Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

Re: Soarin' Queue Area changes coming!

Fastpass is here to stay, survey after survey shows that it increases the average tourists happiness. While I know it sucks for you locals, those of us who can only go down on a less then yearly basis and go commando to try and make up for our reduced time its essential to getting on our favorite rides multiple times a day.

• "There's always my way"

here's an update on that article posted earlier from Screamscape:

I’ve got a few more updates about the changes at Soarin’ today. There is no need to add a Single Rider Lane because it already had one when the ride first opened for previews, but was quickly closed by Walt Disney World management when they realized they could fill pretty much every seat in the ride without one and managing the long lines that formed for the single rider queue was more of a headache than it was worth. It also seems that they may not bother with raising the wall between the two queues, but instead they will add several interactive spots in the queue to keep the guests occupied.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Fastpass is here to stay, survey after survey shows that it increases the average tourists happiness. While I know it sucks for you locals, those of us who can only go down on a less then yearly basis and go commando to try and make up for our reduced time its essential to getting on our favorite rides multiple times a day.
    How do you know survey after survey gives FP high marks? Are you employed by Disney? Because last time I got together with my friend who happens to work as a survey taker, all she tells me they ask is about your income, how long you will be on property and stuff like that to help the company figure out how much they can push the prices of a visit upward. Maintenance, and other conveniences are not part of the survey and that includes FP most times.

But as you said... the service is geared to those of you who have nothing else to do but run from one ride to the next. Those of us who would enjoy our visits in a more sedated fashion or would like to stumble onto a ride and do it just because we feel like it, get screwed by this system. Reason why I repeated mention "my opinions mean nothing" but it sure is good to let it out.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    How do you know survey after survey gives FP high marks? Are you employed by Disney? Because last time I got together with my friend who happens to work as a survey taker, all she tells me they ask is about your income, how long you will be on property and stuff like that to help the company figure out how much they can push the prices of a visit upward. Maintenance, and other conveniences are not part of the survey and that includes FP most times.

But as you said... the service is geared to those of you who have nothing else to do but run from one ride to the next. Those of us who would enjoy our visits in a more sedated fashion or would like to stumble onto a ride and do it just because we feel like it, get screwed by this system. Reason why I repeated mention "my opinions mean nothing" but it sure is good to let it out.
    Disney is becomming a project managers wet dream. Fastpass makes you plan out your ride schedule, EMH makes you plan out your park visits, and With sit-down restaruant packed to the gills thanks to the DDP, you need to plan out your meals.

And the scary thing is, taken alone, I like FP and I like EMH (I don't like DDP) and I am more of a "I do project management for a living, when I am on vacation I just want to play it by ear" kind of guy.

Now I am all confused I think I just hurt myself with this post.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Banned User

I happen to have taken at least 5 of those disney surveys and have been asked about a number of things depending on what they wanted to check on. I did take one that had to do specifically with FP and ride wait times. I told them at the time that while FP was good in theory in reality it clogs lines more because you have FP people waiting in line and they have to get loaded in before everyone else. and since you are limited in the number of FP you can get for one ride it doesn't help with people who want to ride the ride over and over. Oh and TDLFAN I took one on the cleanliness of the parks last summer and thought of you the whole time. I think they were testing whether or not the extra janatorial CPs were worth it. apparently they were because i hear they are doing it again this summer.

• Disney Girl Forever!

thank walt that they're finally adding a single rider enterance.......that's def. one ride that was in desperate need of it :-)

• Beware of Mutant Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by KnightStitchChica View Post
    thank walt that they're finally adding a single rider enterance.......that's def. one ride that was in desperate need of it :-)
    Umm... I think we all just explained that they are not adding one. They already had one and removed it.

Best hold on to Your Hats and Glasses, 'cause this heres the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

• ...TWO BITS!

Why is Disney trying to separate groups lately? There was the separation of Disneyland's Indiana Jones and Jungle Cruise. Now this. I'm sure there are more examples that I'm missing.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

They will not open the singles line again, that is now a cast walkway. The cast can load the rows without the need for singles.

I know the Soarin' single rider line in DCA takes as long as the regular que in a lot of cases. I did it once and stood through countless cycles of the ride waiting for a single seat to become available. Other times I saw the single rider que stetching out a hunred feet from the entrance! This is one ride that single rider que just does not work well for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12