Romantic Dinner for 2

I am going down to Disney World this summer with my girlfriend and my family for 8 days this summer. We already have dinner reservations for everyone together at Narcosea and Alfredo's. I want to have a really romantic dinner together one night alone with my girlfriend and I am wondering what you all think would be a good restaurant to take her to. I have heard really good things about Le Celier in EPCOT and the Ohana restaurant, but I have not done too much research yet. What do you all think?

Disney: true inspiration!

• Attn. Space Travelers....

Re: Romantic Dinner for 2

ok....here are my suggestions if you want something very romantic, just bear in mind that they will be pricey:

Victoria and Albert's - at the Grand Floridian
    Artist's Point - at Fort Wilderness
    California Grill - at the Contemporary (15th floor - amazing views!!)
    Le Celier - at Canada (great Steaks and atmosphere)

in any case, i'd avoid O'hana ....it great, but not romantic - itll have alot of kids and kid's activities and its ambiance doesnt lend itself to romance....but definately eat there with the family!
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

quick note about Artist's Pointe, many of the Imagineers dine there nightly, so you will definately see a few (hint: they wear green ID badges)

• Lonestar Louisianian

You romantic devil you, Space Junk.

Those are all EXCELLENT choices. I really can't add anything else to that other than to say if you can afford it, I would put Victoria & Albert's at the ultimate top (as Space Junk did). It's very romantic and very swanky. You'll need a coat & tie. It's also pricey but well worth it.

If not then shoot for one of the others, less pricey and a bit less romantic but still great.

Now, for the ultimate romantic dinner, a picnic on the Poly beach during the fireworks and/or the Electric Water Pageant is, to me at least, the most romantic thing you can do at WDW. (and the cheapest)

Oh yes that hotel on top of the contemporary that does sound romantic from what I remember hearing! I don't mind spending a bit on this special dinner (my parents are being nice and paying for the other dinners so I feel I can splurge ;-) ) I will check out these other restaurants you mentioned too. I will definitely recommend to my family Ohana then since it is more family style and I think they would enjoy that. We all love Hawaii.

NatdRat- Ooh Jacket and tie is needed at Victoria and Albert's? I lost 25 pounds since I last put my suit on I wonder if it still fits =P She is going to love that Electric Water Pageant. We are going to be at Narcosea's one night when the electric water pageant passes by!

Disney: true inspiration!

Quote Originally Posted by NatdRat View Post
    Now, for the ultimate romantic dinner, a picnic on the Poly beach during the fireworks and/or the Electric Water Pageant is, to me at least, the most romantic thing you can do at WDW. (and the cheapest)
    omg!! VERY GOOD IDEA!! that would totally make the night complete!! its like watch the MSEP...but on the water!! just imagine....you and your lady watching all the sparkling light float by on the water.....just beautiful1!

GREAT IDEA !!

Quote Originally Posted by NatdRat View Post
    You romantic devil you, Space Junk.

and thank you...its just my nature!!

• Why can't you tune a fish

Victoria & Alberts - very very nice, and if you tell them in advance that its for some sort of romantic reason, they may do something special for you. Personalized chocolates or things like that (personalized menus are standard)

Allthough I took my wife there on our 10th wedding anniversery, and I am divorced now, so maybe thats not such a good place to go after all.
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Victoria & Alberts - very very nice, and if you tell them in advance that its for some sort of romantic reason, they may do something special for you. Personalized chocolates or things like that (personalized menus are standard)

Allthough I took my wife there on our 10th wedding anniversery, and I am divorced now, so maybe thats not such a good place to go after all.
    ahh yes...the personalized menus!!! i forgot about that!! im taking my fiancee there for our 2 year anniversary, despite the price!! its just that romantic!!

• Main Street with a friend

If you can swing it, V&As is definitely the way to go! Everything is beyond fabulous - it is something she would never forget. The menu changes nightly, but the chefs are great. How sweet of you to think of taking her out by herself!

I agree with Space Junk's selection of Artist Point, too. If you can't afford V&As (or don't want to get all dressed up), it is a very nice restaurant that can be very romantic. It's a relaxing meal, the food is excellent, and the Wilderness Lodge is just gorgeous. Here's a tip: Artist Point opens at 5:30, if I remember correctly. Try to get a reservation for right when they open up, and then when you arrive, request to be seated next to the window. You'll be able to overlook the waterfall. Romantic, huh?
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney