Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• We'll hold them at bay

Boutique in Cinderella's Castle

Is the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique coming to Cinderella's Castle? Seems like a nice idea to me.

http://www.mouseextra.com/2007/05/01...stle/#comments
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Boutique in Cinderella's Castle

Yes it's coming. I'm honestly not too thrilled about it though.

• Yes?

Hehe...we already had a very heated discussion thread about this...enjoy!

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61810
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Mouse Extra Dave

But perhaps here we can actually discuss the BBB, because that thread didn't discuss much! LOL!
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."
    Mouse Extra
    feeding the Disney addiction daily
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by dbm20th View Post
    But perhaps here we can actually discuss the BBB, because that thread didn't discuss much! LOL!
    You're right. It seems whenever we do try to discuss it, it just degrades into a pro/anti child discussion of how WDW caters to children...see, I just kind of did it again. I have no problem with it going in there and as far as theme is concerned, it works.
    am I the burrito man?

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    You're right. It seems whenever we do try to discuss it, it just degrades into a pro/anti child discussion of how WDW caters to children...see, I just kind of did it again. I have no problem with it going in there and as far as theme is concerned, it works.

Makes me wonder how the castle is plumbed. You need water and drains for a salon. The kitchen has them (of course) - I wonder where they run in proximity to where the BBB is going to be.

There - on topic, non-offensive, and none of that other stuff that shall not be discussed

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Makes me wonder how the castle is plumbed. You need water and drains for a salon. The kitchen has them (of course) - I wonder where they run in proximity to where the BBB is going to be.

There - on topic, non-offensive, and none of that other stuff that shall not be discussed

-dave
    Hmmm...good point about the plumbing. Wouldn't those shops have had restrooms in the stock area for the CMs to use while working? So, maybe they can run more pipe from those??? And the kitchen is clear on the other side of castle right?
    am I the burrito man?

• I was deleted.

Well it was presented as news and then left up for discussion that lasted over 100 posts...

• Banned User

That's because there is not much to discuss about this BBB concept. It's just a bad call for adult fans who enjoy the park and the window shopping. The MK should not be about the kids, but about everyone equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave
    Makes me wonder how the castle is plumbed. You need water and drains for a salon.
    Forgive me but the BBB is not a salon. They do not cut hair, nor do they do shampooing and the sort. The place is only an overpriced makeover studio for little girls (and boys who want to be like) where the CMs only re-style hair and add glitter if requested, and may do very light makeup and nail work. I don't think an extensive rehab involving plumbing, sinks and toilets is needed. In fact, this whole BBB is not needed, but who am I to criticize all-mighty DisneyCo and their bad ideas?

I don't want to belittle the BBB concept...that's great for the kids and the parents/grandparents who have the Amex black to pay for it..but I will say that I will miss the art/glass shop in back of the castle.
    When I was there a couple of weeks ago, I bought a lithograph right off the wall. It is about to take a proud spot over my mantle back home, and when I talk to anyone about it, I will proudly say that it came right out of Cinderella's castle at the MK. That is what makes the picture even more special than it already is.
    I later discovered that I could have bought it at DD, or MGM, or even online and now the fact that the shop is closing makes it even more prized. But the fact that it came out of the castle makes it even more special (so does the 2nd mortgage that I need to pay for the lithograph...LOL)

Just my random thoughts...
    If you ever plan to motor West, travel my way, take the highway that's the best....Get your kicks on Route 66!!!

I have not been in the castle in a long time (recently it always seems to be blocked off due to some show that seems to run continually all day long). However, a long time ago they had a shop that sold renaissance reproductions and jewelry. It was one of my mom's favorite shops, and I liked it to... it fit in in that spot.

If I am correct, the BBB is replacing a Art of Disney store that now occupies this space... not the little, well-themed renaissance reproduction store that once stood there. IMO the first tragedy was when Art of Disney replaced the original store... Art of Disney fits worse in that spot that BBB, IMO. At least BBB fits with the theme of cinderella.

I just want to add that my dd is not a princess fan, so don't think that's the reason I'm saying this!
    Last edited by Nom; 05-02-2007 at 11:47 AM. Reason: spelling

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

This is incorrect. Art of Disney has shared the space with the renaissance-like store you refer to for quite some time. And the shop is almost always open except during Wishes rope-off times. When the castle show is on, you just must enter from Fantasyland.

it used to be all renaissance stuff, from what I remember, when we first went to wdw (I've been going since 82)... I went in there once since they reduced the renaissance stuff, and it was a bit jarring to walk from the nicely themed renaissance room into the modern gallery atmosphere of Art of Disney. Also, they had reduced their renaissance stock, so they did not carry as much unique jewelry as they used to (the reason my mom liked the store).

I know you can enter the area from the back- I miss being able to freely walk through the castle. It was part of the experience and set the stage for the renaissance shop. I just mentioned that to explain that I had not been in there in a while, since the main entry from the front has been mainly closed.

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

The castle show has been there for years, and ever since the start of Cinderella's Surprise Celebration, it's been very hard to go through the castle during most of the day. A "whlie" for you must be like 4 years. You're not too updated, are ya? lol

• Banned User

I am dating myself but I remember the kids of the kingdom shows at the castle. they weren't nearly as elaborate but were fun and seasonal as well. I really wish they would get rid of the castle stage and move the show to a more permanent theater maybe in fantasyland or redo the tommorrowland theater.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast