•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Leaving on Sunday - I'm almost packed

I don't know why this trip is so different from the previous ones. Usually, I have been packed for weeks. Finally packed my clothes today. So the checked bag is ready to go. This trip is much longer than the last one. 7 nights. Split stay between Port Orleans Riverside and the Beach Club. I have all the stuff out that I want to go in the carryon, and I guess I better get back to it. Finally decide what to put in, and what I really do not need. I always carry things, that I do not use, but then I have been known to leave something out, that I could have used on my trip. Packing - I hate it. My husband says "just travel light. Do without it or buy it when you get there.
    Well, I'm just posting this to relieve a little stress.

Sunday, we are taking my husband out for breakfast for Father's Day, and then he is driving me, my grandson (who is 12), and my grandson's mom, to the airport. We live in Chicago. This is the first time, that we have not left at the crack of dawn. It's the first time we are flying out of Ohare. My husband is perfectly happy to remain home. He likes the fact that my grandson is being spoiled by his Granny and his mom on a Disney Vacation.

I just wish the suitcases would pack themselves - magically. Guess I better get back to it.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Have a WONDERFUL trip!! What a great grandma you are!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries
    This trip to WDW is going to be wonderful and hard at the same time. I have been simultaneously planning two vacations for my grandson and myself.

The first one starts Sunday and it is him, his mom and myself. WE are off to Florida, and Disney World. We love it there, and always have a blast.

We have also been planning a Disneyland trip for the anniversary. Unfortunately, my grandson has to attend summer school, and he can not accompany me to Disneyland. I am also traveling with another mom and her 3 kids. I decided to go ahead and go myself with the other family. I have always wanted to visit Disneyland, and I may not get this opportunity again.

So I am sad and happy at the same time. Maybe, that's why the dilemna about packing.

Thanks for the kind words.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    That totally explains the reluctance! Kind of bittersweet for you.

But it sounds like your WDW trip will be wonderful!! And it's sooooooo cool to have back to back DL vs WDW trips! I did it in 2003 and it was spectacular

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

Hope you have a great trip!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries
    Everyone here is so thoughtful. I was reluctant to put my feelings, in print, but I thank everyone for their support.

Now I am feeling a little better, but I still need to get back to that packing. The mouse awaits. I got a little notebook yesterday, so hopefully I can jot a few things down each day and post a trip report. We come back on the 26th of June.

Thanks again.

• Rock Star Minion

Have fun and relax. Them's what vacations are all about.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries
    I am all packed! Now all I have to do is sit back and relax. My grandson stopped by with his mom. He had a physical today. Tomorrow, we are off to our usual Saturday morning at the bowling alley. He is in a bowling league. There is a graduation party to attend at 2 p.m., then we are off to bed for a good night's sleep.

I think I will put the Disney music on and get in a better mood. Actually, I feel much better now that the suitcases are ready.

They are predicting rain in Orlando, but that's typical.

Can't wait to see the castle. We are going to Magic Kingdom, Monday evening.

Our fishing excursion is set for Monday, 10 a.m. One Disney Dollar for each fish caught. Hey, I am getting excited again. MiceChat usually cheers me up.

I'll stay here a while, and read some lighthearted threads,

Thanks again.

• Self Congratulative

Hey Barbaraann,

I leave for Disney this Sunday as well. I'll be there through the 25th.

Maybe we'll run into eachother.

• Best Buds

Have a great time at WDW with the family! And I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun at DL, too.

We did Disneyland Paris and Disneyland a few months apart back in 2002. It was a blast!
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries
    Lots of my t-shirts say Barbaraann and Looking for Jiminy. If you see an older lady, in a lime green hat, that's me. My grandson is 12 and blond. We are staying at POR until the 23rd, and then switching to the Beach Club. My favorite theme park is Magic Kingdom. My grandson likes Epcot and is always looking for a CM to trade pins with.