Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

Post New Costumes at the Backlot Tour

After riding the Backlot tour at the Disney-MGM Studios yesterday, in the costuming tunnel, they changed some of the costumes. The costumes are now from these movies: (sorry, I forget what order)

Deja Vu
    Invincible
    Bridge to Terabithia
    Wild Hogs
    Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
    The Guardian

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: New Costumes at the Backlot Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nigel Channing View Post
    After riding the Backlot tour at the Disney-MGM Studios yesterday, in the costuming tunnel, they changed some of the costumes. The costumes are now from these movies: (sorry, I forget what order)

Deja Vu
    Invincible
    Bridge to Terabithia
    Wild Hogs
    The Guardian

How would you know this?

Totally kidding of course.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nigel Channing View Post

Deja Vu
    Invincible
    Bridge to Terabithia
    Wild Hogs
    The Guardian
    not bad selections... at least they change props and costumes out of the tour... rather than keep it stagnant.

• "There's always my way"

i don't know when will be the next time I'll go on the backstage tour. I was so disallusioned with the last time I went on it. I like the addition of Lights Motors Action but the best part of the tour was removed. But oh well, maybe they could think of doing something about that tour.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• Banned User

I think it's the MGM CMs who need new costumes. That park features the worst looking costumes of ANY Disney park on Earth.

• "There's always my way"

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it's the MGM CMs who need new costumes. That park features the worst looking costumes of ANY Disney park on Earth.
    except for tower of terror and the great movie ride. they have good costumes there.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• Attn. Space Travelers....

i persoanlly think T-land needs shorts as part of our costumes, but apparently in the future we all wear long pants lol !!
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• Banned User

i like the costumes for mgm. you don't need fancy themeing for backlot tour or lights motor action show, actually the only attractions that might need "theme" costuming are TOT, Greatmovieride, and possibly rocknrollercoaster. the rest you could use a generic outfit and it will fit. I am not talking about the characters in the show or streetmosphere of course just your adverage run of the mill cms.

• Pilot EdForceOne

should people in TV studios not look like set workers?
    should people in the stunt shows not look prepared for working on a set?
    should startours people not look like space station ppl?
    should people not working the various shows not look theme appropriate for their show?

Why can't custoidal look time appropriate for their area?

I think there are plenty of costume requirements and certainly no need for 'generics'

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

At the Backlot Tour you're supposed to be with a Tour Guide... I guess that explains the red shirts. Though they could be plaid... ha ha ha.

• Banned User

first off there is no tv studio anymore. and i said except for the performers in the shows . I did forget star tours, yes they should be apropriately themed as well. as far as custodial, they all have the same outfits in MK so why not in MGM?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    At least I'm not the only one who read this thread like so..

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    first off there is no tv studio anymore. and i said except for the performers in the shows .
    No you mis-understood me. I didn't say performers IN the show.. I said people working the shows.

Why shouldn't the CMs working the queue look like people relevant from the show period/set? Why can't the queue hosts loading Little Mermaid be appropriate.. or why not have the crowd control in B&tB be dressed as castle butlers, etc.

Why shouldn't the people working Indy be dressed as they were crew?

as far as custodial, they all have the same outfits in MK so why not in MGM?
    Because we can aspire to be better???

Flip your arguement and say MK has themed costumes both in and outside the ride (HM line workers come to mind.. ) so why shouldn't MGM?

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    s
    Why can't custoidal look time appropriate for their area?
    Because in Custodial they need you all over the place so you wear a neutral uniform. There are days when I would need to be in Tomorrowland, Toontown, Fantasyland and Main Street all in the same day. It would look FAR more distracting if I was wearing a Tomorrowland uni when I went to help clean up the parade on Main Street than it would just to wear my neutral "whites".

On top of that MK Custodial was spread very thin to begin with, meaning people were often shuffled around as the day went on. There's no such thing as just "Haunted Mansion Custodial" (for example), the closest you can get is North Custodial with a HM trash run that day. Many of us were often based in one land (like I was with TL) but it was very common for me to be moved to Toontown to cover a trash run or to Main Street to help out with parade clean up. A time specific uniform just would not work.

However, if you would like to see custodians with attraction/land specific uniforms the system of how we're deployed will need to be changed first. Since that would cost a lot more money (due to the loss of flexibility to put more workers where and when they're needed) it is unlikely Disney will ever do it, especially considering the neutral uniforms have been around since Walt himself.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by ecdlanddude View Post
    Because in Custodial they need you all over the place so you wear a neutral uniform.
    I hear what you are saying.. but I guess what I meant was.. I don't want custodial to be the same as parade control or the merge person for Indy, etc.

MGM is a park where custodial could be themed and not be too out of place in the various sections considering the only real difference in the areas of the park is supposed to be the time period. Someone themed for hollywood in the 50s wouldn't be toooo far out of place back in the streets section, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast