• May the F=ma be with you

Part of SSE Post Show now open

As mentioned by a change in a Disney press release, some areas of SSE's Project Tomorrow have been opened to guests. This area includes Body Builder and Super Driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Re: Part of SSE Post Show now open

I got to go on super driver today, it was a lot of fun and the post show area looks really good. The body builder requires two people and I didn't have another person with me so I did not do it. The globe in the middle is really cool and has different things appearing on the screen including a message to stay tuned for a re-imagined spaceship earth. I can't wait til they put everything in there it is a nice use of the space. My friend also told me that when they redo spaceship earth they will begin taking your photo on the ride, I think that would be interesting and will see if it happens.

• Disney: A Way of Life

wow, it's seems like it's been sooo long since there has been something in the post show area. I'm glad they finally fixed it up.
    "Beware of hitchhiking ghosts"

• "There's always my way"

I think it's been a good 10 years since there was something there? I could be exagerating but it feels that way. Can't wait to see that next month.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

I am so excited about this long overdue rehab. I've heard rumors for awhile now that they were going to gut it and make something new...plussing the attraction and providing an interactive element (a la Horizons) seems a great idea to me.

And I am so excited to see that part of the postshow area is open now...I am glad to see that Siemens is serious about fixing up this attraction.

Now, as a side note, I (scarily) had a nightmare about the SE rehab two nights ago (I wish I were making this up, but it seems now I have nightmares about WDW rehabs...no wonder my family thinks I'm crazy).

I rode the darn thing, and the scenes were replaced with shabby looking AA figures (I specifically remember Peter Pan and Meet the Robinsons...I know) and get this, painted wooden cut outs of characters (thankfully Kevin Yee, things haven't gotten that bad yet .
    I kept riding it over and over so I could complain to the CMs that they ruined it.

Then I woke up.

What's weird is that I swear over all that is holy that is a real nightmare I had. I've had nightmares where I go with my family and we don't get to do everything, or my family takes too long (thankfully, my sister also has these nightmares..so it's apparently not too weird), but this one really takes the cake.
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT1982 View Post
    I think it's been a good 10 years since there was something there? I could be exagerating but it feels that way. Can't wait to see that next month.
    Hello, a video of the new space ship earth post-show "project tomorrow" can be seen on my blog site

• Disney Memory Maker

Looks to be a much better use of space than The New Global Neighborhood (especially considering only a few of the postshow items are open now). If anyone wants to see pictures, a certain WDW forum that is MAGICal has some. Can't wait to see it in June/July (and I'm very happy to here that the ride won't be closing until after I leave).
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Diamond In The Rough

I'm just gutted that SSE will be closed for the whole of Oct, so I'll miss it in any form during my visit.

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• Mouse Extra Dave

loaloa, Nice Blog, fellow blogger! I enjoyed it alot. And thanks for the video
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."
    Mouse Extra
    feeding the Disney addiction daily
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

• Epcot's my fave park!

great that SSE has been updated, it needed it if it hasn't been updated in a decade
    Epcot rocks! I luv Capt Jack Sparrow, alongside Will & Elizabeth!
    twitter.com/wdwdisneyland7
    myspace.com/wdwdancetwirlnut
    Tiff Prendergast on Facebook
    youtube.com/svhwdwnut