Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   

Magic Kingdom and EPCOT Pics 4/21/07

Howdy. I am in the middle of uploading tons of pics but I wanted to start sharing a few. I entered the Magic Kingdom at 9:10 a.m. and left at 4 p.m. In those 7 hours I took 685 pics.

What follows are some of the more interesting shots. They are clickable thumbnails, so feel free to enlarge any image that interests you.

This is part one of several and the pics are not in any particular order.

Mine! - to share with other MC'ers. Holy cow, the effects on the Nemo ride are incredible. I hope the DL execs understand what kind of lines they are going to have to deal with when the submarines open.

I have seen many pics of the "Club Cool" drink stations, but I don't recall any large enough for people to actually read what is available. Well, squint no more. Oh, Mozambique's drink was my favorite. Mmmmmm - ginger *Homer Simpson drool*

EPCOT is in the middle of their Flower and Garden Festival. The park really looks as good as I have ever seen it. The pic is a little dark because I forgot to take off my polarizer and it was a little too cloudy.

I am a big guy. OK, a REALLY big guy. Normally I sit in back and I don't get too wet. Well, today I sat in front. Ha! Wet is an understatement. I have come off Roaring Rapids drier than I did today on SM. It took 4 hours to completely dry off. I have another pic looking down the drop, but that will be posted in part two.

The paint makes Splash Mountain look really cartoonish. I like it that way, but you don't really notice it until you look at it in photos.

OK. That's it for a few hours. Part 2 is coming though. I am going to Downtown Disney to look for a hat for tomorrow. It is supposed to be sunnier.
    Last edited by PhotoMatt; 04-21-2007 at 06:48 PM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Magic Kingdom and EPCOT Pics 4/21/07

Nice photos!

I think the Splash paint job is supposed to look cartoonish.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Nice photos!

I think the Splash paint job is supposed to look cartoonish.

I actually meant to comment that they were probably trying to go for the cartoonish effect, and that they did a good job.

My feet hurt and somehow that affected my typing - honest!

And, thanks for the compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoMatt View Post

It was after opening! What are they thinking?!?!? BAD Show! Their lead or supervisor needs to go through Traditions again.

If you notice though, these are not grounds crew, these are Custodial CM's. It looks like they are picking up garbage from around the Mickey head. This is completely normal, as garbage and trash that blows into the Mickey, or that guests are kind enough to deposit there, looks much, much, worse than a simple clean up crew.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Banned User

Thanks for the photos... and while I agree with the Custodials on top of the topiary being a "bad show", I can't honestly remember when was the last time I saw that many Custodial CMs in the same spot at the MK, and since the park does need a lot of cleaning, (except for DLP being the one in most need of that) I would let it slip this one time. But again... we see a manager there as well on the topiary.. and that summs up what's wrong with WDW. If management doesn't have a clue, how on Earth would they be possibly fit to lead a cast of thousands??

•   

I don't disagree that the area needs to be cleaned. It was 9 a.m. though. The park just opened. This should have been done before the guests arrived. If it was noon, or 5 p.m., for example, I would not have noted it. In fact, if I did take a picture of it, it would have been to compliment the cast members on actually picking up trash.

I also just realized that the night before was a Grad Nite. So, that obviously shortened the time they had to prepare for a new day. I still think they could have done this earlier. That's all.

• Banned User

Sometimes.. when I ask CM the reasons for some odd things I witness at the parks, you'd be surprised as the answers I get from them CMs...
    This would have been one such times... Most times when something is not right, they place blame on someone else's dept. Now think of this (and I agree with you this should have been done before park's opening times)... if the MK is supposed to be cleaned by overnight crews, why is there trash on the topiary at 9am???
    To me this is further proof that overnight cleaning is not being performed with the same attention and care it used to be performed. I have had Cms tell me the MK' walkways don't even get preassured washed nightly anymore...

It's possible that the topiary wasn't cleaned from the night before, but it is also very possible that someone threw trash from the train or from the plaza below. When I was a greeter at Epcot, I saw people throw garbage in the topiaries all the time, sometimes even before the official park opening.

The way I see it, regardless of when it was done, it had to be done. I would rather see a few custodial CM's cleaning up than to see garbage all over the place.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

•   

Part deux of the update.

Remember, click to enlarge.

Peaceful in its own way - and very green. Clouds can do great things for color saturation.

It's almost like there is a similar scene of this about 2300 miles away.

What is this?

If only the clouds had been spread out more and just a little puffier this could have passed for the Desert Southwest. It still works, but it could have been better.

You can pay $2 to pilot your own mini jungle cruise boat. These are some obstacles or whatever you want to call them.

This is the only on-ride pic that turned out. I need a faster lens. So, 'till next time.

Two of my favorites.

And now, castle-palooza.

I posted a similar pic in a previous post, but I cut off the orange doo-hickey sticking out from the side of the pastel looking whatchmacalit. Fixed.

No pictorial is complete without flower power.

• Banned User

I can see now where the Imagineers got their idea for TDL's World Bazaar. LOL.

•   

Oh, I said I would post this in part 2.

Weeeeeee!!!! Don't even think of doing anything naughty for the cameras.

• If We Can Dream It...

Before everyone jumps all over the MK custodial, please remember the fact that as part of the opening "show", they use a confetti "cannon" to celebrate the opening of the park.

Of course if you guys would rather they leave the confetti there all day...
    - Horizonsfan

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoMatt View Post
    Oh, I said I would post this in part 2.

Weeeeeee!!!! Don't even think of doing anything naughty for the cameras.
    Well, you are welcomed to do that for us... Now, there is this website i regards to Splash photos... but I am not going to post links as it goes against MC rules here...

• Banned User

OMG
    These are the best pictures of WDW I have seen in a loooooooooong time.
    Simply stunning.

• Goofy

wow nice pictures. thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast