Question Backstage Magic Tour

Okay I need some advice and couldn't find it any other thread yet.

How far in advance do you or should you call to make reservations if you want to take this tour?

I'm sure I have other questions but I can't think of any right now.
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• I was deleted.

Re: Backstage Magic Tour

I'm guessing you mean the Keys to the Kingdom tour? I haven't taken it personally, but I've heard good things of it.

The Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour and the 50th tour (I know you've been on that one ) were created with help from WDW's tour makers - so that might help you judge if you want to do it or not.

I have done the Magic of Disney Steam Trains tour and I found that to be lots of fun!

I've heard great things about the Keys to the Kingdom tour. I've also taken the Steam Trains tour as well as the Mickey's Magical Moments tour. They are all very interesting and really worth it.

There are also some very exciting tours at Epcot. The Undiscovered Future World and the Behind the Seeds tour at the Land are very unique and awesome!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

This is what I believe she is talking about. It's a bit different than Keys to the Kingdom but just as fun:

Backstage Magic—Take a peek behind the magic! Discover the Disney secrets you've always wondered about on this fascinating tour that gives you an extraordinary look at the artistic, scientific and technical operations that go into creating the awesome special effects, entertainment and attractions that are the cornerstones of Walt Disney World Resort.

Your behind-the-scenes adventure begins at Epcot and stops backstage at Disney-MGM Studios and Magic Kingdom Park. From the Disney Florist to the North Service area, you will get a rare glimpse of what it takes to create and maintain the magic every day.

Duration: 7 hours

Cost: $199* per guest

* Prices and showtimes are subject to change without notice.

Additional Information
    • Lunch at Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano is included.
    • All prices include tax. Program itinerary, content and prices are subject to change without notice.
    • Guests must be at least 16 years old to attend.
    • Due to behind-the-scenes access, a photo ID is required while attending this program.
    Disney Tip: This is primarily a walking tour, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes. Some of this tour is outdoors, so don't forget hats, sunglasses and sunscreen.

Disney Trivia: Walt Disney wanted to be sure that the "business" of the park would never intrude on the "show." So he built approximately 1.5 miles of "utilidors," the access tunnels beneath the Magic Kingdom.

I am not sure how far in advance you can make the reservation. If you have a Disney Visa, Annual Pass, or AAA membership make sure you ask if there are any discounts.

• and too all a good fright

With all things Disney, sooner is better than later. I did this April 3rd and booked 3 weeks in advance. I think it depends on the size of your party and the time your going. If you are a party of one (raise the roof!) your luck of finding of an open spot increases.

This was a good tour. Being the disney geek that I am, I didn't learn much new, but seeing the backstage stuff was very cool. The quality of the tour may vary based on the guide. My partner took this tour a while ago and while he saw the same stuff, the information he got and his experience was very different.

• World Traveler

I also did the "Backstage Magic" tour. It was great. I have a review of it on Micechat.

I would reserve the tour as far in advance as possible. I believe it's refundable.

Also, if you have the Disney Visa card, make sure to ask for your discount!

Talking Re: Backstage Magic Tour

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    I also did the "Backstage Magic" tour. It was great. I have a review of it on Micechat.

I would reserve the tour as far in advance as possible. I believe it's refundable.

I made my reservations on Saturday. The tour is 7 hours long and cost $199 (I got a Disney Visa discount off of this price). Lunch is included.
    Thanks for everyone's advice!
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• "There's always my way"

is there one just for the magic kingdom? cost?

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• and too all a good fright

There is the Keys to the Kingdom Tour which is just MK. I have never taken it, but the description says it goes backstage.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...ingdomTourPage

Open the door to the secrets behind the creation and growth of the Magic Kingdom®. Enjoy stops backstage and at a variety of favorite attractions as you discover the remarkable history of the Park and hear intriguing stories about Walt Disney, his visions, philosophies and amazing accomplishments.

Duration: 4 1/2 - 5 hours
    Cost: $60.00◊ per person

Additional Information
    • Book a tour in advance by calling (407) WDW-TOUR.

Guests must be at least 16 years old to attend this program.

Lunch is included.

This is an outdoor walking program.

Guest are required to have a photo ID in their possession during the program.
    • Large bags and cameras are not permitted on this tour.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post

http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disney-world-resort/27798-backstage-magic-detailed-tour-report.html

Found it for you, great review by the way....

I would guess 6 months would a prime amount of time to reserve a spot for the tour.

• World Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    great review by the way....
    Thanks!