33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd like to see a site featuring discontinued WDW attractions

30 90.91%
  • Not in favor

3 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• "There's always my way"

Thumbs up How about a Yesterworld site?

I think someone should make a Yesterland version of Walt Disney World and give it some name like yesterworld. I think Werner Wise or someone from MiceAge should do something like this but for the WDW resort. I think it'll be an appropriate time for this since the parks are almost all 20+ years old or about to turn 20 (MGM), except Animal Kingdom of course which is reaching it's 10th. What do you all think? Any ideas for a name for this site? I think YesterWorld has some kind of ring to it.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• Gobble GOBBLE

Re: How about a Yesterworld site?

I think it's a great idea. And for coming up with it, I nominate you to take reigns and get it done.
    That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

• May the F=ma be with you

I know of one site that is dedicated to "Lost EPCOT". It would be nice to see a general WDW site though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• "There's always my way"

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonD View Post
    I think it's a great idea. And for coming up with it, I nominate you to take reigns and get it done.
    Oh no, I'm not that talented to make a good site like that. "YesterWorld" deserves some good treatment because most of the debunked attractions were really good. Thanks for the nomination though

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• MiceAge Columnist

There are several already. I started one and didn't have the time to finish it - http://www.ultimateorlando.com/extinct/index.html

(note at the bottom left the links to other such sites, many more advanced than mine)
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

http://home.cfl.rr.com/omniluxe/wyw.htm

This is the best Yesterworld site I've ever seen, they have a ton of information.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• If We Can Dream It...

There's also:

http://waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/index.htm

A nice site though its a little lite on facts.
    - Horizonsfan

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    http://home.cfl.rr.com/omniluxe/wyw.htm

This is the best Yesterworld site I've ever seen, they have a ton of information.
    This is one of the best. Love them!

• I was deleted.

This would take a lot of time and effort to construct, maintain and update though. I think all of us would like to see something of this nature, but as Kevin Yee said in his most recent article, things change (even the same attractions change) very often at WDW to keep up.

• Banned User

Warner should do this. It would be a rip off if somebody else made a "Yester" site.

It would be a great idea.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Widen Your World is probably the best and premier Yesterworld site. It's fun to browse through from time to time.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I'd be up for working to get one together as best as possible. It would just require a lot of cooperation between people with time and people with memories. HKDL Source started here on MiceChat in much the same manner.

• Delawarean Girl

Yes, I would like a YesterWorld site too.

I can think of two topics that they could talk about. Mr.Toad's Wild Ride & Captain EO.

Personally, I don't like the basic concept of a segregated Yester forum. I think it's important for "things from the past" to inspire new ideas and discussions for what might be done in the Tomorrow. Having a separate forum to discuss attractions, people, and things of the past...is getting way too segmented, IMHO.

A whole lot of people never visit the Yester forum.

I refuse to post in the Disneyland Yester forum (unless someone asks me to) for this very reason. And I feel very strongly about it. And would like to see that one dissolved and those subjects folded right back into the general Disneyland forum, so more folks might be inspired by the past, and not just reminisce and pine for the "old days."

I feel that so many more people (especially younger ones) that weren't around "back then" might be exposed to important historical info on the Parks...if they came across them in the regular forum.

Another Disney bulletin board has created separate forums for each Park's "Trip Reports." I think that's a bad idea too.

What next? Ride forums by Park? Restaurant forums by Park? Shop forums by Park?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    Personally, I don't like the basic concept of a segregated Yester forum. I think it's important for "things from the past" to inspire new ideas and discussions for what might be done in the Tomorrow. Having a separate forum to discuss attractions, people, and things of the past...is getting way too segmented, IMHO.

A whole lot of people never visit the Yester forum.

I refuse to post in the Disneyland Yester forum (unless someone asks me to) for this very reason. And I feel very strongly about it. And would like to see that one dissolved and those subjects folded right back into the general Disneyland forum, so more folks might be inspired by the past, and not just reminisce and pine for the "old days."

I feel that so many more people (especially younger ones) that weren't around "back then" might be exposed to important historical info on the Parks...if they came across them in the regular forum.

Another Disney bulletin board has created separate forums for each Park's "Trip Reports." I think that's a bad idea too.

What next? Ride forums by Park? Restaurant forums by Park? Shop forums by Park?
    I think this is more for a seperate website such as Yesterland.com and not a forum. I do agree with you sentiments. In the ficticous words of Jay Rasulo, "Who's Walt?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast