Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• I was deleted.

Re: Why don't they promote the Adventurers Club?

flynnibus - If you got to PI, I suggest that you just give AC a try. Go in there and see one of their main shows in the lobby. I didn't like it at first when I was 17 and there with my mom in 2003 at one of the smaller shows. But when I went in 2005, just two years later I LOVED it. You just have to go with an open mind (and go to the main room) and it'll be fun.

They are actors. They might flirt with you, but it isn't with the intent that you will "pick them up." They are doing it to be funny or make other characters jealous.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    They are actors. They might flirt with you, but it isn't with the intent that you will "pick them up." They are doing it to be funny or make other characters jealous.
    That's what I'm saying.. I don't goto a bar for a show. When I go out to the bars.. I have no interest in being part of a game or show. As I stated before.. bars are for socializing and drinking. Anything else is a distraction.

Socializing around a game a pool or golden tee is nothing like playing games with actors and the like.

Some people like going out just to flirt alone.. they enjoy the game more then the results. That's not me. I'm not out to hook up every night.. We can just be friendly.. but I when I circle up with my friends to go out and drink (which we did several times in PI on my last trip) I'm not interested 'games' or shows.

We ended up drinking at the Irish Bar most of the time but the crowds kind of sucked.

I draw a line between bars and clubs as well. Clubs are where people go to be seen and dance. Bars are where people go to socialize and drink. Don't confuse the two or someone will be disappointed in the place they end up

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

Yes you are right what ever you do DON'T try it. It is the worst place in the world!!! Who would want to go and have fun at a Disney place at night! Or Walt forbid try something new!?!?!?!

BPF, that just means more space for us to sit!
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
    BPF, that just means more space for us to sit!
    Yes Jern, but if I'm there when flynnibus is, I'd love to show him this place... even if he'll just leave to go to Rock'n'Roll club or 8Trax.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Yes Jern, but if I'm there when flynnibus is, I'd love to show him this place... even if he'll just leave to go to Rock'n'Roll club or 8Trax.
    Or Mannequins Dance Palace
    ;-)

Just give up it sounds like he is set in his ways and will fight you no matter what. So his problem, the rest of us can go and have fun at the HOOPLA!!!!
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Pilot EdForceOne

No immediate plans for WDW again this year.. was there in March.. but should be in DLR in June

And no I wouldn't go in the dance clubs either I only go in there when the girls we are with want to Dance I prefer bars to clubs.

I'm an old scrooge when it comes to my tastes in bars

My style is more like this
    http://01832e5.netsolhost.com/MediaPlayer/media.htm
    or this
    http://thestarboard.com/shots/2007/03/17/002

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I have never been there, but kinda always wanted to. Although, I don't know how comfortable I would be if I were being made the butt of people's jokes in such a public arena as this. The same reason I am wary of Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. I do not want to be made a public spectacle without me being the one making me one.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    No immediate plans for WDW again this year.. was there in March.. but should be in DLR in June

And no I wouldn't go in the dance clubs either I only go in there when the girls we are with want to Dance I prefer bars to clubs.

I'm an old scrooge when it comes to my tastes in bars

My style is more like this
    http://01832e5.netsolhost.com/MediaPlayer/media.htm
    or this
    http://thestarboard.com/shots/2007/03/17/002

Flynn, I agree with you in the choice of bar, as I prefer those old dives too. But the Adventurer's Club isn't meant to be the same, nor is it meant to be a "club" that hollywood tries to convince you is cool. It's just a good time that isn't an experience that you could replicate anywhere else.

Sure, there's actors and actresses putting on a show. Who cares? You're right... it's NOT the same as playing pool or a game of darts. That's the total point! And I guarantee you that anyone who goes to the AC for the first time is NOT there to hit on someone or get lucky. It's just a good time with friends.

So it's not your cup of tea. No big deal. I personally want to hear more about this club, as I plan on going in October. So let's start talking more about how this whole thing works and not why certain folks think it's beneath them to attend.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I have never been there, but kinda always wanted to. Although, I don't know how comfortable I would be if I were being made the butt of people's jokes in such a public arena as this. The same reason I am wary of Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. I do not want to be made a public spectacle without me being the one making me one.
    Hold it you deal with BPF all the time but worry about that?!?!? I have never been made the butt of any jokes at AC. Yes I have been pulled up on stage and made to dance and bump and grind, but it was all for fun. Monsters Inc. is just like sitting at a ball game, they could put the camera on you and write something silly at any time.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

I loved AC when it first opened in 1990. Next time, I am in WDW, I need to go back. Maybe we should have a micechat meet there. lol

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Flynn, I agree with you in the choice of bar, as I prefer those old dives too
    Those aren't old dives. Old dive is the local towny bar I goto every week They are bars. Seacrets is both bar and club.. but they are seperate areas of the same place (club is indoors... bars are out on the beach)

Sure, there's actors and actresses putting on a show. Who cares? You're right... it's NOT the same as playing pool or a game of darts. That's the total point!
    Which is why I said its not for me. For a lot of the same reasons I don't like Prime Time in MGM... I don't want to be harassed when eating or drinking.. even in 'show'.

So let's start talking more about how this whole thing works and not why certain folks think it's beneath them to attend.
    Who said its 'beneath them'? I said it doesn't appeal to me for the reasons outlined.

It reminds me more of a dinner show then it does a bar.

• Man O Lantern

That's the whole point of the place.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I don't really think there is much need to push the Adventurer's Club. I was at the World in March and while the parks were reather calm, the Adventure's Club was rather busy.

Flynn I have asked this 2 or 3 times now. Have you ever been there? Or are you just judging it off of things you have read?

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

The AC isn't a bar. It's a show. You don't go there to drink and hang out with people. You go there to see a show. Just because it serves alcohol, doesn't make it a bar? I'm a little confused. It doesn't look like any type of bar of club I've ever seen inside, either.

The AC is one of the things I'm most looking forward to doing when I go back to WDW.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast