Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Can't Miss Dining in WDW?

I will be visiting WDW for a week, during the last week of October and it is time to begin making reservations. There will be four adults in my group.

What are the definite can't miss restaurants?

I believe this will be the same time as the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival...Are there any can't miss dining opportunites as part of the festival?

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Re: Can't Miss Dining in WDW?

OHANA's

Polynesian Resort...

If you miss eating there, you have failed in life

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Cherny View Post
    I will be visiting WDW for a week, during the last week of October and it is time to begin making reservations. There will be four adults in my group.

I believe this will be the same time as the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival...Are there any can't miss dining opportunities as part of the festival?
    If your adventurous, bring a hearty appetite and hit every booth along World Showcase. We would buy one item from each country and split it, so we could try what each has to offer. Was a wonderful day.

As far as restaurants, here are my recommendations..

Magic Kingdom

Crystal Palace
    Liberty Tree Tavern
    Cinderella's Royal Table
    Cosmic Ray's (counter service)
    Peco's Bill (counter service)
    Churro cart in Adventureland

Epcot

Le Celier - Canada
    Japan - Mitkouski? I know I spelled that wrong.
    Mexico - San Angel Inn
    Italy
    China - Counter service ( I haven't had the restaurant)

Electric Umbrella - Counter Service
    Seasons - The Land Pavilion

MGM Studios

I haven't eaten at many sit down locations except one, so I'm sure others can give you input.

Prime Time Café
    ABC Commissary - (counter) It's dead anytime but lunch. Great food too.
    Pizza Planet - (counter) It's name implies all the bad food and if your ok with pizza and chicken, then Pizza Planet is for you. Lots of kids though, obviously.

Animal Kingdom

Flame Tree Barbecue - Excellent BBQ and a great view of Everest, if you go sit near the water. Take the path behind and to the right of the FTB and it will take you to a great seating area.

Tusker House - Really good Rotisserie chicken. (counter)

Hotels

Boma - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Best breakfast buffet on property IMHO.
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 04-23-2007 at 11:34 AM.

• Attn. Space Travelers....

ok....here are my suggestions:

Magic Kingdom
    Crystal Palace - character dining! yay! a bit pricey, but not horrible...great food!

Cosmic Rays - (counter service) good selection....chicken, burgers, wraps, sanwiches, ribs, salads, etc

Caseys - (counter service) GREAT HOT DOGS!!

EPCOT
    Le Celier - great steaks with a classic French inspiration!

Teppanyaki (the Mitsukoshi place) - great table side preparation of traditional Japanese cuisine

Nine Dragons - wonderful setting and Chinese cuisine

Cafe Marakesh - (counter service) quick service Morrocan food!! I love the sandwiches!! mmmmmmm

Seasons - (counter service) lots to choose from!! great soups and salads, sandwiches, chicken....a bit upscale!! great food all around

for EPCOT, id just try to experience food from all over the showcase!! its all good!!

MGM
    Sci-Fi Drive In - retro drive in stylings and good ol' fashioned food!! limited menu, but a very cool dining experiece!! try the Reuben

50's Prime Time Cafe - "Eat your veggies or no dessert!!" Be served dinner by mom and dine on classics like meatloaf and fried chicken, but remember to get your elbows off the table!!

ABC Commisary - (counter service) a good variety of food....mainly burgers and chicken, but you can get noodle dishes and salads i believe....avoid during lunch!

Mama Melrose's - great Italian food in a quaint setting!! usually pretty busy!

Animal Kingdom

both the options listed in the post above!!

Tusker House - great chicken!! your mouth will water

Flame Tree BBQ - name says it all....its great!! pretty packed

Polynesian Resort

O'hana - great luau style dining with flame grilled meats and to-die-for sides, like au gratin potatoes, ginger glazed wings, and yummy veggies ! its about $30 per person, but very fun!! try to go around fireworks time!! theyll dim the house lights and pump in the music from MK

Wilderness Lodge

Artist's Pointe - where the Imagineers dine...great continental cuisine...pricey!!!

Whispering Canyon Cafe - buffet serving country favorites in a down home atmosphere!! long wait time!! but very good food!!

Contemporary

Chef Mickey's - awesome buffet style character dining with spectacular foods!! Grilled salmon, quiche, seafood pasta salad, shrimp, chicken florentine, etc....all the grown up favorites + fabulous dessert AND its pretty well priced!! about $26 per person!!

California Grille - market inspired fresh cuisine on the 15th floor over looking the seven seas lagoon - pricey!!

Grand Floridian

Victoria and Albert's - VERY EXPENSIVE, so do this as a treat or for a special occasion!! Trans-continental cuisine with customized menus!

Downtown Disney

Rainforest Cafe - great food and you get to dine in a jungle!! burger, chicken, steak, seafood, everything!!

Earl of Sandwich - (counter service) a bizzare-ishly large selection of sanwiches served in every way possible with very interesting (and tasty) combinations of toppings!!

I hope this helps!!

there are many places to dine, but i listed some of my favorites that would be best suited to adults!! keep in mind they all serve wonderful food!! Wherever your pallet takes you, ENJOY!! :-)
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• Sailing Away

Oh, I love food threads! Here are my picks:

MK
    Liberty Tree Tavern - though the meal is character (that may not be your thing), the food is good.

Epcot
    If you are want a sit down restaurant and are tired of wine ( gasp!), check out Le Cellier in Canada. The cheddar cheese soup is to die for! I second Nine Dragons in China. I've been there a few times and have never been disappointed. The counter service at Mexico is pretty good, but I'm not a huge fan of the restaurant inside.

MGM
    The Brown Derby - I love this place. It is my favorite at MGM. The Cobb salad and grapefruit cake always make my vacation a little better.

Polynesian Resort
    For breakfast, you must try Kona Cafe. The biggest draw for me is 100% Kona Coffee....fabulous! If you like bananas, try the Tonga Toast - it's french toast stuffed w/ bananas.

Wilderness Lodge
    If you forgo everything else here, I would say that you must try Artist Point. They are only open for dinner. The restaurant has large windows where you can look out over the waterfall. If you book early in the evening (right when they open), you can request to be seated by the window. Their salmon is excellent, and you can't leave without trying the berry cobbler. Not too sweet, just right.

I've never been during the food and wine festival, but I heard it's fab! You'll have a wonderful time! Good luck deciding!
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• secure all cargo

I absolutely love the Cobb Salad at The Brown Derby @ Disney MGM. The Cobb was created by the owner of the actual Brown Derby in Hollywood.

The California Grill on the 15th floor of the Contemporary Hotel is unique in that you can view the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the restaurant or the outside viewing ramp. They play the actual soundtrack in the restaurant. Definitely something you want to try at least once.

It's also a lot of fun to eat at Cinderella's Royal Table, just to say you ate inside the Castle.

• The one, the only...

I have to recommend Boma. It is an affordable gourmet experience. If you want to try some of the best tasting food at WDW, make sure that you book one dinner at that restaurant.

The World Showcase has some wonderfully unique experiences. My best food experiences were at Morocco's Marrakech restaurant, Canada's Le Celler, and Italy's restaurant.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Boma was my wife's favorite; a fun, exotic food experience.
    50's Prime Time Cafe at MGM was another great stop; mainly for the atmosphere more than the food (was simple, but good).
    Le Celler in Canada's World Showcase was wonderful, the good food and small dining room made it special (and make sure to have the maple creme brulee for desert!)
    Another fun one was Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge; a great spot for families with kids, the waiters/waitressess make sure you are smiling and enjoying yourself (the family-style skillet meals are good and all-you-can-eat, as is the milkshakes!).
    But by far my favorite resaurant at WDW (and anywhere, actually) is California Grill at the Contemporary. It is a bit pricey, but the food quality is top-notch. I'd request the smaller, secondary dining area if you can; it's quieter and more intimate than the larger dining room.

I haven't been to Victoria and Albert's yet (hopefully next visit) , but I'm betting that's another can't-miss one... but the priciest by far.

...As for the Food and Wine Festival; we were there last year and they didn't have much changes in their actual resturants. It is mainly booths lined throughout World Showcase sampling many different offerings, both food and wine, that country is known for (more or less). They had some other offerings closer to Future World, but we didn't investigate that much.
    Last edited by aaronmckie; 04-25-2007 at 12:47 PM.

• Say no to Assimilation

If you have a sweet tooth, try a no way Jose from Beaches and Cream. It is located at the Beach Club near Epcot.

Here are the ingredients:
    No Way Jose - A peanut butter and hot fudge delight featuring chocolate and vanilla ice cream, peanut butter and chocolate morsels, whipped cream and a cherry.
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

Well I can only review on the restaurants I have been to. I plan to go to some new ones this summer!

Yacht & Beach Club: Beaches and Cream- A really wonderful place to get an ice cream! Traditional ice cream parlor

Epcot: Alfredo's! Honestly this is the only sit down restaurant I can remember eating at there and it was great! We always try to make it to Alfredo's. I think I ate at the Chinese place once but it was not memorable.

Grand Floridian: Narcosea's is a great restaurant! We ate there once, had a delicious meal, beautiful environemnt, and we saw the Electric water parade! Highly recommend this!

MGM: 50's Prime Time: a really fun experience if you are up for it! They literally treat you as family , will tease you, have a great time! You get a viewmaster to see the dessert menu, its a real trip!
    Scifi Dine In- See B movie trailers and sit inside a car and have some pretty good food while you are at it!

I am going to try to go to Victoria & Albert's or the California Grille sometime this summer

Disney: true inspiration!

• Wants to Wear the Bat Hat

Bouncing Between Eastern and Western Washington State

I'm going to keep this short and sweet...
    Magic Kingdom:
    Crystal Palace - Wonderful Breakfast, wonderful Dinner and the service is great. It's a smaller buffet... like many of the buffets in WDW (but then I first went to the ones in Las Vegas so of course they would seem small) but every item is very good. Has all your basics... Prime Rib, Omelets and Waffles in the morning.
    Dinner was amazing.

Epcot:
    Japanese Pavillion - The Tempura restaurant was one of the few that we went to twice. The Sushi/Tempura combo is highly recommended, and it's lovely if you're looking for a quiet place where you can just sit back and relax.

Still have not made it to LeCeller though : (

MGM:
    Sci-Fi/Brown Derby - I was trying to figure out which one I would rate as better, but I just couldn't.
    Sci-Fi is fun and the food is casual but good. This was another place that we ate at twice, and I even had the same thing both times (bbq chicken burger... ummm). It's mostly burgers, fries, basics, but they are better than you would expect... and the atmosphere is one of a kind.
    Don't miss the fudge sundae... it's the wonderful WDW soft serve with delicious hot fudge, whipped cream and all that good stuff.
    Brown Derby is just lovely. We did lunch, both had the Cobb salad... very, very good. Pricey but the food is worth it and the presentation is some of the best in the resort. Again don't miss the dessert... I had a toffee tower thing that was creamy and delicious.

Resort:
    Boma!!! - My favorite : )
    Best buffet. Another of the few places that we went to more than once. Wonderful and consistent with unique foods and amazing soups.

Downtown Disney:
    Raglan Road - Very good. Go for the Bangers and Mash.
    Earl of Sandwich - Some of the best counter service, and a relative deal compared to much of the resort.
    The All American is wonderful.
    WDW College Program Alumni
    May 22, 2006 to January 3, 2007 - Custodial/Adventureland Operations
    May 16, 2007 to August 10, 2007 - Custodial

August 18, 2008 to January 2, 2009 - Yet to be determined Attraction!
    Hello Everyone Go Zags!

• We'll hold them at bay

For me, Boma and San Angel Inn are can't misses. On the next level is 'ohana, Le Cellier, Chefs de France and House of Blues
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Thank you all, for the wonderfully delicious ideas.

I am getting hungry by reading all of the posts.

Now comes the hard part…making reservations…decisions, decisions, decisions!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tbminnie View Post
    If you have a sweet tooth, try a no way Jose from Beaches and Cream. It is located at the Beach Club near Epcot.

Here are the ingredients:
    No Way Jose - A peanut butter and hot fudge delight featuring chocolate and vanilla ice cream, peanut butter and chocolate morsels, whipped cream and a cherry.
    OMG!! As a sweets, peanut butter and chocolate AND ice cream lover... thank you so much!

I haven't been to these but have heard good things about some and nothing about others so take what you will but here's what we booked for our trip:

~ California Grill (My #1 because it's in the contemporary!!)
    ~ Le Cellier
    ~ The fish and chips place in England (tho I'll be ordering shepherd's pie)
    ~ The French Place in France

Yeah I don't know names either
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by Cherny View Post

I believe this will be the same time as the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival...Are there any can't miss dining opportunites as part of the festival?
    I would recomment the Grand Floridian restaurants and Polynesian spirit of aloha luau. these are some great dining places and they are in a beautiful atmosphere. you can always find great dining at WDW, just remember to reserve in advance from your hotel or at the restaurant a few hours early
    have fun in the world's of disney
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast