Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking I'm Going To WDW On July 4th, Anyone have July 4th Park Stories/Photos to Share?

Well if everything goes as planned I'll be attending the Magic Kingdom on July 4th.

Does anyone have photos, stories [good and bad] relating to WDW during the 4th of July?
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Re: I'm Going To WDW On July 4th, Anyone have July 4th Park Stories/Photos to Share?

You are going to be upset about this info. July 4th is one the worst days at Magic Kingdom and the other parks. Everyone wants to see the fireworks. The parking lots will fill up fast and will close. When the parking lots are full the park is already to crowded. They will divert cars to Epcot which is the largest park to handle the crowds.
    IF you go to the Magic Kingdom go as soon as it opens. You will want to leave within 4 hours. They should be staying open late until 2-3 AM If so you can go back around 11pm to midnight you can get on alot of rides. The fireworks can be seen from across the Seven Seas Lagoon to get the full affect with the perimeter shoot. Sorry but July 4th, Christmas and New Years Eve are the worst days because of the fireworks.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: I'm Going To WDW On July 4th, Anyone have July 4th Park Stories/Photos to Share?

I've actually been in the Magic Kingdom during New Year's Eve 2005-2006 and although it was bad, meaning being near the hub was insane, the park wasn't as busy as I thought it would be. Yes the park gates did stop people from coming into the MK at one point and yes the only way one could get through the CROWDED street of Main Street was to follow behind an employee... it was still fun and not a horrible experience meaning I'd do it again.

Of course I don't have kids with me so that's a whole different story.

One must have some large amounts of patience when working their way through the crowds near the hub right after the fireworks on New Year's Eve. I expect the 4th of July to be just as bad, maybe worse but still an experience worth experiencing.

This year I'll finally get to experience the 4th of July in the Magic Kingdom. Yeah.... ?
    Micoofy Duck

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

While we are on the subject, what about July 3 at the MK? Its our last day of vacation and we wouldnt miss the 4th fireworks so is it as bad as the next day or slightly better?

• Banned User

You would not catch me at the MK on July 4th, or days before or after ifthey fall on a weekend. 4th of july is a Horrible day to be at the park, and it takes over an hour to return to the parking lot after the fireworks go off... It's just bonkers.
    I much prefer to see the fireworks at EPCOT. More space to move around the park..

But here is a tip... go to the beach at the Poly and catch the 4th of July MK fireworks which take place around the MK and over the Seven Seas Lagoon; then, after the fireworks are over, head to the TTC and catch the monorail to EPCOT, and get there in time to see their 4th of july fireworks... It's the best advise I can give you... as I try to avoid going the parks for the day.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I don't know.. I'm pretty hardcore about being in the hub area when the fireworks go off... on the fourth of july. I believe 4th of july is on a weekday so maybe there will be less alot not too many crowded day.
    Micoofy Duck

• Wants to Wear the Bat Hat

Bouncing Between Eastern and Western Washington State

It's definitely crowded.
    I don't remember it being the worse, but definitely get there early.
    I worked that day (Main Street) and I don't really remember it being really bad till just before the fireworks, but it was a sea of nothing but people from the Castle all the way down to the end of Main Street. It did provide me with my celebrity moment... I had to walk right in front of the Castle about five minutes before the fireworks, nothing but flashbulbs, I felt like a star.
    There were less people in the other parts of the park... the fireworks are 360 (perimeter, behind castle, barge in Seven Seas) so you'll get to experience them basically anywhere.
    Touchdown, we also do the same exact show on the 3rd... exactly the same, much less crowded.

I'll be working down at Disney again this year... don't know where yet, but hopefully it'll be Magic Kingdom *crosses fingers*
    WDW College Program Alumni
    May 22, 2006 to January 3, 2007 - Custodial/Adventureland Operations
    May 16, 2007 to August 10, 2007 - Custodial

August 18, 2008 to January 2, 2009 - Yet to be determined Attraction!
    Hello Everyone Go Zags!

I was working at 'Ohana this past fourth of July.. it was really beautiful to see the fireworks display out the window, even though we only got part of the effect since some of the fireworks were behind us lol. It was really magical, everything in the restaurant just stopped for a little bit while the patriotic music was playing.. If you don't want to be in the parks with the crowds request a window table at 'Ohana, or go down to the Polynesian Beach. It would be beautiful.

•   

I posted a link to video in another thread, http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62455

If you are able to view the video you will see lots of people. If you are trying to ride rides, then July 4th is a drag, but if you are just there for fireworks it is not too bad.

The advice to watch the fireworks from the beach next to the Polynesian resort is best though. It's like two fireworks shows for the price of one. I did that back in 1990 and I was amazed.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Micoofy sounds like he has made up his mind about being there on that day. Have a good time, let us know if it was a mad-house.

• Golden State of Mind

i'll be there the day after the fourth to avoid to chaos!!!!!!
    BUT have fun anyway

• Pilot EdForceOne

Do they still do the 360 fireworks with some that shoot from the lagoon?

I thought they only did the 180 degree now because of all the stoppages the 360 fireworks puts on the transportation?

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Do they still do the 360 fireworks with some that shoot from the lagoon?

I thought they only did the 180 degree now because of all the stoppages the 360 fireworks puts on the transportation?
    Yes they do 360 for the following events. July 4th, Dec 30th,31st, Halloween Parties, Princess and Pirate Parties. They don't care about the transportation stoppages at all.

• Drunk On Disney

I went to WDW last July 2-5 and had one of the best times of my life.

I wrote a trip report back then: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30420

On the 4th of July I wasn't at MK, however. I went to Disney MGM, the Spirit of Aloha at the Polynesian and finished the night at Pleasure Island.

I did get to see the fireworks at MK from the beach at Polynesian and they were AMAZING!

I disagree with the concept that you should never go when it is "crowded." We had an awesome time then. I wouldn't advise it if it was your first time, but if you have been there plenty of times before you will have a great time.

I tried to seek out some of the lesser attractions that I usually overlooked and I took advantage of the longer park hours and the fact that almost NOTHING was closed for rehab.

I would also argue that with the fact that Disney does "close the gates" and has ample stores, restaurants, shops, shows and large walkways- it never feels "crowded."

Go to Six Flags NJ on July 4th. THAT gets crowded! You feel like you are standing in line constantly because there are SO many people in the walkway. Go to Sea World San Diego on Labor Day, I waited 45 minutes to buy a soda. That was crowded.

I never have felt "crowded" at WDW. Not on Easter, not on Presidents Day, not on the Fourth of July and not on New Years Eve.

However, I don't have kids. I can imagine it would be much worse with kids.

I am sure you will have a great time.

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

That is a mighty fine trip report Sweetie!

As for waiting in Sea World's Labor Day 45 minute drink line... I would have gotten the person who just got out of line and offered them twice as much for their drink so they can buy 2 later.

I will NEVER wait in line for a drink. I just couldn't do it. Bravo to you for doing it but heck no for me.
    Micoofy Duck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast