Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• I was deleted.

Re: World Showcase Restaurant Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nigel Channing View Post
    They have melted butter there I think.
    No! Apparently melting butter is the same as warming a baby's bottle. They cannot do it. It is against Disney health code to give someone butter that isn't practically frozen with a steak!

I really should've gone to Guest Relations... but we came in through the International Gateway. Oh well, maybe next time.

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

Maybe next time I can bring a butter warmer for ya. lol

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Well I wasn't too impressed with the Mexican offerings but maybe that's because I'd been to Don Pablo's beforehand.
    Wow.. high aspirations..

Don Pablos is like the TGI Fridays of Mexican

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Wow.. high aspirations..

Don Pablos is like the TGI Fridays of Mexican
    ...And the fact that some of us would prefer Don Pablo's over Mexico's San Angel can only be further proof of our dissatisfaction with Mexico's overpriced restaurant.

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    GOOD CALL!!! Or better yet... go to the Ale House (behind DTD on rte. #535), where you can find great mexican, italian, american, deli, seafood and many fu-fu dishes in a decent atmosphere and for quarter the price it would cost you to eat at EPCOT's inflated places. Try their Jambalaya dish next time for a real kick in your taste buds!
    The Ale House should hire you as their spokes person, TDLFan! You always say to go there over anywhere else...but I agree with you that they do have good food, at a good price with huge portion sizes. That being said, I think most people on vacation will pay the inflated prices at WDW because they either arre afraid to leave the resort or want to try what WDW has to offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• May the F=ma be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nigel Channing View Post
    I leave Ep-ity-cot early because they close down my attraction early. Grr.
    I do not mind people leaving EPCOT early but I do mind that Carabbas is considered an Italian Restaurant! My stomach jumped out of my throat when I heard that!

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Banned User

i love carrabas and macaroni grill and olive garden but they don't belong at epcot. the only restaurants I haven't eaten in at this point are le celier, and france. The morrocan restaurant used to have a belly dancer that entertained during the dinner hour.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Japan's new dining will put an emphasis on sushi. I know that's what it was for Food & Wine, but was was it before?

Cantina de San Angel added 25 more seats from the Grand Fiesta Tour. They are going to take out a retail location to open a 50- to 60-seat tequila bar.
    REading the Japan menu on allears, it seemed like it was already mostly sushi to me! But it might have just been mostly fish. But that part of the article made me chuckle.

And they must think the alcohol will sell more than the store did. They're probably right!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    REading the Japan menu on allears, it seemed like it was already mostly sushi to me! But it might have just been mostly fish. But that part of the article made me chuckle.
    The thing is, it sounds like they're getting rid of TWO restaurants (one that did NOT specialize in Sushi) for ONE restaurant that has mostly Sushi.

Here's the big mistake: A lot of non-Japanese won't touch Sushi. Or even go to a place where they think that it's pretty much just a big sushi bar. So, by demolishing a non-sushi and a sushi place in favor of a sushi place, I'm sure they're going to lose a lot of their non-sushi lovers.

Also, it gives a rather skewed version of Japanese food. Sure, there's a lot of sushi, but this would only emphasize to many preconceptions that Sushi is all there is to eat in Japan!

Can't they just continue doing what they've done for so long? Even we have a non-sushi Japanese seafood restaurant in our city... (mmm... I hope that has reopened! I really want a lunch box now...)
    -Tim

• We'll hold them at bay

I don't know, I always really liked the San Angel Inn.
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Say no to Assimilation

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    I do not mind people leaving EPCOT early but I do mind that Carabbas is considered an Italian Restaurant! My stomach jumped out of my throat when I heard that!
    Seriously! With soo many chain restaurants out there we grown accustomed to eating bland food from places like Carabbas, Ale house, Chilis, and thinking it really represents food from that region of the world.
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tbminnie View Post
    Seriously! With soo many chain restaurants out there we grown accustomed to eating bland food from places like Carabbas, Ale house, Chilis, and thinking it really represents food from that region of the world.
    Well.. no one is arguing that those restaurants only serve food based on what they think it's the real thing and what have you... But the point being debated is not that, but this one: They are cheaper places to eat,with more selection, and in some cases...better quality food, than those served in WDW' over priced restaurants. If you think you are getting food that really represent the culinary flavors of each World Showcase nation at EPCOT, as opposed to the fare we get outside the property, well, you are then quite mistaken as well.

• Creative Director

I have had nothing but stellar food experiences wherever I have been in World Showcase. Truly, no joke...and when it comes to food, I know what I'm talking about. Having world-class, 5 star trained chefs in the family pays off. =)

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    I have had nothing but stellar food experiences wherever I have been in World Showcase. Truly, no joke...and when it comes to food, I know what I'm talking about. Having world-class, 5 star trained chefs in the family pays off. =)
    I had no idea there was so much hate for these restaurants until this thread... I have always VERY much enjoyed these restaurants and some of them are my favorite places to eat.

Especially Le Cellier. Yum.

And while they might not be completely authentic, reasons for not being are very understandable -- in some cases, that would make it even more expensive to eat there! Importing of every exotic food item that would be required just isn't very doable. Plus, we're adding the American taste buds to the equation. Wouldn't be good business.

My personal tastes would be for completely authentic food, but I know it's not entirely possible.
    -Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tbminnie View Post
    ITA! I think that for people who don't have many authentic ethnic restaurants available in their hometown area, places like those chains do seem really good... but for me, living in the Northeast and having a lot of authentic places all around... I can't stand and try to avoid those chains.

As for the World Showcase restaurants- I eat there more for the ambiance. I think San Angel Inn is not that good, but the atmosphere is awesome... same for the beirgarten. Norway was neat, back before it was all princess all the time, since I didn't get exposure to that kind of food anywhere else. I've never eaten in china or japan, since I eat at local chinese and japanese places all the time and have no desire to try it at WDW. Italy was so-so to me... france was neat, again, becuase I don't have much exposure to it at home. I am trying canada for the first time in oct- can't wait!

So I think that the opinions can have a lot to do with what you are exposed to at home.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast