Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• "There's always my way"

WDW Ride Pre-Shows

One will automatically notice how many rides at WDW have preshows. I just wanted to see what many of you think of these. Feel free to mention the best or the worse in your opinions.
    I think the best preshow at WDW is Tower of Terror. The ride sets the mood all the way from the queue to the preshow and the actual ride itself.

The worst preshow at WDW has to be Monsters Inc. Because it isn't really a preshow. You travel from one queue to another to stare at a screen asking you send in text, which is very stupid. They could have taken time to do something with that.

I also don't like the preshow for Test Track because I think it is long and a bit boring. But in a way it suits the ride.

What do you all think?

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

Re: WDW Ride Pre-Shows

I am pretty impartial to Test Track's pre-show. I would have to say that the best pre-shows would be Tower of Terror of course, Mission: Space, Muppet Vision 3D (what kind of foolishness would you like to see?) and Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. I know HISTA's has little to do with the actual attraction, but it's cute, and memorable.

My least favorite preshows (note: I have not yet experienced the MILF!), Rockin' Roller, because I think it's too long and somewhat pointless, and Stitch's Great Escape, because it's too kiddie and dumbed down.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Attn. Space Travelers....

favroite pre-shows: ToT, Rock n' Rollercoaster (mainly because i love Aerosmith lol), Expedition Everest, Test Track, Mission: Space, Muppets 3-D, and Space Mountain.

Least Favorite: MILF (what kind of crap is this?? not a preshow at all....you just stand in a packed corridor with monsters inc logos all over the place) and Stitch's Great Escape (at least they kept Skipper)
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

Muppet-Vision 3-D hands down.

• Minion

I'll go with ToT as well.

• Disney: A Way of Life

I agree with Muppet Vision 3D, but I also really enjoy Dinosaur in AK and Universe of Energy for the humor (hmm... both include Bill Nye...coincidence?!?!), and Mission Space and Tower of Terror for the mood settings. I also like Soarin's pre-show, not the greatest but it is cute!
    "Beware of hitchhiking ghosts"

• Banned User

Actually Bill Nye is only in the queue, not the preshow.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Muppet-Vision 3-D hands down.
    Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by wdw or bust View Post
    I agree with Muppet Vision 3D, but I also really enjoy Dinosaur in AK and Universe of Energy for the humor (hmm... both include Bill Nye...coincidence?!?!), and Mission Space and Tower of Terror for the mood settings. I also like Soarin's pre-show, not the greatest but it is cute!
    Yeah, I completely forgot about UoE and Dinosaur. UoE is great, I'm not really a fan of Ellen, but I don't have anything against her either, but I do like Bill Nye. Dinosaur's would be great if there was a little more to look at aroud the pre-show viewing room, and if they were to make the screens a little clearer to see. For some reason, I always have kind of a hard time viewing that screen, almost like it's out of focus or too much light. But anyway, I think Dinosaur's preshow has the one of the best lines of any attraction, and it should be the attractions motto, "the Trans-Dimensional Joyride"...classic!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• She was sweet as a peach

I think I like Dinosaur the best. It sets the mood of the ride for me.

I hated the two movies they used to make you sit through before you could go into The Living Seas.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Enough said.
    I love the part when Gonzo tells Scooter to get the phone, and he get back he says "Gonzo, we have no phone". "Well I will run out and get one" Wacka Wacka.

• If We Can Dream It...

IMO,

Favorites:

1. Muppet Vision, gotta love that slap-stick humor
    2. Ellen's Energy Adventure, while it's dated it's still pretty funny
    3. Tower of Terror, very creepy and definately sets the mood
    4. Carousel of Progress, a nice history overview for a great attraction
    5. Rock n' Rollercoaster, so bad it's good, Aerosmith better keep to making music not movies

Worst:

1. HISTA, way too hokey for me (I'm not the touchy-feely type)
    2. Test Track, This is what you get when you mix in one part bad commercial and one part pointless rambling and images
    3. Dinosaur, very predictable with the computer hacking
    - Horizonsfan

• This space for rent

My favs are.

1. Muppetvision
    2. Tiki Birds, love hearing Phil Hartman and Don Rickles go back and forth.
    3. UoE
    4. Dinosaur

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Muppets pre-show is better than the actual attraction!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

The Haunted Mansion I like as well. ToT, of course, and the new Nemo ride in the Living Seas building. Grant you, it's more of a queue, but the feeling of going underwater was actually kinda cool.

I know this is a WDW thread, but the old preshow for Rocket Rods was actually kinda cool. They made it in the CircleVision, but only some of the screens would show stuff and then others would show the machines wizzin' by. It was kinda neat. Better than the ride!

And yes, the key under the doormat at MuppetVision 4-D is only the beginning of the best preshow!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast