• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

WDW and newborn babies

Hey All quick question...

My friend and his wife are going down to WDW in May. They are staying for about 5 days. They have a 3yr old girl who they brought last year and was able to enjoy a majority of the rides... Now this year they have a newborn girl, who when they go will be around 3-4 months old. Very young... I realize that there are zero rides that they can bring her on, but is there anything that can accomodate a newborn? Like can they go on Kilamanjaro Safari? Or Its a Small World? Just curious if anyone has any information...

• Yes?

Re: WDW and newborn babies

Quote Originally Posted by Parisi View Post
    Hey All quick question...

My friend and his wife are going down to WDW in May. They are staying for about 5 days. They have a 3yr old girl who they brought last year and was able to enjoy a majority of the rides... Now this year they have a newborn girl, who when they go will be around 3-4 months old. Very young... I realize that there are zero rides that they can bring her on, but is there anything that can accomodate a newborn? Like can they go on Kilamanjaro Safari? Or Its a Small World? Just curious if anyone has any information...
    More rides than you realize! When my older daughter turned 4 we went to WDW for her 4th birthday for a whole week. Her baby sister was only 4 months old. I was told by many CMs at the entrances to many rides that my baby could lap ride most if not all rides that didn't have height requirements. My baby was in a carrier but it wasn't necessary, just more convenient for me. She rode the following in my lap or in her carrier:

MK:
    Small World
    Peter Pan's Flight
    Snow White
    Winnie the Pooh
    Jungle Cruise
    POTC
    TTA
    Buzz Lightyear

AK:
    Kilamanjaro Safari

Epcot:
    SSE(she always fell asleep on this one)
    Mexico boat ride
    The Land boat ride
    A baby could ride Nemo(it wasn't open when we went back then)

MGM:
    Great Movie Ride
    Backlot Tour
    And all the shows
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Attn. Space Travelers....

im not absolutely sure, but i dont think Kilaminjaro will accomodate an infant....small world might.

Even if the infant cant go on ANYTHING, we have rider switch passes at most attractions that lets the parent watching the infant go through the fast pass line when the other parent comes off the ride
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

ahh! never mind lol ....still...u can get rider switches for rides lik Space Mt. or w/e

• Shablagoo!

My cousin and his wife took their 7 month old on many attractions, nothing too rough mind you. They took her on the Huanted Mansion and she loved playing peek-a-boo with the pop up ghosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    My cousin and his wife took their 7 month old on many attractions, nothing too rough mind you. They took her on the Huanted Mansion and she loved playing peek-a-boo with the pop up ghosts.
    lol !! that would be cute to see!!!

• Loves Mickey!

Like evilqueenrocks said there are quite a few attractions that you can take an infant on but they need to consider other things as well. It is going to be hot in May so while there are attractions they can ride they have to take into consideration waiting in line in the heat. Infants do not sweat as much so it's vital to make sure they are constantly hydrated too.

We had the opposite problem when my SIL was visiting in December. My son was 3 months old but there were nights when it was very cold so most of the time I stayed with him in the different Baby Care Centers. (AK's was the best hands down!) At 3 months they are also eating often and you don't know how they will react on an attraction. My son rarely cries but at that age I didn't want to board an attraction and take the risk that he might not like it and cry and bother other guests.

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot to put that one down.

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    Like evilqueenrocks said there are quite a few attractions that you can take an infant on but they need to consider other things as well. It is going to be hot in May so while there are attractions they can ride they have to take into consideration waiting in line in the heat. Infants do not sweat as much so it's vital to make sure they are constantly hydrated too.

We had the opposite problem when my SIL was visiting in December. My son was 3 months old but there were nights when it was very cold so most of the time I stayed with him in the different Baby Care Centers. (AK's was the best hands down!) At 3 months they are also eating often and you don't know how they will react on an attraction. My son rarely cries but at that age I didn't want to board an attraction and take the risk that he might not like it and cry and bother other guests.
    Those baby care centers are a fabulous thing and I do agree that AK is the best and MGM is the worst. The one attraction that scared my little one was the Bugs Life show...it is just a little too intense for a baby. And even though I appreciate ichigopara's concern for the other guests, don't let that stop you from attempting to see an attraction that you'd like to. My baby hated Philharmagic and screamed the whole way through but the sound was loud enough that I didn't feel anyone else was bothered.

My best advice, if you have one, use a carrier. It just makes things so much more secure. I felt my daughter was very safe on the rides we went on because she was right up against me and strapped in. We used the Baby Bjorn active carrier.
    am I the burrito man?

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    More rides than you realize! When my older daughter turned 4 we went to WDW for her 4th birthday for a whole week. Her baby sister was only 4 months old. I was told by many CMs at the entrances to many rides that my baby could lap ride most if not all rides that didn't have height requirements. My baby was in a carrier but it wasn't necessary, just more convenient for me. She rode the following in my lap or in her carrier:

MK:
    Small World
    Peter Pan's Flight
    Snow White
    Winnie the Pooh
    Jungle Cruise
    POTC
    TTA
    Buzz Lightyear

AK:
    Kilamanjaro Safari

Epcot:
    SSE(she always fell asleep on this one)
    Mexico boat ride
    The Land boat ride
    A baby could ride Nemo(it wasn't open when we went back then)

MGM:
    Great Movie Ride
    Backlot Tour
    And all the shows
    How could a newborn handle the hill on POTC?

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    How could a newborn handle the hill on POTC?
    That little hill is nothing...I think my driveway is steeper. Honestly, I would just lean back a bit in the seat with her facing me, resting her head on my chest, and make sure I had my hand on the back of her head to steady it. No problems!
    am I the burrito man?

• Shablagoo!

That little hill is nothing...I think my driveway is steeper. Honestly, I would just lean back a bit in the seat with her facing me, resting her head on my chest, and make sure I had my hand on the back of her head to steady it. No problems!
    That's what my cousins did with their child.

Okay. I was just wondering. lol. My cousin is taking his newborn in October. I thought that a hill might be too intense for baby.

• Where Schemes Come True!

That's awesome..I was wondering about this because my wife and I are planning on going late November/early december with what will be our six month old at that point...

--Mr. DB
    Many Bothans died to bring MiceChat this information.

I'm a Disney fan in Dollywood land!

• Yes?

After thinking about this some more....The only ride I would think twice about without the carrier is Kilamanjaro Safari. It is tough to stay stable on that ride for me even when I'm not holding my little one. This one I would strongly suggest a carrier. But as for the rest...go for it!
    am I the burrito man?