Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Does the Laugh Floor fit in???

wasn't tomorrowland supposed to represent a view of a utopian future and ignite imagination and wonder? it seems like it has become a re-dressed fantasyland. Think of it this way:
    Space Mountain as well as the other attractions that no long exist there had a few things in common. One was that they all dealt with the future travel and the vision of humanity. The other was that they were immersive yet generic. Generic? you might ask. Well for lack of a better term, yes. Space Mountain, the TTA, even Galaxy Palace theatre are all generic enough where what is presented is a there to be a springboard for what YOU make the experience for whatever time you are on it. The queue for SM may remind people of a book they read, a dream they had, their own manifestation of what a space station might be, they could refer to Star Wars or Star Trek, the possibilities are only limited by you and you would be so immersed that you can just run with it however you wanted. Now, as they force feed us the cluster f*ck of movie tie ins that are only there to sell character merchandise we lose the creative freedom to make our own experince...and the experiences they feed us aren't even complementing the other attractions, nor the land. It's like reading a book as opposed to the the crappy, let-down movie version of the same story.

I also wish the brass over in Team Disney or Feature Animation or Celebration Place would get their heads together. You don't need character merch everywhere to sell merch. You can have really cool stuff and if it's there people will buy it. Same things with rides/shows. SM, TTA, PotC (pre movies), Soarin, M;S/ToT, IllumiNations (ROE) are all things that are popular and successful with no direct tie in to characters and their merch. and then you has that heinous rendition of HSM in tomorrowland that would be right near the store that sold pirates merchandise but that's a whole nother story.

Tomorrowland was always my favorite land, it's a shame it's been so bastardized.

• Attn. Space Travelers....

Quote Originally Posted by bluntman View Post
    wasn't tomorrowland supposed to represent a view of a utopian future and ignite imagination and wonder? it seems like it has become a re-dressed fantasyland. Think of it this way:
    Space Mountain as well as the other attractions that no long exist there had a few things in common. One was that they all dealt with the future travel and the vision of humanity. The other was that they were immersive yet generic. Generic? you might ask. Well for lack of a better term, yes. Space Mountain, the TTA, even Galaxy Palace theatre are all generic enough where what is presented is a there to be a springboard for what YOU make the experience for whatever time you are on it. The queue for SM may remind people of a book they read, a dream they had, their own manifestation of what a space station might be, they could refer to Star Wars or Star Trek, the possibilities are only limited by you and you would be so immersed that you can just run with it however you wanted. Now, as they force feed us the cluster f*ck of movie tie ins that are only there to sell character merchandise we lose the creative freedom to make our own experince...and the experiences they feed us aren't even complementing the other attractions, nor the land. It's like reading a book as opposed to the the crappy, let-down movie version of the same story.

I also wish the brass over in Team Disney or Feature Animation or Celebration Place would get their heads together. You don't need character merch everywhere to sell merch. You can have really cool stuff and if it's there people will buy it. Same things with rides/shows. SM, TTA, PotC (pre movies), Soarin, M;S/ToT, IllumiNations (ROE) are all things that are popular and successful with no direct tie in to characters and their merch. and then you has that heinous rendition of HSM in tomorrowland that would be right near the store that sold pirates merchandise but that's a whole nother story.

Tomorrowland was always my favorite land, it's a shame it's been so bastardized.

bravo sir!!! well said!!

as a CM at Space Mtn, i like how you describe how the preshow is symbollic of our own memories and reflections...try telling that to the consumer market - i mean - guests...
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

Symbolic of needing a rehab too... those posts in the queue look horrible. Bad paint jobs, all peeling, and the floor needs to be cleaned badly.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor could very easily be moved to the Disney/Pixar Studios - where at least it would fit in and provide a much needed new attraction. It would also give them an opportunity to fix some of the problems with this attraction.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nigel Channing View Post
    Symbolic of needing a rehab too... those posts in the queue look horrible. Bad paint jobs, all peeling, and the floor needs to be cleaned badly.

of course we need a rehab!! badly...rip out the whole darn track and all.....and a new ride system!! and yes....its not what it used to be...sadly....hopefully the refurb will bring good things

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor could very easily be moved to the Disney/Pixar Studios - where at least it would fit in and provide a much needed new attraction. It would also give them an opportunity to fix some of the problems with this attraction.

I was just about to think the same thing. It would be something cool if they made an actual "normal" looking comedy club on the outside, but when you go in, this regular lobby, there's a door with a peculiar light over it... and once you go through, you realize that the Monsters have stolen you to get more laughs.

At least a Comedy Club is more in the same vein as Hollywood and Entertainment. Give Tomorrowland something grand.

Do you think Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland would be stronger if Epcot didn't have a Future World? Of course the real answer should be "no" but what if....?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

i think T-land needs a Star Tours....like DLR

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Space Junk View Post
    i think T-land needs a Star Tours....like DLR

I think Magic Kingdom overall needs a boost in strong attractions that skew a tad older. Not EXTREME like Rock'n'Rollercoaster or even Tower of Terror... but rides like Star Tours enhance the Tomorrowland ideals. It's like Mission to Mars... only... it's Mission to Endor.

Even Alien Encounter was a cool original idea for Tomorrowland. So for those who have gone on EPCOT'S Mission:Space, would that have fit in better at Tomorrowland? Or is it just too extreme.

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

Would have fit in fine, but a tad too intense for MK. At least that's what marketing said. I don't agree.

And Monsters... how is it doing?
    Today Stitch's Great Escape had a 10 minute wait. Monsters was at 5.
    It's a bomb.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Laugh Floor fit's like a string bikini on a sperm whale.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Laugh Floor fit's like a string bikini on a sperm whale.
    Don't be that guy!
    These are the games that never end.

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Great idea! And I know just the venue: "Drew Carey's Over-Stayed-Welcome At Sounds Dangerous". The sound booths at the exit could be themed to 'interactive joke stations' - something along the lines of guess the punchline. Make it interactive like the Kodak photo-morphing stations at the end of EPCOT's Imagination.

But let's be honest, did 'If You Had Wings' or "Dreamflight/Take Flight" really fit either? Attractions about the HISTORY of aviation stuck in a land dedicated to looking at the future? And then there's the autopia or speedway, whatever its called - how are clunky race cars on a track futuristic?

I'm just saying the theming of the land has ALWAYS been kind of an issue.
    Anything you do, let it come from you, then it will be new. Give us more to see. ~Stephen Sondheim

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by theaterbear View Post
    But let's be honest, did 'If You Had Wings' or "Dreamflight/Take Flight" really fit either? Attractions about the HISTORY of aviation stuck in a land dedicated to looking at the future? And then there's the autopia or speedway, whatever its called - how are clunky race cars on a track futuristic?

Good point. I think that we're just lamenting the last two (or more?) chances that they had to re-focus the theming in Tomorrowland.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by theaterbear View Post

You're right about "Dreamflight" but the spirit of the attraction falls into the more educational aspects that Tomorrowland used to represent. Maybe if the attraction ended with possible flight patterns of the future, it would have been more interesting.

I always loved the possibility of a flight history (and potential future) for a big E-Ticket animatronics extravaganza.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast