Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Defying gravity

Getting Good Airfares to Orlando.....?

Does anyone have any tips, suggestions, etc. for getting good airfare to Orlando? Are airfares really lower on Tuesdays? Any internet sites with codes for discounts?

Re: Getting Good Airfares to Orlando.....?

check mouse savers they post codes sometimes.

•   

Try Orbitz and then Travelocity. Once you find a low fare, go to that airline's website and try again with the times that you found on Orbitz or Travelocity. The fares are usually $5 lower since that is what Orbitz charges as a booking fee (at least they used to).

Fares are usually lower on Tue, Wed and Thu. They can also be lower on red-eye flights. Sometimes, if you wait until just after midnight to do a search you can find cheap airfares. This is because airlines release the airfares that were on hold each night at midnight local time.

I don't know what city you live in so I can't give you an idea of what price ranges are good and bad. Assuming you live in SoCal, the best airfare you are going to find is going to be about $235. That's $99 each way plus all of the taxes. Delta, United and American have non stop flights from LAX to MCO. If you book early enough, they can be just as cheap as one-stop flights. I prefer Delta since they now usually have live TV on that route.

Finally, if MCO is too expensive try TPA or DAB. They are only about an hour away and tickets can be substantially cheaper if you have to book close to departure time.

If you have any questions about travel I will be glad to answer. I have been traveling for work for the past 9 years, so I work the system pretty well.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

This was almost 15 years ago, but I remember in 1993 when my parents & I flew down here from MI on vacation, it was $100 cheaper per person to fly into Tampa than Orlando.

Orlando has LOTS of cheap flights. I recommend JetBlue if they fly where you're from. The best search engine I've found is www.sidestep.com. It's the same engine as kayak but has a much better interface. Tues-Thu are cheaper usually.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by bluntman View Post
    Orlando has LOTS of cheap flights. I recommend JetBlue if they fly where you're from. The best search engine I've found is www.sidestep.com. It's the same engine as kayak but has a much better interface. Tues-Thu are cheaper usually.
    Yes, sidestep since fairechaser.com is now gone. Great way to search. Best of luck finding a deal!!

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoMatt View Post
    Try Orbitz and then Travelocity. Once you find a low fare, go to that airline's website and try again with the times that you found on Orbitz or Travelocity. The fares are usually $5 lower since that is what Orbitz charges as a booking fee (at least they used to).

Fares are usually lower on Tue, Wed and Thu. They can also be lower on red-eye flights. Sometimes, if you wait until just after midnight to do a search you can find cheap airfares. This is because airlines release the airfares that were on hold each night at midnight local time.

I don't know what city you live in so I can't give you an idea of what price ranges are good and bad. Assuming you live in SoCal, the best airfare you are going to find is going to be about $235. That's $99 each way plus all of the taxes. Delta, United and American have non stop flights from LAX to MCO. If you book early enough, they can be just as cheap as one-stop flights. I prefer Delta since they now usually have live TV on that route.

Finally, if MCO is too expensive try TPA or DAB. They are only about an hour away and tickets can be substantially cheaper if you have to book close to departure time.

If you have any questions about travel I will be glad to answer. I have been traveling for work for the past 9 years, so I work the system pretty well.
    I live in far west Texas, so we can't get a direct flight to Orlando. We would either have to stop in Houston or Dallas. The cheapest I've gotten so far is about $350.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Use Ding! from southwest. And sign up for the airline's email alert stuff.

Using Ding! got us $79!! roundtrip to MCO on our last trip. Booked about 3 months out no less...

• Another trip down I-4

Southwest and Airtran both have hubs out of Orlando, so it's a good chance they might have something decent.

• She was sweet as a peach

Pricewatch has a pretty good listing of cheap flights.

I've been quoting flights on Northwest from Indianapolis to Orlando. They have by far been the cheapest for a non-stop flight. I dont do layovers.

I just look straight to their own website. I have found nothing different on the travelocity, priceline, etc. I forget whether it is Tuesday late night at midnight or Wednesday late night at midnight, where airlines change their fares.

I used to fly ATA. I knew the owner of the whole airline. I miss flying with ATA.
    - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

• Mouse Extra Dave

JetBlue is my airline of choice, but they have limited non-stop offerings. The planes are so nice, however, that I am often willing to spring a couple of bucks more just to go with them
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."
    Mouse Extra
    feeding the Disney addiction daily
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Use Ding! from southwest. And sign up for the airline's email alert stuff.

Using Ding! got us $79!! roundtrip to MCO on our last trip. Booked about 3 months out no less...
    I concur on Southwest, I get emails all the time from $49-$99 one way. They usually have the cheapest prices I found.

• Disneyholic

Not Sure from Texas but from BWI the cheapest fare seems to always be Southwest, running about 79$ with 14 day advanced purchase. They have sales sometimes that drop it down to 45$ one way. Seems to almost always be about half the price of Airtran and the others.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

•   

Right now Southwest is having another sale. You can get $84 one way fares from San Antonio to Tampa for travel in May or June. El Paso has some sale fares, but there are none to Florida.

I have also tried ELP to HOU and ELP to DAL. The first legs are cheap, but the last one to Orlando or Tampa always brings the fare to around $350.

You could always try Priceline.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast