Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Progress on Ticket System Merger including new FastPasses...

Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT1982 View Post
    I remember mentioning this in my thread a while back that Disney was going to be changing the tickets in favor of barcode and will eventually have to change the fastpass machines as well. Expect them to change all fastpass machines in favor of this new one. You'll see. It be nice to include both DL and WDW in one ticket. They should offer some kind of discount to WDW APs at DL and vice versa.
    Yup.. that would be this thread!

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ic#post1562423

We mentioned e-tickets and of course the machine updates (from both you and the 'Dr')

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by SkittleKicks View Post
    Ah man, better get my WDW AP before I have to pay for DL also!
    Now now, it will be a while, if ever, when this kicks in. It's all based on market demand and pricing.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    I'd love it if the AP was good for Disneyland and WDW. It would make the trip to visit DL that much easier.
    I agree, but it depends on the price.

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    If its true that the AP would be 300 dollars more just to include DL then I'd be against it if there still wasn't the normal WDW AP as well. The AP is very expensive as it is. In that case I'd say no if its the only option.
    I also agree, if it goes up to much, I will have to limit myself, spending almost $1,000 for my family of 3 for AP's is ridiculous already. If the price increases to where I can't justify it to myself, I might have to stop being an AP holder.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    $600 for a WDW/DL AP ... sign me up yesterday!!!

Heck, for our WDW AP's it was $465 and DL's premium AP is $359.

IMO WDW's should still be more because you get 2 additional parks ... but I digress.

Even $700 for a 6 park AP would be worth it for us. Even at $800 you'd still be saving $24 off the current price.
    Yeah, that is way to much for my family. I use my income tax return to get my AP's but I have other things I want to get for my family as well. If it goes up this much, unless our income goes up tremendously, I wouldn't be able to afford it at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by TarzanRocked99-06 View Post
    Yes all the reasons I love Epcot plus it is just such a beautiful park, however I find it funny how many people from Disneyland do not seem to like Epcot as much as Studios or DAK. And for that matter how many of them do not like ROE, I always here the comment that it is boring or too much globe. Pretty much everyone I know locally would not have it any other way. Oh well different coast different taste I guess.

And I would have thought Disneyland would have switched to bio's awhile ago, pictures are so time consuming and open for interpretation
    I'm not impressed with RoE either, I've seen it and it was nice, I got it, but eh, no need to see it again. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SkittleKicks View Post
    Ah man, better get my WDW AP before I have to pay for DL also!
    I just renewed mine, yay! LOL

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I'm not impressed with RoE either, I've seen it and it was nice, I got it, but eh, no need to see it again. LOL
    I honestly didn't enjoy it that much until I was around it so often. When I was younger I was easily bored with it, even as a senior in high school it was cool - but not as much as Wishes. Maybe that's because I grew up going to Disneyland and I'm a "Disneyland" person in that respect? I'm not quite sure. But what I do know is that it's really a show that has grown on me as I've learned the music and lyrics from watching it quite often (thank you Food & Wine Festival) so now I often sing along. But in the big picture, it's sad that I've seen this show more times without the inferno barge, than with.

• Sock Puppet

Yeah, I'm the same way. Reflections grows on you, it's amazing. Though I do love Wishes as well, I do seem to get tired of Wishes after a while. Heh heh.

Anyhow, let's get back to these new fastpass machines. =)

Currently they only have switched the printers in the machines. That means the scanners are still the old ones, and they currently only can scan the magnetic strips. Barcodes will come later though.

• MiceAge Columnist

I simply cannot imagine a different show than ROE now in the lagoon. It's amazingly astoundingly good.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

I have to throw in my love of Reflections. It is the BEST fireworks show at WDW. When I used to work the International Gateway, it was the highlight of my day to see the fireworks and listen to the music. I think it was superbly written and produced, and is always performed with the utmost excellence. Plus, when they add the holiday tag it becomes an experience like no other.

I like Wishes too, but I think I like RoE more because it's not something I normally expect from a Disney park. Wishes is almost too predictable. I'm not saying it's a bad show, in fact, it's a wonderful show, but I will always have a special place in my heart for RoE.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Sock Puppet

Ha ha, see, there you have it!

And by the way Kevin, feel free to post in your next article that the next attraction to get the new fastpasses is Everest.

• Circle of Ancients

You know, when we saw ROE I wasn't overly impressed. Maybe it was the long day, or the fact that our Son wasn't liking the fireworks and therefore Belle wasn't enjoying it.

We'll be seeing it again in a few weeks, and hopefully this time we will enjoy it.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I liked the old style of show better... the marches.. etc. The 'tone' of RoE is just too sappy for me. The globe is cool, but boring watching the video that is hard to make out for so long. The globe is better then the laser 'globe' that preceded it, but I liked the lasers and inclusion of the world showcase better in the old shows.

RoE is 'ehh'. to me. I prefer wishes

• May the F=ma be with you

I agree with Kevin. I cannot fathom a more spectacular spectacle on the lagoon. Personally, I do not think that even Gaven or Greenway can top this....

Oh yes they can. RoE with the PoE tag gives new significance to the words promise, celebration, and meaning. People can say whatever they want about it being boring but the story behind it all is just too overpowering for me and many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

The new fastpass/ ticketing system sounds great. I'm hoping there will continue to be different AP's like the standard and deluxe Annuals. The Disneyland/ DCA additions would be great for Deluxe but there should be still AP's that cater to those who cannot get to Disneyland/ DCA or who do not want to visit the waterparks, etc. Hopefully the data supports the needs for different types of AP's.

ROE is a wonderful end to a day at EPCOT. I love these types of Finale' shows. Wishes! and ROE are great. Fantasmic! at MGM is a good start but could be better. AK needs a Finale' Perhaps something on the seldom used river. Thanks for the info Nigel.

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    RoE is 'ehh'. to me. I prefer wishes
    Agreed

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    People can say whatever they want about it being boring but the story behind it all is just too overpowering for me and many others.

You hit the nail on the head for me. Are there better "fireworks" shows - sure there are, all over the place. But I submit that RoE is not a "fireworks" show. It's something different, a show that happens to include a fireworks section.

To me, the message in Wishes is a little too much force fed, whith the voice over spelling it out for you. You are basicly force fed a script, like listening to a speech with fireworks in the background.

RoE on the other hand develops the story with music, lights, images, fire, and fireworks. When the World "wakes up" again after the dawn of earth is shown on the globe with the metaphore of sparks of civilization comming to fuition around the lagoon as the lighting of the various countries that eventualy all light up the represented world together. Couple that with the time change and up-tempo change to the music, Man, how could you NOT be moved at some level. It really, really is a powerful show.

One thing that I notice is a LOT of people say they cannot make out the images on the globe. Try to some night. Try to get "seats" that while not ideal for aerial shells, bring you closer to the globe. The images really make the show, along with the music.

Oddly enough, I have no problem seeing the globe and whats on it, and seeing at night is most assuredly not my strong suit.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• World Traveler

Very interesting. Thanks for the update.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast