 2006 and 2 2007 bricks in the area around the turnstiles for Magic Kingdom...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

WDW has the Walk Around the World, which starts at the Magic Kingdom entrance and circles the Seven Seas Lagoon. I don't know if they still sell bricks. I bought mine in 1995--I'm in front of the Monorail station near the boat docks.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Disney did, in about 1996. It was called Disney's Walk Around the World, and the goal was to create a walkway around the Seven Seas Lagoon. However, they closed the program around 1998-1999 I believe. You can still see many guests' bricks around the Magic Kingdom and the Ticket and Transportation Center.

At EPCOT however, they introduced the Leave a Legacy program, when you can etch an image into a metallic tile and have it placed on monuments in EPCOT's entrance plaza. Many people think this looks like a cementary however.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Ok time for cocoa

I believe there is something similar in front of EPCOT. Do not remember its name, but we did it back in 2001.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Disney did, in about 1996. It was called Disney's Walk Around the World, and the goal was to create a walkway around the Seven Seas Lagoon. However, they closed the program around 1998-1999 I believe. You can still see many guests' bricks around the Magic Kingdom and the Ticket and Transportation Center.
    the main program ended in middle of 2000, or so i was not told by someone...

Cough*go to City hall and ask... they should be able to direct you to the right direction on who to talk to or call or email or whatever to query about the bricks* cough

man I need to get some better cough medicine...

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

They still sell them out in front of the Magic Kingdom in the day time. $250 a piece.

Blog Entries

it's worth asking. I know that allears.net says that they're not selling anymore but that's not official of course. It couldn't hurt to ask. I know the big thing now is those horrid leave a legacy tombstones in front of SSE.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    the main program ended in middle of 2000, or so i was not told by someone...

Cough*go to City hall and ask... they should be able to direct you to the right direction on who to talk to or call or email or whatever to query about the bricks* cough

man I need to get some better cough medicine...
    if you didn't figure it out, he checked into it and the family bought one recently. the cost was $300. He also did the leave a legacy at epcot and I believe the cost of that ran $30ish. the bricks are supposed to last for 10 years and some of them i must admit are in really bad shape. but then they are walked on alot. We also have a brick at DL that we havent seen yet. we bought it in 2005 so we are looking forward to seeing it in june.

• Attn. Space Travelers....

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    I believe there is something similar in front of EPCOT. Do not remember its name, but we did it back in 2001.
    thats Leave a Legacy
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post

At EPCOT however, they introduced the Leave a Legacy program, when you can etch an image into a metallic tile and have it placed on monuments in EPCOT's entrance plaza. Many people think this looks like a cementary however.
    Hah! That's funny. A few months ago I was with my 8 year old son at Disneyland and we were standing in the entry plaza near these bricks and he asks, "Daddy, are people buried here?"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nigel Channing View Post
    They still sell them out in front of the Magic Kingdom in the day time. $250 a piece.
    Wow, hadn't seen that kiosk open for a while. Didn't know they were still being sold. And at $250? I guess mine at $100 was a steal.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I have a brick that's by the flagpoles at the TTA. I've visited it a few times. I wasn't able to find it the last couple times I looked but I was in a hurry so I plan on taking extra time to look next month.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

dang, someone told me before our last trip that they weren't selling them anymore....so, we looked into the Epcot things.....but, they look scary. I want a brick SO bad......we might get one on this trip. Just wish they weren't SO freakin expensive.

• Banned User

question a cast member at city hall if you wish to have a query about a brick.

they will be able to direct you in the correct direction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast