Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Epcot VP is exiting Disney

Brad Rex, the VP of Epcot, will leave Disney this week. More changes to come to the executive ranks very soon.

• Banned User

Re: Epcot VP is exiting Disney

wait... is this true.

whats going on... who's replacing him?

is their any chance at a makeshift 25 now?

• "There's always my way"

this might be good news indeed. Maybe we'll see that epcot 25 afterall. Let's see. This park deserves it.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

Blog Entries

Brad Rex isn't the man who makes the decision on whether Epcot gets an anniversary or not. Unless there is a more drastic shakeup, this doesn't really do anything.

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

This is entirely true.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Eggz View Post
    Brad Rex, the VP of Epcot, will leave Disney this week. More changes to come to the executive ranks very soon.
    As in keeping with EPCOT...Brad will be replaced with a walk around character.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

I like Brad, he's a hell of a lot better than Phil over at MK. Is his departure a sure thing?? Was it his own decision or is it being forced upon him.

• Sock Puppet

It was forced. I'm not going to release the name of his replacement, but it has already been decided.

So since you are in the know, is this a good thing or a bad thing. Honestly Brad was not the worst of VP's when you look at them as a group. Epcot has gotten a fair share of upgrades under his watch and the festivals such as Food and Wine, F&G and HATW have all florished. At the same time Phil has let the MK sink to levels of dissrepair and MGM has seen multiple VP's over the last few years 3 I think and they are also in dire need of some help. Again Brad was'nt all that bad in the grand scheme of things.

Will his replacement help foster the current trend of positive changes for the park or pull the emergency break and cut off the cash flow and let the park sit????

• Sock Puppet

Brad, from an operations standpoint, was horrible. He does not know how to run a park, keep it clean, or even keep good hours. He was FANTASTIC at working with his Cast though, and any CM at Epcot knows that. He just isn't the right person to manage a theme park.

From concrete replacement to the lack of hours in the park, Brad has not overcome many issues that existed before him.

Epcot should be staying open later, the pavement shouldn't look like someone threw up all over it and the stains are left, and there shouldn't be this idea of closing attractions for "seasonality" when the attraction could do just fine if simply given a budget to update it.

Epcot is majorly flawed, and the removal of Brad is a necessary step to fix the problem that is Epcot.

Right now, there is no cash flow for Epcot. The reason you're seeing what you are is because of SIEMENS, WDI wanting to test stuff, and the marketing department wanting more characters in the park. These decisions are coming from a much higher level then Brad.

And as far as VPs going, don't expect Phil to be here much longer. As bad as Brad is, MK is in far worse shape, and the only thing that helps that park is attendance.

Now, at the Studios, Michael is over there, and he's good, but he does need to focus more on cleaning the sidewalks if he wants to keep his job. They also have many stains, and it's all the direct result of the third shift basically not existing.

• Vehicle rotating backward

I wonder, are we ever going to know who the new Brad is, or is this person intentionally going to keep a low or non-existent profile? Brad got bamboozled by his interview with AllEarsNet and fans just seem to want to blame managers for everything these days anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if park middle management lays low. It works for Ed Grier, the only thing Al Lutz can say about him is he's never seen so Al can't find something bad to report about him.

I don't know who dictates park hours, but if Dr Channing's suggestion that VPs have something to do with it is accurate, then by all means change the VPs. I understand that the winter season when I've gone (Jan/Feb) isn't when the parks stay open until midnight every day, but come on! DL in Cali is open until 10 or 11 o'clock on certain nights of the week in that season, while WDW keeps the hours of a little old lady, almost the entire resort is shut down by 8pm and Epcot hangs in there just long enough to stay open as long as, say, DCA.

• "There's always my way"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nigel Channing View Post
    It was forced. I'm not going to release the name of his replacement, but it has already been decided.
    Are you a CM at Epcot or at Disney? Just out of curiousity.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• Banned User

epcot has been closing at 9pm as long as I can remember and that was 1980s. at least since illuminations the first one sponsored by GE I mean. frankly I don't see any reason for epcot staying open later than 9pm. as far as seasonality of attractions, I didn't know VPs made those decisions any more than they decided what attractions go into their parks. but I could be wrong. To me the park that needs the most attention right now is the studios. the entire park needs an overhawl from attractions to shows. the only things that I would keep as is are TOT, Rocknrollercoaster, playhouse disney, and the car stunt show. Everything else would be updated or replaced.

So again I have to ask will they replace him with someone who genually cares about Epcot and wants to improve it?

Or will it be much of the same, I would love a Matt Ouimet type scenario wow that would be great

and I am glad to hear Phil is on the way out, not a fan at all

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    epcot has been closing at 9pm as long as I can remember and that was 1980s.
    Not to be nitpicky, but I saved an Epcot map from when my high school band played there in 1996, and the park was open until 9:30. It was Easter Week.
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast