• Sailing Away

Mother's Day at WDW

Hey gang. I'm going to be at WDW on Mother's Day (with my mother, of course) and I want to do something special for her.....but I'm not sure what is available. I thought of sending flowers to the room - does anyone have experience with this? I was also thinking I could send her for a facial at the GF or SS, but that is getting a little expensive. If anyone has any ideas or experience, let me know! Thanks!
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: Mother's Day at WDW

why don't you get a basket and stuff it full of things you know she likes? Her favorite mags to read by the pool....her favorite candy or chocolate...some new nail polish...a pin (if she likes that trading stuff)...some flowers? Just stuff it full of stuff you know she likes. Maybe even an ornament from MK with Happy Mothers Day 2007, I love you written on it.

• Sailing Away

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    Maybe even an ornament from MK with Happy Mothers Day 2007, I love you written on it.
    I love that idea! Thanks! I'm sure a Mother's Day pin will be out - are there Mother's Day ornaments as well? If not, I can just find something with the castle on it - she loves the castle.
    - Walt Disney

• Banned User

epcot has a mother's day buffet from 9am-3pm. i believe the cost is around 46.00 plus tax and gratuity. the flower and garden festival is going to be going on at epcot as well so there will be lots of pretty topiaries and flowers and they also have afternoon concerts i cant remember who is performing on mother's day. it might be on the wdw website somewhere.

• Sailing Away

Thanks Cmash. Where is the buffet being held exactly? I've already been checking out the IFAGF photos - just gorgeous!
    - Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by sealsm View Post
    Thanks Cmash. Where is the buffet being held exactly? I've already been checking out the IFAGF photos - just gorgeous!
    It's held in the convention center in World Showcase near the UK.

• She was sweet as a peach

I think they give moms flowers on Mother's Day at Epcot. The whole weekend is themed for Mother's Day.

A collection of experiences would be nice.

Theoretical example:

Start off, like you suggest, with flowers to the room in the morning. After that, go to the Epcot Buffet.

Then, a nice intermezzo of chocolate-covered strawberries and "girl drinks" at the pool. Shopping would then be a great activity to pass the time till evening.

Dinner time! Though keep this step optional because she may be stuffed at this point! If so, coffee and a stroll.

Since she loves the castle, I think ending the day with fireworks at MK would be awesome!
    "The greatest expression of rebellion is joy." - Joss Whedon

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    It's held in the convention center in World Showcase near the UK.
    World Showplace to be exact.. the old millennium village.

• Sailing Away

Thanks for the location, guys.

Jane - Flowers from Epcot sound cool. Nice to know!

Robotwolf - Fab! I especially love the chocolate and drinks park. We will have to try and catch Wishes that evening.
    - Walt Disney

• KING OF CABMF'S

Hey gang. I'm going to be at WDW on Mother's Day (with my mother, of course) and I want to do something special for her.....but I'm not sure what is available. I thought of sending flowers to the room - does anyone have experience with this? I was also thinking I could send her for a facial at the GF or SS, but that is getting a little expensive. If anyone has any ideas or experience, let me know! Thanks!
    well, there are so many options at disney world, there is the downtown disney experiences, the parks of course, and one thing that many mothers enjoy is going out to lunch or brunch. i remember going to GF for brunch and ti was so amazing. so, i may not have been with my mother, and i am not a mother, i sti.ll thought it was nice, with the decor around you making it feel like you're in the 19th century, and the amazing food, you think "wow, this place is awesome!" and i think the name of the place is grand floridian fair. have fun on mother's day
    kinda
    has anyone noticed that under the MC logo it says "love your Mother"? lol nice tag line whoever thought that one up
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Sailing Away

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    i remember going to GF for brunch and ti was so amazing. so, i may not have been with my mother, and i am not a mother, i sti.ll thought it was nice, with the decor around you making it feel like you're in the 19th century, and the amazing food, you think "wow, this place is awesome!" and i think the name of the place is grand floridian fair. have fun on mother's day
    1900 Park Fair? I've never eaten there, but I the GF. The victorian theme is awesome, for sure. Thanks for the idea!
    - Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

1900 Park Fair? I've never eaten there, but I the GF. The victorian theme is awesome, for sure. Thanks for the idea!
    I have eaten there once, it was really beautiful and it was exactly as you said, very well themed and really immersive. Although I admit the only reason I ate there is to see my girl Alice.

• Sailing Away

Alice is there? Very cool! I don't see Alice out and about a lot in the parks. She fits the theme, too.
    - Walt Disney