Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Does the Laugh Floor fit in???

I've never been to the laugh floor (I've also never seen Monsters Inc), but I did like how AE was positioned, as an exhibit at the Tomorrowland Convention Center. Do they position the laugh floor similarly, like it is a comedy club set in this imaginary interplanetary spaceport? It does not sound like it, from what I have read here...

• Attn. Space Travelers....

Quote Originally Posted by Nom View Post
    I've never been to the laugh floor (I've also never seen Monsters Inc), but I did like how AE was positioned, as an exhibit at the Tomorrowland Convention Center. Do they position the laugh floor similarly, like it is a comedy club set in this imaginary interplanetary spaceport? It does not sound like it, from what I have read here...

heck no...theres absolutely no setup like that at all....its just there....all the CM's hate getting rotation to go work the monsters show too....so it sucks all around lol
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• Banned User

Its bad enough that Monsters Inc. doesn't belong in tomorrowland but its a terrible attraction on top of that.

If it was a high quality E or D-ticket and they played up the teleportation from one reality to another it might have been tolerable but as it stands its a fiasco that needs to be demolished.

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by Nom View Post
    Do they position the laugh floor similarly, like it is a comedy club set in this imaginary interplanetary spaceport? It does not sound like it, from what I have read here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Junk View Post
    heck no...theres absolutely no setup like that at all....
    I don't know what Space Junk is talking about. The Monsters Inc Laugh Floor is themed exactly like a comedy club. Granted, the queue is themed like a teleporting doorway similar to the movie; although instead of going from the scare floor to kids' bedrooms, you go from the human world to the monster world. After that, you're in a comedy club, with small tables that even have accent lights to see your drink (no real drinks, though).

The theming of the comedy club itself is one of the few redeeming qualities of this "attraction".
    These are the games that never end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    I don't know what Space Junk is talking about. The Monsters Inc Laugh Floor is themed exactly like a comedy club. Granted, the queue is themed like a teleporting doorway similar to the movie; although instead of going from the scare floor to kids' bedrooms, you go from the human world to the monster world. After that, you're in a comedy club, with small tables that even have accent lights to see your drink (no real drinks, though).
    I think what he is saying is that it is not set up like being something in the interplanetary spaceport... Why would you travel from the human world to the monster world when, themeatically, tomorrowland is supposed to be an outerspace interplanetarry spaceport? You're not in the human world in the new tomorrowland.

At least stitch and buzz are space-related... the monsters REALLY don't fit in, it sounds.

• Attn. Space Travelers....

thats what i was trying to say lol...thank you....

dont get me wrong, within itself, MILF is appropriately theme like a comedy club, but in an external sense, it doesnt belong in T-land at all
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

• Banned User

I will be jaunting down to WDW in a couple weeks, and will stop by the Monsters. Inc. Comedy Club to see how it looks. As I have gleamed from other sources, imagineers in charge thought that the Monsters in Monsters Inc. looked so similar to aliens (they look almost Star Wars-esque some of them) that it would no problem whatsoever fitting in at Tomorrowland. The little guy with one eye might as well be from Pluto as far as I can tell. However, obviously, it has not turned out to be quit the hit that was expected. Regardless, it would be easy to change the show, but unlikely consider that it will be left in place for many years, in the hope that guests will get used to it. I would have loved to see an original attraction not based on any film, although Pixar's are good.

• Banned User

ok so finding nemo submarines belongs in tommorrowland DL? NO but they are there. there is nothing futuristic about that attraction. and I remember the old subs and that ride didn't fit there either, nothing futuristic about subs, also at one time the matterhorn was supposed to be in tommorrowland. and the autopia is really futuristic. Even walt didn't theme the area 100% of the time. Laugh floor isn't an 3 ticket but it didn't replace an e ticket. it replaced a boring movie that you had to stand for 25 minutes and watch. and frankly from what I have read, it didn't get the repeat business. It was an attraction you saw once and didn't go back. the entire time it was there i saw it once and never went back. laugh floor is cute and funny and appeals to kids both young and old. and even though the monsters are the same , the show is just different enough to enjoy it each time. my only complaint is that pixar didn't have the time to do the animation and there are glitches in the program that need to be addressed.

• Someone's excited!

It seems that if they can't find a place to put a ride they just say, "Oh, put it in Tomorrowland." I don't know why and it's kind of dumb but whatever.
    Still wishing for that AP....

Future Imagineer, right here!

"Have I really been on MiceChat for TWO HOURS?!?!?!?" -Me

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    ok so finding nemo submarines belongs in tommorrowland DL?
    that is odd, the subs are in tomorrowland in DL? Then I agree that the nemo ride is not well themed. At least the subs in WDW were in fantasyland- that ride would have fit in well there. I guess DL is so psyched that they are getting an awesome ride in the sub lagoon, they are not quibbling about themeing.

It seems that if they can't find a place to put a ride they just say, "Oh, put it in Tomorrowland." I don't know why and it's kind of dumb but whatever.
    ITA!
    Last edited by Nom; 05-16-2007 at 12:09 PM. Reason: forgot a sentence

• When Will It Return?

Folks, you have to remember that Tomorrowland is about the possibilities of the future. The general public cruising underneath the north pole was certainly not a current run of the mill happening then, and the idea that brought it to Tomorrowland was that it 'might' happen someday if technology advanced that far, maybe.

Ok so we're not cruising through the ocean exploring the depths for ourselves yet...but that 'maybe' thought still exists. Now we'll have to see the ride itself, but Nemo could simply help us to see the big blue world out there. That wouldn't tarnish the 'maybe in the future' concept, and the Subs would still keep with the Tomorrowland theme.

Monsters Inc though...no. I can't think of anything that would tie in that poor excuse for an attraction into Tomorrowland at all. Monsters Inc is a fictional world of monsters who live in a fictional city that was powered by the screams of human kids, which they've apparently changed and is now powered by the laughter of humans apparently of any age. The theme itself is too much of a stretch for my taste, and the fact that its in Tomorrowland snaps that stretch into pieces.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Folks, you have to remember that Tomorrowland is about the possibilities of the future. The general public cruising underneath the north pole was certainly not a current run of the mill happening then, and the idea that brought it to Tomorrowland was that it 'might' happen someday if technology advanced that far, maybe.

Ok so we're not cruising through the ocean exploring the depths for ourselves yet...but that 'maybe' thought still exists. Now we'll have to see the ride itself, but Nemo could simply help us to see the big blue world out there. That wouldn't tarnish the 'maybe in the future' concept, and the Subs would still keep with the Tomorrowland theme.

Monsters Inc though...no. I can't think of anything that would tie in that poor excuse for an attraction into Tomorrowland at all. Monsters Inc is a fictional world of monsters who live in a fictional city that was powered by the screams of human kids, which they've apparently changed and is now powered by the laughter of humans apparently of any age. The theme itself is too much of a stretch for my taste, and the fact that its in Tomorrowland snaps that stretch into pieces.

-- PMM

Absolutely correct. The Submarine Voyage (not 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea like in Magic Kingdom) was and still is in Tomorrowland. Walt wanted it that way. Tomorrowland was exploring outerspace while exploring liquid space... both are still realms that we have yet to master.

Finding Nemo itself is an odd choice for Tomorrowland, but it's an overlay that most of us are happy to deal with, just to get those old submarines going again.

Monsters Inc though.... I suppose it's possible that there will be monsters who finally interact with us in the future, but the film itself is very much in current time.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

What year & setting does the movie Stitch take place in? Contemporary Hawaii. Not the future. Though, as has been stated, the show does deal with a futuristic, science fiction form of transportation.

What year and setting do the Buzz Lightyear films take place in? Contemporary America. Not the future. But the ride does deal with a futuristic, science fiction form of transportation.

What year and setting does Monsters, Inc take place in? Contemporary Earth/Monstropolis. Not the future. But the ride does deal with a futuristic, science fiction form of transportation in that it transports you to Monstropolis to visit the Laugh Floor.

It fits there as much as any other attraction.

• Minion

Thing with Buzz Lightyear is that it isn't directly based on the Toy Story films, but the Buzz Lightyear show WITHIN the Toy Story (as well as our own) universe. They made it more obvious that it was based on the show when they put in the new gift shop with the photo-ops with some of the shows characters. Thing with Buzz though is that it also is set more in the context of being within the Toy's world, which kinda mucks things up a bit. Would be really nice to see more elements of the TV show brought in.

Monsters Inc could really work better in MGM in the Sounds Dangerous theater. The comedy club setting would work better there AND we could get rid of Sounds Dangerous. Two birds killed with one stone.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by dreemfinder View Post
    What year & setting does the movie Stitch take place in? Contemporary Hawaii. Not the future. Though, as has been stated, the show does deal with a futuristic, science fiction form of transportation.

What year and setting do the Buzz Lightyear films take place in? Contemporary America. Not the future. But the ride does deal with a futuristic, science fiction form of transportation.

What year and setting does Monsters, Inc take place in? Contemporary Earth/Monstropolis. Not the future. But the ride does deal with a futuristic, science fiction form of transportation in that it transports you to Monstropolis to visit the Laugh Floor.

It fits there as much as any other attraction.
    IMO, stitch and Buzz are outer space themed, so they fit into the new tomorrowland themeing of tomorrowland being an interplanetary space port. From what I gather about monsters inc, it's more a fanatsy story... nothing to do with science fiction or futurism. If the monsters were on a distant planet, I would see a connection with tomorrowland- like I do with stitch and buzz (although I agree it is a bit of a tenuous connection). However, the monsters and their realm are purely fantasy... so if anywhere they should be in fantasyland.

The stitch and buzz rides are not based purely on the movies they originated from- instead, the rides spin the stories a bit... stitch is an alien beamed in from outerspace, and with buzz you're saving the universe from that evil guy. so that is why I feel that they fit, albeit tenuously, and monsters does not.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast