Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• "There's always my way"

Post Soarin' Queue Area changes coming!

SEE UPDATE ON PAGE TWO

Soarin' at Epcot's the Land pavilion will be doing some changes to the queue. There's even mention of a rumored Single Riders line. Here's the article from Screamscape:

In addition to regular maintenance to replacing some of the flooring in spots, we’ve heard that they may raise the barrier between the FastPass and Stand-By queues so that they wont be able to see each other. We’ve also heard rumors about adding some kind of interactive devices or terminals for guests to play with while they wait. We’ve also heard something about possibly adding a single rider queue too, but so far no confirmation on that rumor.
    I think it will be a great idea if they do this and add a single riders line...

SEE UPDATE ON PAGE TWO
    Last edited by EPCOT1982; 05-04-2007 at 09:04 AM. Reason: added an update to page 2 of the article

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Soarin' Queue Area changes coming!

I'm still trying to figure out what they use half the queue for to start with!

What's on the other side of the wall? Emergency exit?

If I recall, there are two lines today, bordered by the lower walkway on the right, and a partial wall on the left, correct?

not too sure.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what they use half the queue for to start with!

What's on the other side of the wall? Emergency exit?

If I recall, there are two lines today, bordered by the lower walkway on the right, and a partial wall on the left, correct?

Yes, I'm happy for this change. The flat screens on the wall were great for a little while with the trivia but if your waiting in line for an hour or so, it gets tiring fast.

This is the only photo I could find..

• I was deleted.

Arg... re-add the single rider line. C'mon... WDW families can figure out that they won't be riding with their parties if they go that route!

single riders will aleviate the lines and guarantees full capacity on the rides. I wish they could do this with a lot of rides, like thunder mountain or other rides.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT1982 View Post
    single riders will aleviate the lines and guarantees full capacity on the rides. I wish they could do this with a lot of rides, like thunder mountain or other rides.
    They have the ability to add the single rider line to the FP side as it is two lanes anyway, I think its a great idea.

• Banned User

The only change they could do here to improve the whole queue and waiting experience is to eliminate fastpass for good, and that goes for most high capacity rides like omnimovers, coasters and theater shows. Disney would not be in this predicament if it wasn't because they screwed up the good old fashion and very effective first come, first serve line we all should expect when we go to theme parks. Single riders line are Ok but not the solution to the problem.

• Disney: A Way of Life

the interactive screens would really help the queue be less boring when not standing in line for stand-by. The first time I did Soarin' at WDW, we waited in line for over 2 hours and the trivia screens got old VERY fast and did not help at all
    "Beware of hitchhiking ghosts"

• Banned User

The problem that I see with interactive screens (same problem I saw at the new Spaceship Earth post show) is this: Kids who will take over them and won't let go. I can see, kids getting into these interactive screens to the point that they will be so enthralled, when the line moves.. some child (or even adult) will delay the movement of the queue until they can bring themselves to let go of the interactive screen gizmo. This may make the time go a bit faster for some but won't help the situation in the end.

I would prefer Disney used the money for some other needed endeavors within the property.. like upgrading the MK attractions and cleanliness...

Sorry, but I'm VERY sure Single Riders isn't coming back. You see, when Soarin' opened it was built with a Single Riders line, but when they started trying it, it just didn't work. The number of people using it was way more than the number of empty seats. You waited there forever! I can still remember waiting in that same spot for over an hour. (And the Standby line wasn't that bad too!) It just didn't work well, so they covered up the sign and stopped using it. (You can still see the empty line, and the empty wait time sign next to Fastpass Return.)
    WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?

Every time I ride it though you always hear the castmember calling out into the crowd...

"Party of two, any parties of two? Everyone please make way for the party of two."

Seems to me they need a couples only line.

• Another trip down I-4

I've had about 20 min shaved off the wait time due to traveling in a party of 2. It was great.

• When Will It Return?

Single Rider Lines work perfectly when they aren't advertised all over the place with big flashy signs, as is the case in DCA.

Most every DCA attraction has a single rider line, but the only way anyone knows about it is if they already know it, or read the park map and see the Single Rider Service symbol. Once at the attraction, there's usually a small sign directing single riders where to go, and/or showing the Single Rider entrance itself.

Since Single Riders are only filling up empty seats anyway, not having a big neon sign alongside stand-by and FastPass appears to work the best, and it would certainly work for a ride whose queue is already designed with a Single Rider line like Epcot's Soarin'.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    The only change they could do here to improve the whole queue and waiting experience is to eliminate fastpass for good, and that goes for most high capacity rides like omnimovers, coasters and theater shows. Disney would not be in this predicament if it wasn't because they screwed up the good old fashion and very effective first come, first serve line we all should expect when we go to theme parks. Single riders line are Ok but not the solution to the problem.
    I TOTALLY agree

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast