View Poll Results: Which do you like better??

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Main Street Electrical Parade - bring it back!!

32 50.79%
  • SpectroMagic - its a great modern Disney electrical parade!

31 49.21%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Attn. Space Travelers....

Question SpectroMagic vs. Main Street

Ok....heres a poll that i thought of....

I loved the Main Street Electrical Parade as a kid....it was so retro and fun, and the music was awesome!!

So, whenever I ask people at WDW i get very mixed opinions on wich is better, Main Street or the new SpectroMagic

Which do y'all like better?? Main Street Electrical Parade or Spectro?? Would you like to see Main Street come back??
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

Re: SpectroMagic vs. Main Street

I've always loved SpectroMagic, not because the floats are all that great but I love the music. On top of that it's a MK exclusive (at least in the US, not sure about anywhere else) and bringing in the MSEP would just further blur the lines between the resorts.

Not a big SpectroMagic Fan. I grew up with the Main Street Electrical Parade which I always felt was superior. I have always been a great believer that Disney should have kept the Electrical Parade and simply update it with new floats every year based on the current movies of the year. Meet the Robinsons Time Machine Float with techno Danny Elfman score for a quick example. I don't believe they cost as much as new attractions. Older floats could be retired to make way for new floats. Sell them off to Mouse Surplus. ;p

I'm kinda tired of spectromagic in honesty... although the chernabog float is cool, it's still nothing to right home about....then again I also don't want to see the electrical parade come back.

Something completely new, I say! I mean, c'mon! Disney is in complete control of all the lights, unlike the day, so they should be able to do extrodinary things! I've seen videos that are so much better and I really hope MK staff gets it's head on straight and soon!

I want something that will blow my mind into a fantasyland where there's no way of waking up.

• So Far E!

I love Spectro but something new wouldn't be soooo bad I guess. It's too bad they can't bring in something new and then once a year do a special "retro" parade for like a month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlaster View Post
    Not a big SpectroMagic Fan. I grew up with the Main Street Electrical Parade which I always felt was superior. I have always been a great believer that Disney should have kept the Electrical Parade and simply update it with new floats every year based on the current movies of the year. Meet the Robinsons Time Machine Float with techno Danny Elfman score for a quick example. I don't believe they cost as much as new attractions. Older floats could be retired to make way for new floats. Sell them off to Mouse Surplus. ;p
    thats how i feel !! its just tradition for me....i grew up with it!

Quote Originally Posted by MissTheMouse View Post
    I love Spectro but something new wouldn't be soooo bad I guess. It's too bad they can't bring in something new and then once a year do a special "retro" parade for like a month or two.
    this sounds like a good idea...i could certainly settle for that!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissTheMouse View Post
    I agree!

• Banned User

SpectroMagic - BARF!

MSEP and EWP forever. Elegant and Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    SpectroMagic - BARF!

MSEP and EWP forever. Elegant and Classic.

YES SIR!!!

When SpectroMagic first started it had new floats in it. Disney changed tee Walt Disney World logo way back in 1995 or so and the logo on the SpectroMagic title float is still the original and better logo rather than the Walt Disney signature logo they have now. Considering the logo was officially changed in around 1995 or so in preparation for Disney World's 25th Anniversary Celebration that would have the new logo in it should be an indication of how old this parade is. Back then the Aladdin and Little Mermaid floats were brand new films that were released. Both were great hits but, I guess Disney does not feel that any other films after those wto are worthy of a float. After al films like Beauty and the Beast, Lilo and Stitch, Toy Story, Cars, Lion King, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Brother Bear, Mulan, Monsters Inc, Chicken Little, and Meet the Robinson's are not worthy of getting a SpectroMagic float treatment. After all spending a few thousand for a float representing a movie that made tens of millions of dollars is not worthy enough. So now Disney World is in it's 36th year of operation and we are still seeing a SpectroMagic parade that is well over a decade old, in fact it is approaching the end of it's second decade in literally a handful of years.
    I am quite surprised that a Pirate and Princess float hasn't been built since they've pirated and Princessed everything else to death already. maybe we shouldn't complain about SpectroMagic then since it is the one thing that doesn't have the Pirates of the Caribbean and Disney Princess overlays yet.

Oops, maybe I was wrong about the Pirates and Princess thing in SpectroMagic. Afterall Captain Hook and Cinderella are in the parade so I guess I was wrong. LOL

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Why argue or debate which is better than the other.

Find a long strip of highway, put the MAIN STREET parade on one end, then put SPECTROMAGIC on the other end and let them go head to head into each, which ever survives will be the victory and the one that stays.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

But let's get serious, there's nothing- absolutely nothing wrong with SpectroMagic. I'm sorry, nothing wrong with it.

Let's just thank Mickey that Light Magic isn't at WDW.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Banned User

I prefer neither. The MSEP is a relic, and SpetroTragic is awfully dated now. And since WDC won't cough up the money necesary to bring a "Dreamlights" to the MK, I would propose they undust "Light Magic" and bring it to the MK. That would be better than having to see SpectroTragic for another 10 years before it falls apart in front of the guests.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    But let's get serious, there's nothing- absolutely nothing wrong with SpectroMagic. I'm sorry, nothing wrong with it.

Let's just thank Mickey that Light Magic isn't at WDW.
    Funny I didn't read this before I posted my previous post. The only thing I see wrong with Spectro is the dated look of it. Go check out Dreamlights or even Fantillusion at DLP and see why this parade's hey days are long gone, and they went quickly I have to say...

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast