Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

SpaceShip Earth Changes and details

Rather then endless threads on emotions about SSE and other rants.. thought we might talk about the actual changes happening for SSE. There have been a lot of links and bits posted, but not much discussion about them. So I wonder if many actually followed the links? Plus.. they were tainted with the stupid L word. Here's a few summaries

Enhancements to the time-travel attraction will encompass changes to each of the ride scenes. New show scenes will be added to the attraction's story along with new lighting effects, costumes, set decoration, narration and musical score" - Mouseclub
    Interesting that they said 'added' and not just changed! New narration and music

But a Disney spokesperson is quoted by the Sentinel) as saying

Cara Allen, another Disney spokeswoman, said the globe renovations will take place later this year, updating everything from the lighting and audio effects to the exhibits themselves. There even will be interactive touch screens installed in ride cars, enabling visitors to create their own visions of the future.
    So wonder if it's updating, or actually changing the story of many of the scenes?

As many have drawn the comparison to the extinct Horizon's 'interactive' element to the ride. I wonder if the interaction will only be in the vehicle, compared to onscreen as it was in Horizons.

Project Tomorrow: Inventing the World of Tomorrow is the new post show area that will include interactive exhibits. The post show area is already under way and will re-open late this month. The exhbits will include

- An illuminated globe measuring 20 feet in diameter that will offer an ever-changing collage of inspirational images that invite guests to imagine the wonders of tomorrow.

- Body Builder, a 3-D game that enables users to assemble a digital human body, simulating the Siemens technology developed to perform remote surgeries.

- Super Driver, a driving simulation video game that showcases motor vehicle accident and avoidance systems developed by Siemens.

I wonder how these elements will be presented. Does this mean yet another innovations type area?? More attractions you'll never get to play with when its crowded?

20' globe tho.. that's pretty darn big

The other show elements are meant to be phased in, but also include a shutdown of the attraction (through the summer most sources say). Mouseclub states it will not be complete until early 2008. Other's state it will open in Nov.

The Sentinel quotes Allen (Disney Spokesperson) as saying the Wand will not be affected by the update. Our resident incognito Dr Nigel C. claims it will be.

• Banned User

Re: SpaceShip Earth Changes and details

So are they going to have another incarnation of the Fun Phones and the Alice in Wonderland TV series like they did a looooooong time ago?

• If We Can Dream It...

Maybe I'm just crazy but, this 20' globe that they talk about seems to remind me of the old Travel Port "globe" in Communicore. Wonder how similar the end product will be.
    - Horizonsfan

• If We Can Dream It...

Alright I thought this might be note worthy; a new logo has been created for Spaceship Earth, slightly like the old ones that Epcot got rid of. You can see pictures of it and other changes at "***magic.com" Fill in the *** and you'll know the site.
    - Horizonsfan

I was told last evening from a few of the cm's there that many of the existing AA's throughout the ascent portion are going to be replaced with the newer more fluid models similar to the new Captain Jack AA's over at Magic Kingdom. Was also told that they have been told July 7th will be the last day of operation for the exisiting version.

• If We Can Dream It...

Quote Originally Posted by TarzanRocked99-06 View Post
    I was told last evening from a few of the cm's there that many of the existing AA's throughout the ascent portion are going to be replaced with the newer more fluid models similar to the new Captain Jack AA's over at Magic Kingdom. Was also told that they have been told July 7th will be the last day of operation for the exisiting version.
    This is excellent! So they'll be doing the entire AA replacement; like what they did to The American Adventure in the 90's?
    - Horizonsfan

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by TarzanRocked99-06 View Post
    Was also told that they have been told July 7th will be the last day of operation for the exisiting version.
    Im there til July 3rd and will not miss the ride that I love the most.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by horizonsfan92 View Post
    Maybe I'm just crazy but, this 20' globe that they talk about seems to remind me of the old Travel Port "globe" in Communicore. Wonder how similar the end product will be.
    I miss the old communicore greatly. All the 'newsboards' etc. Was a great meet point as well as it was full of chairs

• Main Street with a friend

This is great. I wonder how they will change the musical score. The current score is a bit repetitive. Why start the project in the summer, though? What is reasoning for the timing?
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• Banned User

I am praying for the return of Tomorrow's Child. I miss it. I only got to ride it a few times before they dropped it.

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

My guess as to why they are starting in the summer, assuming that July 7th is the close date, is that they wanted to make sure it opened in time for the Holiday Rush and the sponsor or the ride demanded/required the ride be rehabbed before winter next year.

• Former Epcot CM

You know what. This gives me faith in Epcot's future.

People bemoan the minor additions of Nemo and Grand Fiesta as too 'Disney' for Epcot - then you look at what is going on at Spaceship Earth. Everything that is happening over there is in the true spirit of EPCOT Center. I can't wait to see the new Siemens exhibit - it sounds like a real Innoventions.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Banned User

Great. Another major attraction down during the summer. WDW for years neglects it's attractions, and then suddenly, when they decide to do something about some of them, they do it during the summer. The executives at that place are so schizo.

• If We Can Dream It...

Siemens seems to be a sponsor that actually cares, as opposed to the money-hungry sponsors (GM & McDonald's jump to mind) or the near-nonexistant sponsors (such as HP and Alamo). It seems like Siemens realizes that, in addition to making sure their name gets out, the attraction they're sponsoring needs to represent their company in the best possible way. I give a big and a little to Siemens.
    - Horizonsfan

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    Great. Another major attraction down during the summer. WDW for years neglects it's attractions, and then suddenly, when they decide to do something about some of them, they do it during the summer. The executives at that place are so schizo.
    I think attitudes vary person to person, but personally I'm glad that I'm getting this refurbishment at all and I'm not going to concentrate on Disney's timing of it.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California